Oh noooo low coolant!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 03:09 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oh noooo low coolant!!!

Had this today...

Called the 800porsche for roadside assistance and when the tow truck arrived was a normal wheel lift. Driver said uh it's not gonna fit (meaning car is too low). Called back again they said they would send a flatbed to pick up and it would be about an hour and a half wait time. Decided to look around car and under and saw no leaks. After some time and reading up on this fault, decided to drive home (was about 3 blocks away) because I had a ton of stuff to do. When looking under car, engine compartment was cool, not hot like +250 deg kinda hot. Thats what made me decide to drive home.

Something I had read about the PSE exhaust vacuum line or stuck PSE valve or something that caused fault perhaps? Anyways hooked up my Durametric and saw NO FAULTS on engine module.

Decided to re-install the OEM exhaust (AWE installed), before going back to dealer on Monday. After finishing up wanted to check all connections for leaks and security started up car and fault was gone. So strange. Took car around for a drive, did not see any faults. Re-hooked up the Durmetric and still no faults. Also checked fluid level, all good.

Crazy day
Old 06-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

I've had the COV fault numerous times. (Now repaired) My warning was coolant fault, possible to drive on. The temps never went above 194 even through a +100 mile drive. I don't think that's your problem as the gauge is reading +250.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:57 AM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

There is a tsb to replace the tank. Had that done?
Old 06-25-2017, 10:35 AM
Manu51
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I have a 2015 Carrera 4 GTS and had exactly the same error (warning about low coolant and temperature needle at max). Stopped and checked water level: all seemed OK and not specially hot as I had only driven about 6Km from home. Called dealer who said it was OK to continue, the warning was probably due to a faulty sensor in the water tank. After driving along another 10 or so kilometers the warning suddenly disappeared and the temperature gauge was back to normal. In the meantime the sensor has been replaced.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:03 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
There is a tsb to replace the tank. Had that done?
Not yet, will look into it...thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The manual specifically says only to fill if you have received a warning about low coolant, but checking mine back at the engine it reports low (the little red ball is up on 'min'). However I have not received any warning on the display about low coolant.

What are your thoughts on filling it up a little bit so the red ball is in between min and max?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
The manual specifically says only to fill if you have received a warning about low coolant, but checking mine back at the engine it reports low (the little red ball is up on 'min'). However I have not received any warning on the display about low coolant.

What are your thoughts on filling it up a little bit so the red ball is in between min and max?
I am in the exact same situation. My coolant ball is always at min when the engine is cold. Porsche service did a pressure check and said nothing was wrong, and to ignore the ball and only be concerned/fill if you see a warning light.

Quick Reply: Oh noooo low coolant!!!