OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

obviously atlanta, its even raining on the tv screens inside the building
Old 07-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice pics! It's a beautiful facility and a great place to take cars out and see what they can do. When I went it was the first time I got to drive a GT3 which is a crazy car (same goes for the Turbo S). Only down side is their track leaves little margin for error with the guardrails being so close. A Boxster driving in front of me smacked into one pretty hard and bent its rear axle.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:11 PM
PLom
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing these, well done!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:19 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

I live in Atlanta. Just getting into Porsche's (Hoping to purchase one this week). I'll have to visit this place.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:29 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Lovely! I was there in June 2015, shortly after they opened. I wish I knew how frequently and when they rotate their cars on exhibit. I chose the GT3/Turbo option shortly after the GTS was introduced. I was lusting for a GT3 that I had never driven. The PEC helped me make my decision. I ordered the GTS. It is worth it to drive all models you are considering. Your dealer may not have it. For example, my dealer not only did not have a GTS but he had NO MT 991s. I bought a GTS without ever driving a GTS or a MT 991. My dealer has corrected that defect
Old 09-14-2017, 07:06 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to Atlanta to avoid Irma and it finally went up there for me... but I had time to drop by the PEC and do the 90' experience.

I selected a 991.2 S for a change over my 991.1 C4S, and had a great time (specially trying to complete the full "circle" sideways...).

Overall, the track is the less exciting (too short and narrow, even if you pay the extra 50 quid to reduce your liability from 10k to 2k you are really not too comfortable, specially given the traffic and different ability levels of the participants).

However, the rest of the "attractions" are great for a short 90'... I would have stayed an additional hour gladly trying to master the "red carpet", the circle, the low friction circuit, etc.

Sadly, I didn't get to experience the off road track with a Cayenne... but this I had done back in the day in Spain with the older model and it is a blast as well.

The museum, shops, etc. are nice, but not worthy a trip to Atlanta unless you are close by.

As a side note, my impressions on the car I tested:
  • The .2 S feels powerful and planted, and the one I drove had a gorgeous two-tone black / red leather interior which I loved.
  • Sound/thrills-wise, is a much "quieter/softer" experience than the .1, as has been reported ad nauseam in this forum.
I would be definitely very glad with one, if I didn't already own the previous iteration, but I wouldn't consider to "update" from a ".1" to a ".2", specially given the lack of meaningful (for me) updates, the difference in character and the potential future resale value of the NA vs. the FI motors.

BUT, if I found "the perfect build" on a CPO .2 and not in a .1, I would definitely be willing to live with it. And, of course, if I was only considering to buy new (not the case), I would not have second thoughts with a .2, it is still a wonderful car.

Going back to the PEC, before I went there I was considering doing one of their courses, now I am not so sure, I think the track is not the best to learn performance driving...
Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

Tremendous pics............thanks for taking the time to post!!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Been there before but didn't do the simulators. I have an appointment next Friday for a design consultation on my order so I am going early and booked an hour in the sim.
Anyone have feedback on the sim? The info says it may be uncomfortable if you are over 6'2" or 280. I am 6'3" and 215. Hope I will fit ok!
Old 09-15-2017, 12:23 AM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting.

I'll be right by there this weekend. Can you just drop in to see the museum? Or do you have to have an appointment?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:21 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmojom3
Thanks for posting.

I'll be right by there this weekend. Can you just drop in to see the museum? Or do you have to have an appointment?
You need an appointment. The restaurant gets good reviews. You could make a reservation and that would get you in.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:32 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 790 Posts

Great pic's! They definitely capture the feel of the experience. I was there last November and did the mid engine rear engine comparison - Cayman GTS/911s both MT. It was a great way to compare the handling characteristics of the two platforms. While the Cayman did handle fantastically and was fast, the overall feel and power of the 911 just beat it hands down (for me).
**Just a quick comment on a few earlier posts; It's not supposed to be a "racetrack"... to disparage the course as "not this" or "not that" or "too narrow" or what ever, is to miss the point of "the experience". I think the designers of The Experience have done an excellent job of capturing the essence of Porsche - can it be improved? Of course it can - and I'm sure it will be in future iterations! This is the essence of Porsche! BTW, watch how the Porsche "pro" drivers handle the course in a GT3RS... Nice demo!!!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
BTW, watch how the Porsche "pro" drivers handle the course in a GT3RS... Nice demo!!!
Here you go.....from my last visit.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:18 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36RHuIvCUI
Yup, that's pretty much it!... it's funny - the day I was there they had 3 guys that wanted to do the ride along. The first guy got the best ride, as the driver did about 3 or 4 circles on the low friction pad. The second only got 1 around, and by the third guy, thevtires must have been so hot or there was so much rubber on the surface that he could barely get them to break loose...me and my two sons were laughing about how the last guy got ripped off 🤣🤣🤣
Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36RHuIvCUI

Thanks for the video. Was great driving. However, whomever shot the video needs to watch this one before filming again.

Quick Reply: Stopped by PEC Atlanta this afternoon