Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 10:26 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Why doesn't Porsche just post its allocations on Bring A Trailer?
The following 3 users liked this post by hf1:
alcoolmag911 (10-06-2023), michaeldorian (10-06-2023), vcp13 (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 10:37 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by alcoolmag911
this makes zero sense. My gf and i both bought out our leases in late 21 when used car prices wholesale 20-30% more than our buyouts from audi. We didnt cut a check to the dealer as she bought out of state we cut a check to audi financial. You seem to know so much about a car you clearly dont like.
I understand what your saying and frankly its easy to see through the smoke of the Porsche marketing team on this one if people just too the rose colored glasses off. Many brands make the originating dealer the gate keeper if you will of leases. It's not a new concept. To use your timeline as example. I Flipped a Platnium Expedition I had and while it was under lease I traded it in towards a Hellcat Durango(huge **** box SUV and Slow imho). Ford forced the buying dealer to communicate with the lease originating dealer to get buyout information and I still come out 10k on the upside of the deal with over a year left on the lease. Ford financial wouldn't provide any figures except the selling dealer was responsible for processing the buyout and even that time adjusting for mark up if they saw fit.

With that all being said I'm speaking from experience and most Euro brands actually thrive on leases and not purchased vehicles so they know very well what they can and cannot get away with.

As a car the ST is Vanilla. Its Porsches modern day Miata.

I think the "special" nature of the ST is well confimed within these boards, auto journalists whos loyalty is to the brand that is at topic all in the name of staying om their good list, and the obsessive types that seek the ST as an asset. While the world as a whole worship the new 3RS significantly over the ST. Why you may ask? It's simple, the 3RS is just that much more interesting, intriguing, ground breaking, taboo, and most of all a step into the new Porsche world of more aggressive street designs.

Just look at the GT3R Rennsport.... it literally was the talking point of Rennsport and left people not even giving to licks of care for the ST. It's essentially lightning in a bottle and can't be had except for the top of the top close to the brand, yet oddly enough people didn't care about that because it's a bad *** piece of machinery.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 10-06-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:40 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by hf1
Why doesn't Porsche just post its allocations on Bring A Trailer?
There are VIPs who have sold their spots on cars for well into the 6 figures. Why be the corporate bad guy when you got boots on the ground that can prop up the figures for you?

It's all in the name of "limited".
Old 10-06-2023, 11:08 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,555 Likes on 2,588 Posts

Lol, 992 3RS is not a ‘street design’. Only a non-track guy would say (and believe) that.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:12 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Lol, 992 3RS is not a ‘street design’. Only a non-track guy would say (and believe) that.
Have you ever driven a purpose built race car? If you have, you'll know that an RS is a sofa by comparison.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
Have you ever driven a purpose built race car? If you have, you'll know that an RS is a sofa by comparison.
Yes, several. I know the difference.

That doesn’t make RS a ‘street design’. Porsche is clear that the RS has been made tolerable on the road so that it can be driven to and from the track.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:18 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I understand what your saying and frankly its easy to see through the smoke of the Porsche marketing team on this one if people just too the rose colored glasses off. Many brands make the originating dealer the gate keeper if you will of leases. It's not a new concept. To use your timeline as example. I Flipped a Platnium Expedition I had and while it was under lease I traded it in towards a Hellcat Durango(huge **** box SUV and Slow imho). Ford forced the buying dealer to communicate with the lease originating dealer to get buyout information and I still come out 10k on the upside of the deal with over a year left on the lease. Ford financial wouldn't provide any figures except the selling dealer was responsible for processing the buyout and even that time adjusting for mark up if they saw fit.

With that all being said I'm speaking from experience and most Euro brands actually thrive on leases and not purchased vehicles so they know very well what they can and cannot get away with.

I think the "special" nature of the ST is well confimed within these boards, auto journalists whos loyalty is to the brand that is at topic all in the name of staying om their good list, and the obsessive types that seek the ST as an asset. While the world as a whole worship the new 3RS significantly over the ST. Why you may ask? It's simple, the 3RS is just that much more interesting, intriguing, ground breaking, taboo, and most of all a step into the new Porsche world of more aggressive street designs.

Just look at the GT3R Rennsport.... it literally was the talking point of Rennsport and left people not even giving to licks of care for the ST. It's essentially lightning in a bottle and can't be had except for the top of the top close to the brand, yet oddly enough people didn't care about that because it's a bad *** piece of machinery.
"I'm exactly what Porsche wants" but can't get any limited cars

I'll take a Miata please
The following 5 users liked this post by PTS:
AlexCeres (10-06-2023), Diablo Dude (10-06-2023), Jbravo23 (10-06-2023), unotaz (10-06-2023), Wilder (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 01:22 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Yes, several. I know the difference.

That doesn’t make RS a ‘street design’. Porsche is clear that the RS has been made tolerable on the road so that it can be driven to and from the track.

