Sponsored by:

I'm sick...think my car is developing "The Stumble"

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 05:58 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I also suspected the ECM learning, so after I reset the ECM with a battery disconnection, I very intentionally drove the car in a completely different manner than I had before. I'm sure my neighbors did not appreciate it. In all situations I kept the transmission in a gear lower than I would have normally. I used the Sport mode the entire time. I accelerated as fast as possible from all stop lights. But even with that, after two weeks it's back to the stumble.

If the old behavior keeps returning after x time period following a reset, would that not imply that the ECU is relearning to compensate for a faulty (not failed) component?

It seems a case of garbage in - garbage out in terms of the data that is being sent to the ECU, perhaps due to faulty parameter caused by a faulty component.

Lots of folks are still on the version 2 of the infamous COV's without any issues, however, many of us have had them fail repeatedly. The same could be true for the culprit when it comes to the stumble...
Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Lawsuit Stumble POV Valves

How has there not been a class action lawsuit on this ? Between the stumble and the known bad POV valves these are things a manufacturer of a 100K plus car should address. There has to be at least 1 lawyer worth his salt who drives a 991 ? The POV valve cost alone on a PDK (thankfully I have a MT with only 6) is well over 1K dollars and with the new part number it would seem to be pretty much a slam dunk as they have admitted the first part was crap.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:00 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
How has there not been a class action lawsuit on this ? Between the stumble and the known bad POV valves these are things a manufacturer of a 100K plus car should address. There has to be at least 1 lawyer worth his salt who drives a 991 ? The POV valve cost alone on a PDK (thankfully I have a MT with only 6) is well over 1K dollars and with the new part number it would seem to be pretty much a slam dunk as they have admitted the first part was crap.
How do you know that is the real reason and that replacing it fixes it for most of the affected cars?
Old 02-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default I have no idea

And I shouldn't have too... it's 100k car that was designed with any inherent flaws and parts that prematurely fail (like I'm a year or 2). In Asia someone'i whole family would be disgraced. The faulty parts should be replaced by the manufacturer. Hell they should issue an apology, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least we dont have an iacoca pinto gas tank.

QUOTE=squid42;14775160]How do you know that is the real reason and that replacing it fixes it for most of the affected cars?[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: I'm sick...think my car is developing "The Stumble"