Sponsored by:

Help with Color Selection

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
I keep going back and forth on the wheels...Silver or Platinum Satin, both colors in Carrera S wheels. Someone mentioned black wheels and it is personal taste for sure, but I have never cared for black wheels much.
Stock Carrera S wheels with plain center caps. Exactly the look I was after and $0 option. I figure I can put the $1500 or so for painted wheels toward a second set if I decide to mount winter tires. Clear LED side markers placed after this pic was taken.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:38 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
It is the fastest and hardest to care for!

Viper green is a color that pops if you go PTS. Have you thought about wrapping the car if the color is your main reason for wanting to make a move? I know your talking about Cab to coupe but didn't know what the primary driver was.
I’ve always owned Cabs but like the lines of the coupe a lot better. Wife is not overly happy about the switch, but she is supportive, as she enjoys an occasional ride in the convertible.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:45 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Well, here I go again. C2S on order, Carmine Red with Black interior, end of August cut-off. However I am second guessing myself with the color selection. Carmine looks absolutely great in the sun, however in the shade it looks darker than I really like (but might be OK), and for me Guard's Red has too much orange in it...just personal observations and obviously opinions vary.

So while I will likely keep the order with Carmine, I've got the Blues. That is, I really like a lot of the PTS blues, and am having the SA check into where Porsche is currently with PTS orders. Maybe I'll get lucky and my timing will be right. So if continue with the Blues, my once favorite Miami Blue is out as it looks just a little too turquoise for me. I do like Mexico, Riviera, Voodoo, and Nogaro Blue, however I have never seen any of them in person. Nogaro might be like Carmine for me, great in the sun but too dark otherwise. Voodoo would likely be my first choice followed by Mexico. I took a quick peek at Maritime Blue but in photos it appears to have a bit of lavender in it which is not my favorite. Sure wish the other blues mentioned were close by. Dealer does not have samples of any of them nor would I expect them to since they are PTS. At the end of the day if I keep my order the way it is I'm sure I'll be happy, but for this kind of cash I want my car to be as perfect for me as I can make it. All that said, opinions welcome.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:58 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Well, here I go again. C2S on order, Carmine Red with Black interior, end of August cut-off. However I am second guessing myself with the color selection. Carmine looks absolutely great in the sun, however in the shade it looks darker than I really like (but might be OK), and for me Guard's Red has too much orange in it...just personal observations and obviously opinions vary.

So while I will likely keep the order with Carmine, I've got the Blues. That is, I really like a lot of the PTS blues, and am having the SA check into where Porsche is currently with PTS orders. Maybe I'll get lucky and my timing will be right. So if continue with the Blues, my once favorite Miami Blue is out as it looks just a little too turquoise for me. I do like Mexico, Riviera, Voodoo, and Nogaro Blue, however I have never seen any of them in person. Nogaro might be like Carmine for me, great in the sun but too dark otherwise. Voodoo would likely be my first choice followed by Mexico. I took a quick peek at Maritime Blue but in photos it appears to have a bit of lavender in it which is not my favorite. Sure wish the other blues mentioned were close by. Dealer does not have samples of any of them nor would I expect them to since they are PTS. At the end of the day if I keep my order the way it is I'm sure I'll be happy, but for this kind of cash I want my car to be as perfect for me as I can make it. All that said, opinions welcome.
Got a 911 GTS on order in Riviera Blue... I had the fortune of a Dealer about an hour away that had a Riviera Blue GT3 and GT3RS to look at. The Rollbar in the backseat was painted in Mexico Blue for some reason so I was able to look at both of them.

Nogaro Blue is an Audi color, so get on Autotrader and look for RS4, S4s, etc

Quick Reply: Help with Color Selection