Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official : My 2018 GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:31 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats! You will have an awesome GTS. Are you sure you don't want Sport PASM?

Also something to consider - rear wiper? I love the look. Reminds me of the older 911's especially the 993.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:38 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The Sport Design mirrors will still fold, just not powered - you have to fold them manually. My sales person clarified that for me, so I stayed with the Sport Design ones because they look much better to me.

Sorry to hear the feedback about the carbon fiber steering wheel not holding up well. My 991.2 Targa 4 GTS has arrived at the port in Rhode Island this week, waiting for it to get to the dealer. I put the carbon fiber wheel in for 3 reasons: 1. I selected the carbon fiber interior package, including carbon fiber door sills, so the wheel would complete the package, 2. I was concerned about how the Alcantara steering wheel would hold up over time (I had one in a prior 911 and it didn't wear very well), and 3. I previously had a Ferrari 360, which didn't have a carbon fiber wheel, but many F-cars do, I always kinda wanted one. So now I'll have one. Hope it will wear better than advertised.

It's Targa weather all of a sudden in the northeast. Sure hope my car arrives soon!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:49 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
It is VERY rare that the configurator would show such a gross mistake FYI. Not impossible but very unlikely. However, either looks great!
The configurator has been doing some wacky things recently (like making the gear selector disappear), but in this case it looks accurate: I think the base of the mirror is black for the GTS for both the power folding mirrors and the sport design mirrors. This seems consistent with the blacked out look of the GTS. My C4S has the base painted to match - and there was no special option selected to make that happen - but if you want the base of the mirror to match, then it looks like you pay $650 more to paint the power folding mirror base on the GTS. There doesn't appear to be a similar option for the sport design mirrors.

Sorry if I generated confusion.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
The configurator has been doing some wacky things recently (like making the gear selector disappear), but in this case it looks accurate: I think the base of the mirror is black for the GTS for both the power folding mirrors and the sport design mirrors. This seems consistent with the blacked out look of the GTS. My C4S has the base painted to match - and there was no special option selected to make that happen - but if you want the base of the mirror to match, then it looks like you pay $650 more to paint the power folding mirror base on the GTS. There doesn't appear to be a similar option for the sport design mirrors.

Sorry if I generated confusion.
They have definitely been having issues for sure!!! But I'm 99 percent that the base set comes with the support in black and the top body colored. On mine, I specced the carbon fiber mirror and they come with painted (body color) lowers (which honestly I'd rather have be all black!). Btw, love your 4S!
Old 05-18-2017, 01:57 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts

RAS
Fire Extinguisher
Old 05-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 218 Posts

Extinguiser always got in my girls way. Always. BItchn haha. Went w the sport mirrors tho
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
Thanks guys! Haha yea i tend to worry a lot actually. Esp when Im paying all this money. Just torn on the steering wheel. Hmmm

Edit: buddy of mine works @ Porsche. Said the CF wheels are crap. Crack/scratch easy and slippery. Made my decision. Def excited tho. Just gotta wait AGAIN. So what kinda free **** should I try to wiggle out of them?
Scratch or crack easily?

My CF wheel looks brand new after 17k miles...
Old 05-18-2017, 03:57 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 49 Posts

Ok guys. So I went for it. Was hesitant at first but learning from my other thread you guys convinced me.

Early-Mid August Delivery

Have till Friday before its locked in.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKTR5X8

Couple questions for you guys.

1. Will I have daytime running LED's like my GT4? Did notice the 4point option in the headlights( have to pick that option to get them ?)

2. The two steering wheels w heat. The GT one or the Carbon Fibre one? Not getting any CF inside the car but damn that wheel looks nice.

Thoughts guys? Any help as well. Thanks again. Im excited
I don't believe #1 ever was answered, and the answer is that your DRLs will not be like the GT4 or the 991.1. I actually prefer the look of those but you can't get that on the 991.2. With the xenons you've specced, you will have 4 little dots in a small cluster right around the headlight projector/lense. If you upgrade to the LEDs, the 4 points will be around the edge of the headlight assembly and sort of light up the entire edge/bezel. I think that's the better look of the two but that's just my opinion. I don't think it's even possible to code DRLs to run like the 991.1 and that to me would look best. Oh well.

