Sponsored by:

Color confusion on 991.2 gts

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 11:47 PM
argyleCali
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Color confusion on 991.2 gts

Initially, I thought I'd go with Miami blue. But didn't like it that much in person. So now I'm fixed on Carmine red but totally confused on the interior. What color interior do you think goes with carmine red exterior? I definitely don't want to go with black/beige.

Graphite blue with red stitching or black+bordeaux are the two colors I'm comparing right now. Totally confused because ideally black/beige would be the colors for red exterior.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm confused why you say black/beige is ideal but don't want it.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:01 AM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind alcantara go with GTS interior package. Best bang for your buck. It was my 2nd choice but I wanted full leather as it's a daily driver for me. You could go black with red stiching, dials, belts, even seat centre in red. (Less red than the black and Bordeaux) just my 2 cents.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:05 AM
argyleCali
Advanced

From all the examples I've taken a look online, almost all of them had either black or beige interior with red exterior. Also, with red exterior, I felt black and beige suit well. But I don't like either personally. Black is too dark and beige is too boring. It could be all be just in my head though.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:07 AM
argyleCali
Advanced

Yeah, I tried that.. but jacked up the price pretty quickly Maybe that's what I need to do after all.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 AM
argyleCali
Advanced

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
If you don't mind alcantara go with GTS interior package. Best bang for your buck. It was my 2nd choice but I wanted full leather as it's a daily driver for me. You could go black with red stiching, dials, belts, even seat centre in red. (Less red than the black and Bordeaux) just my 2 cents.
Yeah, I tried that.. but jacked up the price pretty quickly Maybe that's what I need to do after all.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:53 AM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a buddy who did GTS package with sport plus seats if you're trying to stick to a budget.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:06 AM
dominoedge
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go just standard black with a flashier color on the exterior
Old 06-09-2017, 05:38 AM
Ed911.2
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I spent a long time on the configurator, comparing the samples in the dealer and looking at actual cars in different lighting conditions. It was the mother of all first-world problems.

I liked the Miami Blue as it really popped in sunshine and gave the car road presence but it was difficult to match any other interior than black. I’d already decided that I wanted the car to feel “special” when I was sat in it and black everything inside didn’t really do it for me. The basic solid colours were OK but gave a similar feeling. The more exotic Lava Orange, etc. didn’t sit easy, either.

In the end I looked at what the GTS gave me to start with and that was black wheels, silver brake discs, red callipers, black exhausts, red rear light bar and black-tinted lights. There was kind of a theme developing so I tried to match/accentuate what was already there and came up with GT Silver outside and Black/Bordeaux inside with matching belts. It feels classic Porsche but with a warmth to the interior that makes it a really nice place to sit.

My favourite was a car in Fashion Grey but as PTS that added months to the waiting time. I note that Crayon in now available in the selection on the configurator and that’s quite similar, haven’t seen one in the flesh though.

In the end I printed out all my short list and laid them out on a table, going for the above-mentioned GT/Black/Bordeaux in the end, which now I have the car I’m very pleased with. Hope you end up with what you want!
Old 06-09-2017, 08:57 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Check out this video I made for someone else. Guards Red and Beige/Black interior.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:12 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

I ordered a Carmine Red Targa GTS but I went with GTS Alacantara interior in Carmine Red. It is expensive, but whenever I see a 911 with better options I always kick myself not getting them (like leather steering column cover, too late! Or RWS, which I thought was useless until I went on the track and had my buddy in his Turbo S beat me in the corners with it). Carmine Red GTS interior can go with Carmine Red, Silver or Black exterior, If you want to do Graphite Blue I would go with the GTS Silver Interior option. I don't think red interior trim goes with Blue, unless you are Superman.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:26 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by argyleCali
Initially, I thought I'd go with Miami blue. But didn't like it that much in person. So now I'm fixed on Carmine red but totally confused on the interior. What color interior do you think goes with carmine red exterior? I definitely don't want to go with black/beige.

Graphite blue with red stitching or black+bordeaux are the two colors I'm comparing right now. Totally confused because ideally black/beige would be the colors for red exterior.

Originally Posted by KenTO
........Carmine Red GTS interior can go with Carmine Red, Silver or Black exterior, If you want to do Graphite Blue I would go with the GTS Silver Interior option. I don't think red interior trim goes with Blue, unless you are Superman.

Maybe I'm reading the OP wrong (quite honestly I hope that is the case). But I believe he is considering a Graphite Blue interior with red stitching in a Carmine Red exterior........as I said I hope I am incorrect as that would look horrendous.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:17 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
If you don't mind alcantara go with GTS interior package. Best bang for your buck. You could go black with red stiching, dials, belts,
Originally Posted by KenTO
I ordered a Carmine Red Targa GTS but I went with GTS Alacantara interior in Carmine Red. Carmine Red GTS interior can go with Carmine Red, Silver or Black exterior
I have to echo these two gentlemen. I had a GTS with GT SIlver over Garnet Red/black interior and love it. I now have Carmine Red over the alcantara, with full leather (black) dash, red stitching, red belts, and a red GT4 stitched in the headrest. I love it. That combination was my second choice for the 2015 GTS I ordered but I finally ruled it out because ventilated seats are valuable in ATL. But now that I have it I love it as much as I thought I would (still wish the seats were vented.)

IMO, Carmine can only be used with two choices of interior:

a) Full black
b) Black with red accents (stitching, belts, dials) as XLOR8 points out. Mine also has Carmine-painted interior pieces (both doors, across the dash and around the console that the shifter sits in.) I like it fine but would have never ordered it -- the stitching is plenty, IMO.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:45 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I'm onboard with NoGaBiker. I was reading through and was thinking of recommending the black interior with deviated red stitching and belts to liven it up a bit. The photo just posted above is damned nice though! And the great thing with black is you don't have to worry about carpet smudges and color transfer problems from cotton clothing (jeans especially!), an ongoing battle we have with my wife's Lexus and its beige seating.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:49 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Last edited by bwiele; 06-10-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Added second picture

Quick Reply: Color confusion on 991.2 gts