New GTS First Weekend Drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Justify
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's home!

Originally Posted by Justify
Great information on both the break-in period and that fantastic European drive....I think I will incorporate Val Gardena and the Sella Pass into our trip. Thanks!
Well, finally got my car this week.....really amazing engine and transmission. The ride is amazingly good on our S$&@ Québec roads. Happy about decision to go with MT without having test driven a 991.2 with MT. Super easy to drive smoothly, and then brutal when you want it to be, from low right up to high revs.

Last edited by Justify; 07-30-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:33 PM
feh
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Awesome congrats! One thing I wish, is we could delete the rear seats on the standard Carrera and the GTS.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:48 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Well, finally got my car this week.....really amazing engine and transmission. The ride is amazingly good on our S$&@ Québec roads. Happy about decision to go with MT without having test driven a 991.2 with MT. Super easy to drive smoothly, and then brutal when you want it to be, from low right up to high revs.
Glad you finally got it, enjoy!

I'm a month in and I still can't get enough of it...the GTS is simply amazing.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM
Justify
Track Day

Thanks guys....have a great summer
Old 08-01-2017, 12:10 AM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@Justify - can you post more pictures, mine is going to look just like that and I am getting weary of waiting (Sep 1 delivery)...
Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Justify
Track Day

Default Putting her away for the winter

Used the winter check list from Porsche to get her tucked in for the winter.

Got some nice rubbber gym mats from Fitness Depot and laid them down triplicate under each tire (inflated to 50 PSI)....hopefully no flat spots!

Last edited by Justify; 11-12-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Mis spelling
Old 11-12-2017, 11:36 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Congratulations! Enjoy the new p-car experience.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:23 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts

Why not just get the specific rounded rubber pads that are designed for tire flat spots?

Separately, no idea how you handle not driving your p-cars for months out of the year. I’d crack after the first month!

Got some nice rubbber gym mats from Fitness Depot and laid them down triplicate under each tire (inflated to 50 PSI)....hopefully no flat spots!

Old 11-13-2017, 12:33 AM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

I dont see any snow outside yet.

Need to take it out again and get the fluids moving...
Old 11-13-2017, 02:32 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 85 Posts

Why you’re not driving it? Puzzles me..

I drive mine year round..and would do the same if we have snow in winters..
Old 11-13-2017, 08:08 AM
linusto
Instructor

This would be a very difficult thing for me to do. I put away my MX-5 for the winter, but there’s no way I can put my GTS away. When I go a few days without driving her, I get the uncontrollable itch to go out and drive... even without a destination in mind. So I just put some snows on and will enjoy winter driving.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:31 AM
Justify
Track Day

Default Hibernation

Originally Posted by linusto
This would be a very difficult thing for me to do. I put away my MX-5 for the winter, but there’s no way I can put my GTS away. When I go a few days without driving her, I get the uncontrollable itch to go out and drive... even without a destination in mind. So I just put some snows on and will enjoy winter driving.

Agreed, it pained me to put car away. My Subaru Crosstrek doesn’t quite do the same.

Even with snow tires on, major issue here is horrible state of Quebec roads...snow covered potholes would destroy my rims within days. Especially with the Centre-lock rims, I would have been stuck with 20” winters with rubber band side-walls.

I’ll have to sign up for some winter driving at Camp 4!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:43 AM
linusto
Instructor

Agreed, it pained me to put car away. My Subaru Crosstrek doesn’t quite do the same.

Even with snow tires on, major issue here is horrible state of Quebec roads...snow covered potholes would destroy my rims within days. Especially with the Centre-lock rims, I would have been stuck with 20” winters with rubber band side-walls.

I’ll have to sign up for some winter driving at Camp 4!
I didn’t realize Quebec roads were that bad. I’ll see how my GTS with centrelocks fares in the GTA. I don’t have N spec winter tires, but they are winters nonetheless and the right size for the centrelocks (the rear 305s being very difficult to accommodate). Crossing my fingers.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Justify
Track Day

Originally Posted by linusto
I didn’t realize Quebec roads were that bad. I’ll see how my GTS with centrelocks fares in the GTA. I don’t have N spec winter tires, but they are winters nonetheless and the right size for the centrelocks (the rear 305s being very difficult to accommodate). Crossing my fingers.
Yeah....I’m from the GTA originally, major difference in road quality here.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 473 Likes on 321 Posts

Just took delivery of my C2GTS a few days ago and I'm trying to get a few miles on it before it gets to cold and/or snowy and I have to put it to sleep for a few months. My question to you is: why the blue tarp under your car and why are you tying it up over the wheels?? Also, I assume the wires going under the cover are for a battery tender. Do you plug this into a 12V outlet in the cabin?

Quick Reply: New GTS First Weekend Drive