I agree with the other suggestions to go with the regular GT steering wheel, lose the folding mirrors (sport mirrors look much better to me), and go with silver belts...
Old 05-18-2017, 05:03 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GTS order ideas

I'll chime in based on 2 years in my 2015 GTS...

lose the 18 ways, too heavy /complicated - you won't end up using all the adjustments and Sport Plus seats are lighter, cheaper and just as comfortable

get the GTS interior package - it's worth every dollar and makes the interior a much more special place. Plus the seats belts already have a silver or red stripe on each side, which looks way better than solid red or silver seat belts. Accent stitching in red or silver looks better than black stitching on black leather in a turbo.

You also get carbon trim, imho another huge improvement over painted or metal trim. Painted trim, not a fan - paint belongs on the outside of the car.

white gauges - okay but they show every warning icon in outlined black against the white faces, makes the gauges quite a bit busier.

Love my centerlock Turbo wheels, but the Carrera S wheel in satin black is gorgeous with simpler 5 bolts...

Leather steering wheel and shifter for sure - carbon wheel is just tacky.

Sunroof - had one before, don't miss it now. Car profile looks better with fully painted roof, more solid structure, no rattles (oh, they rattle) Spend the money from losing the 18-ways and sunroof on the GTS interior package were you will be spending your time

make sure you have autodimming mirrors and sport design mirrors

painted side skirts really lower the look of the car...

Good luck with your build!
Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 782 Likes on 345 Posts

I just pulled the trigger on my .2 GTS. Here is what I did.

Base Price 911 Carrera GTS
Exterior Color
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black incl. Alcantara® GTS Package in Carmine Red
Exterior
"PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation Painted Exclusive
-Black
Porsche Entry & Drive
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
SportDesign Package Exclusive

Side Skirts Painted Exclusive
SportDesign Exterior Mirrors incl. Upper Housing in Carbon Fiber Exclusive
Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension (20 mm Lower)
Rear Axle Steering
Wheels
20" Carrera S Wheels
Interior
GTS Interior Package
GT Sport Steering Wheel
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
Smoking Package
Interior Carbon Fiber
Gear Selector in Carbon Fiber Exclusive
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber Exclusive
Interior Aluminum
Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum Exclusive
Audio and Communications
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Old 05-18-2017, 06:22 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the wiper too.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by texascarlover
I just pulled the trigger on my .2 GTS. Here is what I did.

Base Price 911 Carrera GTS
Exterior Color
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black incl. Alcantara® GTS Package in Carmine Red
Exterior
"PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation Painted Exclusive
-Black
Porsche Entry & Drive
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
SportDesign Package Exclusive

Side Skirts Painted Exclusive
SportDesign Exterior Mirrors incl. Upper Housing in Carbon Fiber Exclusive
Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension (20 mm Lower)
Rear Axle Steering
Wheels
20" Carrera S Wheels
Interior
GTS Interior Package
GT Sport Steering Wheel
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
Smoking Package
Interior Carbon Fiber
Gear Selector in Carbon Fiber Exclusive
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber Exclusive
Interior Aluminum
Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum Exclusive
Audio and Communications
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Very nice! Almost went w Rhodium.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:09 AM
c4sss
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys. So I went for it. Was hesitant at first but learning from my other thread you guys convinced me.

Early-Mid August Delivery

Have till Friday before its locked in.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKTR5X8

Couple questions for you guys.

1. Will I have daytime running LED's like my GT4? Did notice the 4point option in the headlights( have to pick that option to get them ?)

2. The two steering wheels w heat. The GT one or the Carbon Fibre one? Not getting any CF inside the car but damn that wheel looks nice.

Thoughts guys? Any help as well. Thanks again. Im excited
You've selected Standard PASM so your car will only be 10mm lower as opposed to the sportier 20mm that comes standard in the GTS. Is that what you want? My SA pointed this out on my build and I changed it, luckily in time for Friday's lock.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Wow good look! Im literally sitting here about to sign

Name:  8E4810EC-9130-4055-A306-BE9301B4E702_zpsr9lqk2jm.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  110.0 KB

Last edited by Scottykenneth; 05-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:09 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow good look! Im literally sitting here about to sign

Do it, do it, do it!

Quick Reply: Official : My 2018 GTS Build