Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum-256/)
-   -   And so the flipping begins... (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum/1272962-and-so-the-flipping-begins.html)

Chris C. 10-17-2021 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by python (Post 17727099)
Poverty specced gt3.

I ticked nearly every single box on my 992 gt3 and it only goes to around 220k

Umm, that’s not true….

Scottykenneth 10-17-2021 05:47 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...8544f6f70.jpeg
Quick Edit 😬

Il CP 10-17-2021 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by powdrhound (Post 17730158)
The bigger dumb asses are those that are willing to pay the extra money to these idiots. Take the buyers away, flippers will disappear.

Spot on. Here in Europe we don't have the dealers playing the games we see in the US. If your local Ferrari dealer here asked someone to buy a used Lusso in order to get an F8 allocation, he would be told to go spin. Same with the GT3. Sure some dealers try it, but most tell them to f off. The reason why the US see the massive ADM's, are because people tolerate and accept it. I have made it very clear to my dealer, that if he ever try to pull an ADM on me for a new car, he has seen me for the last time. I've been very frank about the fact that I don't ever want to hear it. Tell me no, that's perfectly fine, but never ask me to pay over MSRP for a car I order. In my book, that is simple fraud. There's a list price set by Porsche, and that's what I will pay.

JohnnyF1ve 10-17-2021 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Il CP (Post 17730892)
Spot on. Here in Europe we don't have the dealers playing the games we see in the US. If your local Ferrari dealer here asked someone to buy a used Lusso in order to get an F8 allocation, he would be told to go spin. Same with the GT3. Sure some dealers try it, but most tell them to f off. The reason why the US see the massive ADM's, are because people tolerate and accept it. I have made it very clear to my dealer, that if he ever try to pull an ADM on me for a new car, he has seen me for the last time. I've been very frank about the fact that I don't ever want to hear it. Tell me no, that's perfectly fine, but never ask me to pay over MSRP for a car I order. In my book, that is simple fraud. There's a list price set by Porsche, and that's what I will pay.

I'm just curious then, who gets the allocations in Europe? Many favorite car guys on YouTube talk about how hard it is to get one there. From what I see online, it seems even harder to get a gt car in Europe. I mean, by the way I've absolutely heard guys openly talking about "would you buy a gt4 to get into a gt3 slot" on podcasts in the UK, etc.

I have a feeling getting an allocation in Europe isn't exactly first come first serve, or a "friendly relationship" as you seem to imply.

Il CP 10-17-2021 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyF1ve (Post 17730909)
I'm just curious then, who gets the allocations in Europe? Many favorite car guys on YouTube talk about how hard it is to get one there. From what I see online, it seems even harder to get a gt car in Europe. I mean, by the way I've absolutely heard guys openly talking about "would you buy a gt4 to get into a gt3 slot" on podcasts in the UK, etc.

I have a feeling getting an allocation in Europe isn't exactly first come first serve, or a "friendly relationship" as you seem to imply.

Don't confuse the UK market with the Euro market. Those guys in the UK seem to have a Porsche dealer mess all of their own. If you are referring to that Carguys tv bloke, that's just his version. And while he often talk about the UK market as a general Euro market, he is way off on many things about the Euro market.

It's not a first come, first serve. However, it's more a question of yes or no rather than just asking for money. Of course having a dealer relationship matters, but there are ways to get those outside of paying over msrp or buying ugly specced Panameras etc. Here many get their allocations because they do events, official trackdays, courses etc. I get my allocations because I show an interest in racing, not because I buy a ton of cars from Porsche. Since 2013, I have had four Porsches. A 991.1 GTS, a 981 GT4 which I still have, a 991.2 GT3RS which I sold after 20 months, and now a Touring on order. I have however, also done a ton of events, track days, drivers training etc. My dealer value me as a client because I like to participate, not because I buy cars. This is common here in Europe, also with Ferrari and McLaren. Many build their dealer or brand relationship on participation, not car purchasing. These companies want their clients to represent the motorsport heritage, and thus getting involved is how you can get allocations here most of the time.

usctrojanGT3 10-17-2021 09:59 PM

Yup, Americans in general are dumbasses who are not patient so they are the ones that pay the highest ADMs.

carcommander 10-17-2021 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 (Post 17731004)
Yup, Americans in general are dumbasses who are not patient so they are the ones that pay the highest ADMs.

