Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   FS: Vossen // Work Wheels for 991.2 (for factory tires) (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/990870-fs-vossen-work-wheels-for-991-2-for-factory-tires.html)

rijowysock 05-17-2017 11:30 PM

FS: Vossen // Work Wheels for 991.2 (for factory tires)

12 Attachment(s)
sold my 991.2, the custom wheels i ordered for it when i bought car just arrived..
they are Vossen // Work Wheels collaboration, forged multipiece wheels..
(matte black centers with special order bronze anodized lips)

made exactly to fit 991.2 and re-use factory tires..

Price is exactly what i owe on them after Deposit (Wheels were $4510+ship).. $2400+Ship

unused, brand new, ready to ship from Vossen directly to your door.

riley
rijowysock@gmail.com

i'm sure the post will be interesting when STG pops in to start fun banter...

rijowysock 05-17-2017 11:31 PM

take note, offset from 991.1 to 991.2 changed slightly, these wheels will fit 991.1 but would be more flush than on 991.2, they were ordered to fit stock height or lowered on 991.2

Alec Syme 05-17-2017 11:41 PM

Well I'm a complete wheel whore. These would look awesome on my black car. So, I don't get it though. You said you received them but somehow they're going to be shipped from Vossen? And you want $2400?

Thanks
Alec

mikex25 05-18-2017 12:40 AM

I would strongly consider these but with the rear offset was a bit more aggressive, stock is ET 76

mikex25 05-18-2017 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Alec Syme (Post 14192987)
Well I'm a complete wheel whore. These would look awesome on my black car. So, I don't get it though. You said you received them but somehow they're going to be shipped from Vossen? And you want $2400?

Thanks
Alec

i think he means we pay off the rest of the balance to Vossen + shipping and they ship it directly to us.

Johnny5Alive 05-18-2017 03:49 AM

Curious... would these fit a 991.1 C4S?

Slantnose! 05-18-2017 07:32 AM

cool wheels...GLWS!

rijowysock 05-18-2017 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alec Syme (Post 14192987)

Thanks
Alec

Originally Posted by mikex25 (Post 14193130)
i think he means we pay off the rest of the balance to Vossen + shipping and they ship it directly to us.

arrived to vossen from japan, i owe $2400 more and they'll ship direct to you..

rijowysock 05-18-2017 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by mikex25 (Post 14193128)
I would strongly consider these but with the rear offset was a bit more aggressive, stock is ET 76

991.1=
8.5+51
11.5+70

991.2=
8.5+49
11.5+76

they were ordered as such because the rears for on 991.2 are already very flush, if someone wanted more aggressive/camber can add spacers with ease. the fronts on both vehicles are "sunk in" so dropped offset to account for that so they match the position of the rears in comparison to the fender.

kwikit356 05-18-2017 02:52 PM

Beautiful wheels, as long as you have somebody on-staff whose primary job is to keep them clean, unless, of course, you have the nice yellow brake caliper set-up.

Me, I count the spokes on each wheel, multiply X 4, then do a hand-insertion trial between the spokes (which is kinda like the money factor in a car lease) to decide the level of difficulty/hassle on a scale of 1.0 to 10.0- higher the number the worse it is, and finally I multiply by the total number of spokes on all 4 wheels, subtract 4 from that total (because each wheel has 1 fewer holes for your hand than spokes), yielding a total score. That score is one very serious component in my overall decision about whether or not I have any interest in a particular wheel. Naturally, there are some outlier wheels that this scoring system fails to account for, such as some of the older BBS wheels where the holes were so tiny you would not even have to bother much with cleaning them.

The score for the above wheel would be for me: 20 x 4 x 7.8 x 76 = 47,424 I try not to think of this when I see gorgeous wheels, but I know how OCD I am about cleaning them when I finally cannot stand the way they look. This gets a little complicated, because I have to be on my knee pad to get enough leverage to do the job, then after being stuck in that position for a while, I have to think about how much it's going to hurt my back and knees when I have to make an attempt to get up. Sometimes it's better to just roll over from the kneeling position and lie on my back looking at the wonderful wheel I've just cleaned. If I've done all the correct calculations, I will be lying in the shade (remember, the wheel I just cleaned should have been in the shade), so depending on how badly I want to crack a cold one, I may throw a towel behind my head and take a little nappie.

I know, it must be obvious, I have more than enough time to clean wheels, no matter the difficulty. I just hate doing the same thing over and over, like that old saw about painting the Golden Gate Bridge. And, if any of you have read this far, I would like to mention that I had to change my brake pads before the first track day this season- it was close, and I know I'd have been okay, but the tech inspectors might have frowned. Anyway, no nearby Porsche dealers had the 991.1 GTS Porsche brake pads in stock, so I had to go with aftermarket Textar pads (and I think Textar makes pads for Porsche!). The pads were okay, but in many respects not as good as even the original Porsche pads. However, they are very soft and rotor-friendly, meaning both sides of my car are now nearly brown from brake dust. They even did a great job coating the wheel wells, suspension components, and the side mufflers. So, I had to jack the car up 4 times to hang the wheels down far enough to clean everything behind them. Textar pads not particularly expensive ($298 for all four wheels, not including new sensors).

My plan: use the original black CL wheels with Michelin Cup 2's, with more appropriate F & R brake pads for track use, then get a good set of HRE or Forgeline easier-to-clean wheels with MP4S tires and very low-dust brake pads for regular road use. It's a lot of work to do all this changing between road and track driving, but then I clearly have the time. And the perks are many naps and cold ones.

Please note that I am an irascible old cantankerous curmudgeon, so feel free to ignore the above.

spiderv6 05-18-2017 05:32 PM

That's what they call over-thinking it, right?

911seeker 05-18-2017 06:12 PM

those are great looking! GLWS

Mark-991.2 05-18-2017 06:55 PM

Beautiful wheels!!
They remind me of the RS Spyders on my 991.2.
That is a fantastic price!
Someone should jump on these.
GLWS :-)

rijowysock 05-18-2017 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mark-991.2 (Post 14194902)
Beautiful wheels!!
They remind me of the RS Spyders on my 991.2.
That is a fantastic price!
Someone should jump on these.
GLWS :-)

thank you, i assume i could ask a little more.. but i have zero use for them...

rijowysock 05-19-2017 06:26 PM

still available. a few people interested

email me for quickest reply,

riley
rijowysock@gmail.com