Believe it or not, if one turn all the ***** to -4, the new 3RS is one of the nicest riding car out there.
The following 2 users liked this post by Whoopsy:
BrntRubber (10-07-2023), michaeldorian (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 01:32 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Seems like many are confused. Thus has nothing to do with stopping flippers. This has to do with retaking control of the profits of the flip. Cards are in the dealers hands now after the lease is up and the dealers nets the rewards of the market correction, adm, flip, whatever you choose to call it.

This isn't about brand loyalists receiving respect from the brand they love, its about profits to the mothership.

In all frankness and not to be rude to the VIP list, but if Porsche was truly smart they would've made the VIP program null and void Citing Covid and extreme market constraints. In return leveling the playing field to the market. The sad reality the worst flippers are 918 guys and congrats to them!
Not really. Those that are left in the VIP program are the real thing. They buy and keep. I literally know 90% of what's left of the VIPs. The worst flippers had always been dealers. They ordered cars with fake info then use all sorts of excuses about the buyer backed out and now they have a car that they can sell to the highest bidder.
The following 4 users liked this post by Whoopsy:
AlexCeres (10-06-2023), Awdnut (10-09-2023), Guest89 (10-06-2023), usctrojanGT3 (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 01:40 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Believe it or not, if one turn all the ***** to -4, the new 3RS is one of the nicest riding car out there.
I don't doubt that it can be made to ride well, but all that aero has a real benefit only on the track. Grip of the regular 992 GT3 is already very high.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:58 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Tone deaf
Old 10-06-2023, 02:55 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 954 Likes on 466 Posts

honestly, with normal tourings that are 1-2 years old with miles on them still fetching $260-$300, what’s so wrong with Porsche making 2,000 more ‘super’ tourings and pricing it at roughly the same price as the secondary market for normal tourings. If nothing else, it’s 2000 more touring for the world. Everyone should be happy
The following 5 users liked this post by DodoBrd:
AlexCeres (10-06-2023), Greek Car Geek (10-06-2023), michaeldorian (10-07-2023), pcar-yvr (10-08-2023), Wilder (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 04:10 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Right, I'm a drive through guy! The tracks I love are 1320ft long.

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
His verision of racecars all have comfort items.... and cup holders.

Originally Posted by PTS
"I'm exactly what Porsche wants" but can't get any limited cars

I'll take a Miata please
You're missing the point. The 918 program was only established to help sell 918s. They did Porsche a favor and essentially bailed out Porsche from what was essentially a flop amongst the purists. They're rewarded for 10yrs with first dibs so kudos to them. Beyond that the same crowd that demonized the 918 now worships the 918, yet oddly villianizes the new 3rs. Notice a trend?

The Porsche cult doesn't know what it wants. Yet everything from the motherland screams "the greatest in vein all for something limited to draw the relevance. The hype of limited has diluted Porsches marketing team, essentially acting as a proverbial crack ***** to the masses.

I'm 100% happy with my GTs and Turbo S spots and never have had to wait for a spot. Lastly, my pts 3RS will 100% be worth the wait and will essentially be more overall entertaining that an ST. The ST 100% will have some with buyer's remorse.... or shall I say Leasees remorse 🤣.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:32 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Right, I'm a drive through guy! The tracks I love are 1320ft long.

His verision of racecars all have comfort items.... and cup holders.

You're missing the point. The 918 program was only established to help sell 918s. They did Porsche a favor and essentially bailed out Porsche from what was essentially a flop amongst the purists. They're rewarded for 10yrs with first dibs so kudos to them. Beyond that the same crowd that demonized the 918 now worships the 918, yet oddly villianizes the new 3rs. Notice a trend?

The Porsche cult doesn't know what it wants. Yet everything from the motherland screams "the greatest in vein all for something limited to draw the relevance. The hype of limited has diluted Porsches marketing team, essentially acting as a proverbial crack ***** to the masses.

I'm 100% happy with my GTs and Turbo S spots and never have had to wait for a spot. Lastly, my pts 3RS will 100% be worth the wait and will essentially be more overall entertaining that an ST. The ST 100% will have some with buyer's remorse.... or shall I say Leasees remorse 🤣.
You're new to the game but somehow got it all figured out while the rest of us are thumbing our asses. Kudos to you

Last edited by PTS; 10-06-2023 at 05:38 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by PTS:
AlexCeres (10-06-2023), BlazinPond (10-07-2023), BrntRubber (10-07-2023), Wilder (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 05:38 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
You're new to the game but somehow got it all figured out while the rest of us are thumbing are asses. Kudos to you
No. I'm merely stating the obvious. Please correct me of I'm wrong. Was or was not the 918 an initial flop?.... Yes and they had a hard time selling for many of the same reasons why folk bitch about the 3RS.

Quick Reply: 911ST