Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of GTS deliveries showing up

Old 05-31-2017, 05:54 PM
Ira Blumberg
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lots of GTS deliveries showing up

I see that several members have posted recently about GTS deliveries. I pick up mine at the PEC in Atlanta in 2 weeks. I am quite excited. I ordered a C4GTS as I plan to drive year round and I may be moving to a more snow filled climate next year.

I was focused on getting the highest level of performance possible, so I ordered all the performance options and omitted as many "luxury" options as possible to reduce weight.

Here is my build code for those interested, PHEEPLQ3. Note that this is a 2017, so the configurator will insist that you update it to a 2018 which increases the price, but I think it leaves the equipment as is.

I'm very excited and only a bit frustrated that the car has been in Atlanta for 2 weeks already but I can't get it early as June 15 was the first open PEC date.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:03 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ira Blumberg
I see that several members have posted recently about GTS deliveries. I pick up mine at the PEC in Atlanta in 2 weeks. I am quite excited. I ordered a C4GTS as I plan to drive year round and I may be moving to a more snow filled climate next year.

I was focused on getting the highest level of performance possible, so I ordered all the performance options and omitted as many "luxury" options as possible to reduce weight.

Here is my build code for those interested, PHEEPLQ3. Note that this is a 2017, so the configurator will insist that you update it to a 2018 which increases the price, but I think it leaves the equipment as is.

I'm very excited and only a bit frustrated that the car has been in Atlanta for 2 weeks already but I can't get it early as June 15 was the first open PEC date.

Awesome build! Ok so I'm a bit biased as I have a GT Silver GTS4 on order. The wait is excruciating. Mine was pushed back to September from August. Please post lots of pics when your car arrives!
Old 05-31-2017, 06:16 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 117 Posts

LOL, I'm waaaaaay too impatient to wait for a PEC delivery. I tried to get my dealer to arrange for me to pick it up at port in Brunswick (we have a house in nearby St. Simons Island) and just drive it up for the dealer prep in Atlanta. No go. I could have never waited, knowing it was on the ground and waiting for me. And that's with a 997 Turbo in the garage at the time.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 227 Posts

They won't let you pick it up from the port because it ships with defeat software activated that limits speed. Windshield wipers and floor mats aren't installed either and it will be covered in all sorts of protective wrap. That's why the dealer has to receive it. Once it arrives at your dealer, it could take a day or so depending on workload so be ready to have the car in town and not be able to drive it. They should let you know when it is being delivered and you can be there to watch it unload, etc. Enjoy and congrats!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:54 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
They won't let you pick it up from the port because it ships with defeat software activated that limits speed. Windshield wipers and floor mats aren't installed either and it will be covered in all sorts of protective wrap. That's why the dealer has to receive it. Once it arrives at your dealer, it could take a day or so depending on workload so be ready to have the car in town and not be able to drive it. They should let you know when it is being delivered and you can be there to watch it unload, etc. Enjoy and congrats!
Yeah, I knew all that -- was just kidding about picking up at port (though I did jokingly tell my SA to ask.) And this is a historical event -- mine came in April 2015. Only took 8 weeks from order day to drive away day. Really not bad. Glad we're so close to port in ATL. I ordered a Wrangler right before the 911 and it took 6 weeks exactly from order day till drive away. And that's only coming on a truck down from Toledo.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 227 Posts

Very good! I do wish they could engage the defeat software...I'm about to ship two of my cars to the USA and would sure like to have them limit the speed for shipping.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:10 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry, in the old days this did not apply. I flew to Stuttgart to pick up my 1995 993. I drove it around Europe and returned it to the factory after a few weeks. I had to get back to a professional obligation in Budapest. They prepped it and sent it to the port. On the boat, though it was tied down, it shifted on the Atlantic and killed the left rear quarter panel. I was informed by PCNA. I told them that I would not accept the car until I could inspect it at the port of delivery, Charleston in those days. I told PCNA that I would fly to Charleston at my expense and examine the car. They picked me up at the airport and took me to their receiving/repair facility next door to the airport. They left me alone to examine the car. After a thorough examination, I was in love (I missed my 1989 Targa). The new deliverey cars around me were lovely. My car was, as well. I drove it home and owned it for 18 years. One of the SAs that sold me a 991 later, owns it and I go to look at it frequently. I have tried to buy it back with no luck. Love your GTS! I miss my 993.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

^^^ Yes, picking up the car at port as a matter of course used to be something that could be arranged. I never did it but had numerous "oldertimers" tell me about it.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

3 for sale in Champion and 3 in Porsche West Broward.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:01 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

The experience of ED in Stuttgart and that in Charleston were both exciting. I AM an "OLDTIMER" so I appreciate the input. Thanks NoGaBiker! I lived at North Druid Hills and Briarcliff while a postdoctoral fellow at Emory Medical School.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:16 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by freeman
Thanks NoGaBiker! I lived at North Druid Hills and Briarcliff while a postdoctoral fellow at Emory Medical School.
We're building a house and our architect is located a couple blocks from there on Briarcliff, so I'm there every week.

In fact, I was dating my wife in 1983 and she lived in the big apt. complex on Briarcliff, right at ND Hills. Any chance you were there at that time?
Old 06-01-2017, 04:31 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, we lived there in the same complex from 1970-1972. I then moved to the faculty at Florida State University in 1972. I bought my first Porsche (914, 2l) at the local dealership and have enjoyed each of the others through my current 2015 991 GTS. Love it! I hope you have the same fond memories of that apartment complex as we had. We married and then moved in.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:19 AM
richardohtx
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my c2 gts 2 days ago. The car is beyond amazing. The power and torque are blowing my mind.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:03 PM
DMOZ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my manual c2 GTS in April. One of the first GTS 991.2s to hit US soil, I believe. Have had some amazing drives, the torque availability is really incredible. Here's a recent pic with some friends in the area.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lots of GTS deliveries showing up