Sponsored by:

991 Door interior coming loose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by mikex25
i figured mine doesn't look as bad as some of the pictures posted but the dealer said to come back "when" not "if".

The dealer stated PCNA would most likely not pay them back and they would be stuck with that bill. I am confused now by your earlier statement and maybe they just didn't want to do it.
I was told by my dealer, hence the need for pics, that PCNA is fully aware of the issue and for them to get compensated they needed to send pics of the defect to them.
Any dealer who doesn't want to do the work and uses PCNA as the reason is just not worth working with. There is significant margin in selling these cars even if they had to eat some small repair. Also none of the techs working at a dealer are making close to the $125-&150 hourly rate they charge for work so there is room for customer accommodation. That is what separates the really good dealers from the mediocre "showroom parking space" dealers.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by APristi
Unfortunately only one dealer in my area and they refused replacement, that's why im thinking of just having the door reupholstered on the offchance they might be able to make the panel sturdier
Reach out to PCNA yourself and see if they can put pressure on the dealer. Also with the feedback from here confront the dealer again and ask that the work be done as a factory defect item.
This should have been a recall item from Porsche on all models and years affected.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:47 AM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
Honestly, this was my EXACT experience. The dealership that I went to that was farther away agreed to do it sight unseen. Glad to hear you are getting it taken care of - look at the replacement costs online at a site like sunset, NOT for the faint of heart...�� Congrats!
Thank you and I had the same dilemma. Went to the first dealership due to distance, but now I will gladly drive further to have my car serviced.

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I had one side more than yours and the second about as much as yours. The dealer did both while still under warranty.
It wasn't as bad as some of the people here but it is starting to lift and only going to get worse. No matter how small the lifting is, this shouldn't even happen at all.

Why did they only cover at 83%? That's an odd number to start with and if you were under or just out of warranty it should have been covered 100%.
His was out of warranty and under "good will"

I was told by my dealer, hence the need for pics, that PCNA is fully aware of the issue and for them to get compensated they needed to send pics of the defect to them.
Any dealer who doesn't want to do the work and uses PCNA as the reason is just not worth working with. There is significant margin in selling these cars even if they had to eat some small repair. Also none of the techs working at a dealer are making close to the $125-&150 hourly rate they charge for work so there is room for customer accommodation. That is what separates the really good dealers from the mediocre "showroom parking space" dealers.
What upsets me was Stevens Creek telling me PCNA won't cover it, but another dealership Fremont taking care of it with no problems. Stevens Creek will get reimbursed, don't understand why they won't help me. However it wasn't up to my service advisor at Stevens Creek, it was the managers call and he was the one who kept trying to find reasons not to cover it.

Last edited by mikex25; 09-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:38 AM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 79 Posts

Mine were peeling as well and when the SA spoke with PCNA, they informed them that they were concerned that it could impede the deployment of the door airbags correctly and could be a safety concern.

After that statement PCNA approved for my doors to be replaced. My car is a 2012.5 with CPO warranty.

tell your dealer to try that route.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:45 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

For an update, I called a different dealership and they will replace it with no questions asked. I am very disappointed at Stevens Creek Porsche in northern California. I could tell they didn't want to help me out by trying to show me other cars which had the issue (they couldn't find one). Asking me how I noticed and I referred to this forum, stating they can't warranty a problem I read online. Blaming it on a window tint, in which I replied the doors should be made robust enough to handle a tint. Kudos to Fremont Porsche for being service oriented and rectifying an obvious defect.

Steven's Creek doesn't have a very good reputation. It's them being lazy and not wanting to bother with something that won't make them any $$. Little do they know, losing a customer long term over something like this is more expensive. Idiots.

Glad you got it resolved
Old 09-09-2017, 02:58 PM
mikex25

Originally Posted by STG
Steven's Creek doesn't have a very good reputation. It's them being lazy and not wanting to bother with something that won't make them any $$. Little do they know, losing a customer long term over something like this is more expensive. Idiots.

Glad you got it resolved
thank you and I completely agree with this. To make things worse I was also in to repair something that costed me $2300 out of my pocket. It's not like I showed up just to make a warranty claim. Definitely taking my car else where.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

thank you and I completely agree with this. To make things worse I was also in to repair something that costed me $2300 out of my pocket. It's not like I showed up just to make a warranty claim. Definitely taking my car else where.
In there for $2,300 of work, and still get the shaft? Unbelievable.

How is it that all these common issues are common knowledge on this forum, but when brought up to any Porsche dealer they look at you like they're hearing it for the first time or like you're speaking a foreign language
Old 09-09-2017, 04:53 PM
mikex25

Originally Posted by STG
In there for $2,300 of work, and still get the shaft? Unbelievable.

