Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 PDK Paddle Neutral with Sport Design Wheel Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:04 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
No.
Yes, Macan and Panny are PDK. The Macan uses a different unit than other PDK's though. The Cayenne is a slushbox.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:19 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by whoddoo
If I remember correctly if you are stopped and double tap into neutral you have to put your foot on the brake and shift into first.
Excellent tip, thank you. I'll try that!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:08 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Does it work while going at speed, or only at a standstill?
Old 07-01-2017, 09:17 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by acey81
Does it work while going at speed, or only at a standstill?
Works at speed.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by daberlin
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...riving-Program

Shift to N – Neutral using the shift paddles

Pull both shift paddles simultaneously and release them again immediately. Transmission in N – Neutral.
The vehicle rolls with the engine disengaged and at idle speed without engine braking effect.

The number in the gear indicator goes out and the selector lever position flashes.

------------------

Mine works as described above, but I've had a difficult time putting the car back into gear once I've blipped the paddles to engage N.
The PDK-S in the GT3 functions differently:

"The PaddleNeutral function is based on the function of a clutch pedal on vehicles with manual transmission. It can be used to interrupt the power
transmission between the engine and the transmission. Pull and hold both shift paddles on the steering wheel simultaneously. When PaddleNeutral is active, the engaged gear flashes in the gear indicator on the tachometer. Power transmission can be re-established by releasing the shift paddles."

The car only holds neutral for the time the two paddles are pulled. When you let them go, you are back in the gear you were in.

TT
Old 12-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Oel
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaw
Hi All --

I just upgraded my 2016 991 C2 with an alcantara sport design wheel in lieu of the steering wheel PDK buttons. Quick question -- do I need PWIS programming to make paddle neutral work? I tested it out the paddles -- they work fine for + and - but pulling both does not activate neutral. Loving the new wheel, regardless.

Thanks!

Jeff
hi jeff,
I understand it is a coding issue, hope you got yours fixed by now.
My question, did you get your with the right hand stalk installed- the one you control the multifunction screen with, or not?
if you can share how much did it cost you would be great.
I am facing similar issues since I have upgraded to the sport steering wheel at the agency, and want to understand my ground.
Thank you
Old 12-22-2018, 04:08 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Mine has to be in Sport+ for the right paddle to put it back into gear. Pulling both does get Neutral, no matter the Sport Chrono setting with foot on the brake, but Sport+ does not require foot on the brake to get neutral. I'm only using my PDK in Manual mode, so that might also make a difference.
It took a while, but using the paddles in Sport+ manual now feels just as natural as shifting with the right hand and both feet. With my Cargraphic downpipes, i now have my choice of three different engine sounds. With PSE off it sounds almost normal. In Sport with PSE on, much louder and deeper with loud crackles and pops during engine braking and flames out the outer tailpipes. In Sport+, same louder and deeper with PSE on, with much reduced crackling and popping during engine braking, easy to blip the throttle using paddles for neutral and back into gear with right paddle, and you will also hear the two turbos whining up and down at low engine rpms during slow maneuvering like when parking. It's fun!
Old 01-31-2020, 06:21 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

Posted in wrong thread. Sorry.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:10 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Only the sports cars do it. Macan/Cayenne/Pan are not PDK.

Mecan and Panamera are PDK , cayenne isn't
Old 02-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Lotusnfg
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sport Design Coding

Hi all,
2014 C2S, bought it with the base steering wheel. Bought the sport design wheel from Suncoast, and installed it. Everything worked except the double pull on paddles for neutral. Dealer wanted $200 to re-code. So I said what the hell and bought the Chinese PWIS, and coded it myself, double pull on paddles now engages neutral as it should.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lotusnfg:
edirtaynine (10-20-2020), Ktweber (04-25-2021)
Old 02-01-2020, 01:39 PM
afk
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by daberlin
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...riving-Program

Shift to N – Neutral using the shift paddles

Pull both shift paddles simultaneously and release them again immediately. Transmission in N – Neutral.
The vehicle rolls with the engine disengaged and at idle speed without engine braking effect.

The number in the gear indicator goes out and the selector lever position flashes.

------------------

Mine works as described above, but I've had a difficult time putting the car back into gear once I've blipped the paddles to engage N.

Same for me
Old 04-25-2021, 07:32 PM
Ktweber
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pitocin
2012.5 991S

My car came with the regular steering wheel. I put on the SD wheel and the paddles worked up and down but no shift to neutral with the double pull. The lights on the spokes for sport and sport plus on the wheel worked. A quick stop to the dealer for programming and now double pull to neutral works as advertised.
@pitocin - was the double paddle pull coded in the steering wheel module? I am using x431 for coding and there is mention of two tiptronic codings one is enabled another is not. Trying to figure out if I need to code both to yes or toggle one off and the other on.
Old 02-04-2023, 12:15 PM
mhconley
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 73 Posts

Replying to this old thread. I installed a sport design steering wheel with paddles on my 2013 C2S that originally had the regular steering wheel with the PDK buttons. Pulling both paddles at the same time does not put my car into neutral. I have an Autel MaxiPRO MP808 that I successfully used to reprogram my water temperature gauge to display the correct temperatures. I was hoping someone knows what I need to change to allow me to put the car into neutral by pulling both shift paddles...

There are several Triptronic related variables in the KLSM (Kombi Lenkstockmodul or Steering Column Switch Module) section in PIWIS that look promising:
  • Codierbyte 1 Tiptronic-Funktionalität / Codingbyte 1 Tiptronic functionality
  • Codierbyte 1 Tiptronik / Codingbyte 1 Tiptronik
I guess I can check to see what they are set to and play with changing the values but it would be nice to know so I don't break anything.

Thanks,
Martin

Last edited by mhconley; 02-04-2023 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:53 PM
mhconley
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Lotusnfg
Hi all,
2014 C2S, bought it with the base steering wheel. Bought the sport design wheel from Suncoast, and installed it. Everything worked except the double pull on paddles for neutral. Dealer wanted $200 to re-code. So I said what the hell and bought the Chinese PWIS, and coded it myself, double pull on paddles now engages neutral as it should.
What variable did you change?

Martin
Old 03-07-2023, 10:12 PM
Hans Paik
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lotusnfg
Hi all,
could you give me some detailed how you programmed it with Chinese PWIS, and where you bought?

Quick Reply: 991.1 PDK Paddle Neutral with Sport Design Wheel Swap?