You know, everything is relative. Some want, what they want, and the money doesn’t matter. And, if they have FU money they usually aren’t dumb. You paid over for an RS. Are you dumb. Also, do you have an allocation?

motorwerksgroup 10-17-2021 10:32 PM

Charging over MSRP isn't fraud by any means. You may not like it, but it's not fraud. The dealer can charge whatever they like. It's called Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price.

Il CP 10-17-2021 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by carcommander (Post 17731033)
You know, everything is relative. Some want, what they want, and the money doesn’t matter. And, if they have FU money they usually aren’t dumb. You paid over for an RS. Are you dumb. Also, do you have an allocation?

It has nothing to do with being able to afford it. I could care less about the money, but that's not the same as willingly accepting a shafting. I'd be out of my tiny mind if I had paid over list for something that is produced in the thousands.

I know smart people with average means, and I know very wealthy people who would be flat on their ass broke had it not been for others and a great deal of luck. The smart people I know with money to burn, aren't paying well over sticker just to look cool with the latest and greatest thing. Not saying they don't buy these cars because they do, but they don't go to extremes just to be first in line if someone is ahead of them.

Had I not gotten my Touring allocation, I would not lose a second of sleep over it. Then I'd just find something else. Life is too short and time is too scarce to obsess over an allocation for a car.

Il CP 10-17-2021 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup (Post 17731069)
Charging over MSRP isn't fraud by any means. You may not like it, but it's not fraud. The dealer can charge whatever they like. It's called Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price.

Granted, fraud is not the right word. But MSRP is there for dealers to adhere to in order for them not to undercut each other. It was not designed for dealers to push prices up.
and since it is the manufactures suggested price, isn't that what matters? Aren't Porsche the manufacture who tells their dealers what to charge? From what I am told, Porsche dealers aren't allowed by Porsche to add a dealer markup.

michaeldorian 10-17-2021 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth (Post 17730586)

Seems to be back to the original price.

motorwerksgroup 10-17-2021 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Il CP (Post 17731096)
Had I not gotten my Touring allocation, I would not lose a second of sleep over it. Then I'd just find something else. Life is too short and time is too scarce to obsess over an allocation for a car.

well...the same could be said for those with FU money could it not?

As you said, and for they as well, life is too short and time is too scarce to obsess over an allocation for a car.

they have the means...so they pull the trigger.

usctrojanGT3 10-17-2021 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by carcommander (Post 17731033)

Yes, I was a dumbass to pay over for my 991.1RS...I felt dirty and told myself I'd never do it again. Just because someone can doesn't mean they should. Yes, I've been promised an MSRP allocation from my dealership with the next round of allocations coming in late Oct/early Nov and have submitted my build to them.

motorwerksgroup 10-18-2021 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Il CP (Post 17731106)
Granted, fraud is not the right word. But MSRP is there for dealers to adhere to in order for them not to undercut each other. It was not designed for dealers to push prices up.
and since it is the manufactures suggested price, isn't that what matters? Aren't Porsche the manufacture who tells their dealers what to charge? From what I am told, Porsche dealers aren't allowed by Porsche to add a dealer markup.

You were told incorrectly. Porsche dealers are allowed to charge whatever they'd like to; and no, the Porsche isn't the manufacturer who tells their dealer what to charge. Rather, Ferrari insists that NEW cars are sold at MSRP.

chance6 10-18-2021 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyF1ve (Post 17730909)

There's a couple Euro car guys on youtube that have new GT3s. One guy films his apartment, going down the stairs, into the commune garage, and then going to get a haircut. You have to FFD about 10 minutes in to even find car footage. lmao
Another guy talks about Bitcoin and how much money he makes. <yawn>
Another guy seems to buy 3 new cars per week and obviously either has an inferiority complex or his Dad won the Nobel Peace Prize.