How is it that all these common issues are common knowledge on this forum, but when brought up to any Porsche dealer they look at you like they're hearing it for the first time or like you're speaking a foreign language
exactly, I can maybe understand if I just strolled in there ONLY conducting a warranty claim. To spend that much money and be denied is horrible. Now I wish I had spent the money on the other dealership.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:55 PM
pcarmanwithans
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, following up on my door cards warping issue on 2013 C2S 991.1 out of warranty for one year:
Dealer got PCNA to cover everything but $1100 and the dealership said they would cover that. I paid $0. Local dealership working hard to make the locals happy. Car was originally purchased from another dealership far from here and was sold to me privately. a bunch of tech bulletins fixed as well at no charge. I consider myself fortunate.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:07 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 255 Posts

And the local dealer working hard for the customer is?

DaveGee
Old 09-20-2017, 12:52 AM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anybody tried to get this fixed with an aftermarket warranty like Fidelity? Appears under warranty seems like a replacement. CPO is a crapshoot.

But what about an aftermarket warranty?
Old 09-20-2017, 06:10 AM
NF4710
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 116 Posts

Most aftermarket warranties exclude interior trim. I would imagine it's gonna be a tough sell.

NF
Old 09-20-2017, 12:51 PM
pcarmanwithans
Advanced

Take it to a local Porsche dealer and see if they can get PCNA to fix it. They are good willing some cases. It is a case by case thing. Dealer will take pictures and make a pitch for you.

Originally Posted by mrmojom3
Has anybody tried to get this fixed with an aftermarket warranty like Fidelity? Appears under warranty seems like a replacement. CPO is a crapshoot.

But what about an aftermarket warranty?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 255 Posts

But you still won't share the name of the dealer that went to bat for you?

DaveGee
Old 08-19-2018, 07:39 AM
rami adel
1st Gear

this issue happened to me on AUG.2017 of the driver side, i reported this issue to my dealership and my warranty is expired, i was arguing with manager of maintenance regarding this issue as it a manufacture installation defect either im under warranty or not, this issue Porsche must fix it not me.
after a week i recived from dealership a feedback stating that a goodwell been approved for you with 40% on Porsche & 60% on me ( which is not acceptable to me), i contact the porsche region of this regard, and after another week they contacted me and approved the solving of 100% and they fix it. while i inform them that at anytime could be the other side will pops up.
on AUG.2018 the other side pops up as i expacted, i went again for evaluation , and after couple of days, my dealership inform me that porsche rejected the fix because ( the car warranty never been re-new.
i sent them this :

As per your below justification regarding my compliance, which apparently not been reviewed by Porsche .

The complaint was:

· A manufacture, installation door panel trim defect, whereas PORSCHE (mother company) aware of this as it was reported several of time worldwide.

· On AUG.2017 I reported this issue which PORSCHE provided with a goodwill offer (which was not even realistic to be accepted), after escalating the matter to POSRCHE middle east, I granted 100% on the part. (Refer to history).while the other door side started to be loose as well, I draw that point on my first complaint
· On AUG.2018 the other side become loose as I anticipate.
The requested service:

To evaluate this issue as a manufacture, installation door panel trim defect as PORSCHE aware of regardless if the owner under warranty or not (a defect is a defect and a great company as PORSCHE with 70 yrs. will known of high standard build & quality will solve such a defect, not on the owner).
§ Since when Porsche Evaluation Report will be considered if the owner has a re-new warranty history or not.
§ Such an issue might be found after 8-10 years from ownership of a car is accepted, but within 3-4 years with high attention for a car with value of 450.000 SAR that’s no acceptable, not even a low cost car with value 30.000 SAR having such an issue as this.
§ I’m an owner of 3 PORSCHE 911 (997- 997.2 - 991) with no issues before at all (that to be considered not a warranty history).
§ A justification should more clarified than this if PORSCHE value me as an owner/client such as (owner interfered with the part or a high outside temperature, etc.).
please provide me with an official feedback from PORSCHE regarding this manufacture installation door panel trim defect (from manufacturing prescriptive not a marketing perspective). As i preventing to escalate this issue any further to be reported to Ministry of Commerce as i value this brand, while unfortunately lately a many porsche models been reported for several issues to be fixed as Porsche aware.

its really unfortunate that the build quality of these cars drop down, even a low cost car will never have an issue like that. now im sure porsche dead for me on last 997 , after its totally fake porsche.
* i tweet that if you can support me and to make porsche admit about that issue to be fixed for everyone who having this issue either with warranty or not.

AUG.2018

AUG.2017

Quick Reply: 991 Door interior coming loose?