Sponsored by:

Retrofit "smokers" option

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:39 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Retrofit "smokers" option

I just bought a 2017 992.2 with about 12K mi on it. Love the car (I am a BMW guy for many years and finally switched over to Porsche).

But, the guy who ordered/spec'd my car, did not include the so called "smokers option", so I have no cigar power outlet on my center console. Now I don't smoke, but I am used to having such an outlet for the remote readout from the Valentine one radar detector. I looked into purchasing the missing "ash tray" and power outlet (over $300!) but I am told the wire harness in the center console may or may not have the electrical connections for the power outlet. The parts sheets show two wire harness part numbers, so one may indeed have the connections and the other may not. A call to the dealer could not answer the question, except they would have to take the car apart at a labor cost of $600 just to tell me if the harness has the connections.

Can anyone confirm if those connections are on the harness? If so, I may be able to install the replacement power outlet, but I do not want to dig around looking for connections on an unfamiliar harness.

Alternatively, I could place the remote display in the existing cavity in the console and just run more wires from an adapter in the foot well, but the the cigar lighter outlet is cleaner.

Quick Reply: Retrofit "smokers" option