Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So... How long until your first ticket in your 911?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I live in horse country Pa. Fantastic twistie roads to really test the grip and driving pleasure of these cars. I try to stay away from the law and they reciprocate.
Driving + 100 mph on a highway is not my idea of what these cars were built for. Why invite trouble.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Plimpington2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Driving + 100 mph on a highway is not my idea of what these cars were built for. Why invite trouble.

Agreed. But that's where I have the daily opportunity to hear the engine, and feel the torque against my back . . .and also to hear the engine. Did I mention the sound the engine makes?

Judd
Old 06-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I live in horse country Pa. Fantastic twistie roads to really test the grip and driving pleasure of these cars. I try to stay away from the law and they reciprocate.
Where is horse country in PA? Lancaster?

I agree, PA twenties are the best. My first sports car was a Fiat Spider at 18, and along with my friend in his Alpine, we cruised the twisties in Lycoming, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, and a few other counties. Beautiful roads, but you always need to pay attention to wild animals on the road.

My last ticket wasn't in my Porsche. I was on a long trip in my BMW and was gunned from behind in St. Louis, 65 in a 55. I was following traffic.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:16 PM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy

I agree, PA twenties are the best. My first sports car was a Fiat Spider at 18, and along with my friend in his Alpine, we cruised the twisties in Lycoming, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, and a few other counties. Beautiful roads, but you always need to pay attention to wild animals on the road.

My last ticket wasn't in my Porsche. I was on a long trip in my BMW and was gunned from behind in St. Louis, 65 in a 55. I was following traffic.
I grew up in Potter County. The roads are great for driving but the local law enforcement are quite rigid. I've been driving Porsches for 32 years now and got only one ticket in one, my 2002 C4S. It was my last speeding ticket. July 2002 I got tagged for 114 in a 65. I was pushing 120 but they wrote me up for 114. 39 over. 2 points and $147 fine. They got me from a plane on a flat straight road in the middle of the afternoon with no traffic and sunny weather. I was very happy with the points and the fine. It was up to the officer's discretion for add-ons like reckless operation. I had so many tickets early on it appeared I was trying to get one in each of the original thirteen colonies. I am a much more responsible driver now.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I was driving along a regular arterial street once, light went yellow so I applied full throttle, inadvertantly activated the idiotic kickdown on the stupid pdk transmission, accidentally went through the intersection about 2 seconds later at triple digits. Thankfully no cops around. Also I can't wait to go back to a manual.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:39 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

I was pulled over for the first time in a Porsche on the way home from the dealership!

1998, brand new Boxster. Cop gave me a warning as I recall.

I remember thinking this did not bode well.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:05 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been using the V1 for 17 years and have had only one ticket. The V1 has saved me from numerous, numerous other citations. False K alarms, from Cadillacs especially and other cars, were becoming a major problem so I bought the new V1 this fall when I got my 991.2. The new unit filters out most false alarms quite well. When I get a Ka alarm I really dial it back because it invariably means a cop is nearby. No laser in my area as of yet, but I am worried that this may become more prevalent.

I try to drive within reason but the 991.2 is so fast that you are up to 80-90 mph and more on the highway before you know it. The car is just so much fun that its impossible for me at least not to push it at times.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:56 PM
911_FTW
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked the car up at 16H30 and had a ticket at 16H45
Old 06-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Ira Blumberg
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryC4S
I grew up in Potter County. The roads are great for driving but the local law enforcement are quite rigid. I've been driving Porsches for 32 years now and got only one ticket in one, my 2002 C4S. It was my last speeding ticket. July 2002 I got tagged for 114 in a 65. I was pushing 120 but they wrote me up for 114. 39 over. 2 points and $147 fine. They got me from a plane on a flat straight road in the middle of the afternoon with no traffic and sunny weather. I was very happy with the points and the fine. It was up to the officer's discretion for add-ons like reckless operation. I had so many tickets early on it appeared I was trying to get one in each of the original thirteen colonies. I am a much more responsible driver now.

Wow! In most states the end of that story would read something like, ". . . and after 30 days in jail, I was able to retrieve my car from impound."
Old 06-12-2017, 05:59 PM
pashaj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ira Blumberg
Wow! In most states the end of that story would read something like, ". . . and after 30 days in jail, I was able to retrieve my car from impound."
Yeah, that was VERY lenient. I once went 79 in a 40 zone (on the FDR southbound...cop was at Houston St ramp for those who know). I think I got 8 points and $400 or so in fine. Fought it with a lawyer, who delayed it for the 18 months so it wasn't on my record. It was my first day with my BMW after driving a Volvo for some 4-5 years.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

It is fun to go fast. I have been very fast on the Autobahn, very fast. But in PA, I love the back roads and the tight turns through the mountains. There is a lovely state road that goes from Lock Haven called the Coudersport Pike, 644 to 44. I take that once a summer to go up to NY for a cheese run - Cuba Cheese. That's a fun drive through a lot of state forest and hope to make that drive soon.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:27 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911_FTW
I picked the car up at 16H30 and had a ticket at 16H45

That's impressive!
Old 06-13-2017, 12:50 AM
Joenyc
Instructor

Originally Posted by pashaj
Yeah, that was VERY lenient. I once went 79 in a 40 zone (on the FDR southbound...cop was at Houston St ramp for those who know). I think I got 8 points and $400 or so in fine. Fought it with a lawyer, who delayed it for the 18 months so it wasn't on my record. It was my first day with my BMW after driving a Volvo for some 4-5 years.
FDR isn the best roads for speeding. Those potholes!
Old 06-13-2017, 03:04 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Plimpington2
Agreed. But that's where I have the daily opportunity to hear the engine, and feel the torque against my back . . .and also to hear the engine. Did I mention the sound the engine makes?

Judd
I have Kline Iconel exhaust screaming behind my head on the winding road and down shifts. I love the noise too just not the attention.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:08 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy

Im in Kennett Square. My daily commute is to West Grove / Jennersville. All beautiful back roads. Some great driving roads all arohnd there and can still slip into West Chester in 10 munutes for dinner.

Quick Reply: So... How long until your first ticket in your 911?