Sponsored by:

Aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,245 Posts

Originally Posted by TSOS
Ill look into it. There a dealer thats not too far from me. Tuned cars are a lot more fun. Some of the nannies turned off. Turbo'd cars that are tuned seem the most ferocious in comparison to NA. Ive had one of each (VW and a M3) to compare to so I may be incorrect.
note that you can order it directly from Cobb themselves, its a self-install.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:45 PM
TSOS
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Am i reading into the COBB stuff too simply. Buy the COBB accessport and an OBD cord, push a few buttons and the tune is done? This seems too easy. I thought you had to take the ECU out and send it off to be flashed then sent back with the new goodies. This seems to good to be true for that price and to be able to switch back to OEM with a few buttons.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,245 Posts

Originally Posted by TSOS
Am i reading into the COBB stuff too simply. Buy the COBB accessport and an OBD cord, push a few buttons and the tune is done? This seems too easy. I thought you had to take the ECU out and send it off to be flashed then sent back with the new goodies. This seems to good to be true for that price and to be able to switch back to OEM with a few buttons.
Nope that's exactly how it works!
Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 PM
TSOS
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Nope that's exactly how it works!
I'm getting one for sure. Doesn't look like significant increase in HP or torque but some ability to customize your ride. Bought some BMC filters after seeing your exhaust install. I wanna massage out any extra HP I can.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I have the Cobb too I think Larry and I ordered at the same time. It is not significant in ho but it does give better throttle response and I think brings the power on at peak more aggressively. Easy to install and uninstall when you are visiting the dealer. Best to uninstall as the dealers will screw it up when they connect to the car.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust