991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2- what comes with a new build

Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

I couldn't disagree with you more. a 911 is a real design beauty. The lines of the car are awesome. It embodies speed and sleekness. It always looks like it is going faster than it is. The car has stayed basically true to its design since its conception and the porsche engineers have brilliantly updated it over the years.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
YES - my single friends don't understand and think getting one will attract girls... I'm happily married but way more comments and attention from women in my Jag XKR... I get about the same attention in the 911 but from guys. Since I have a cab I'll clarify - gearhead car guys.

A 911 is not an attractive car. It has the kind of looks "only a mother could love." Guys like it because of the engineering and heritage. It is pure bloodline [up to 991.2]

Consequently the sole time my wife drove my car her comment was "meh, i don't get it. Your last car was fast and had power but this just feels slow. Other than being a Porsche, what made you get this?" She kept it under 3500 rpm and drove uptown... She's like the .2 waaaaay better. Again - only guys like to work for high revvs.

(kidding about the last comment)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
They are going to try to sell you add ons. Don't be surprised.....maintenance plans, tire replacement etc. You should be armed with information and advice before you pick it up.

You can get some freebies. Ask for clear side markers or perhaps a free pass to PEC Atlanta/LA.
What add ons are worth buying? I am picking up this weekend or next.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:08 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,139 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by JawJuh
What add ons are worth buying? I am picking up this weekend or next.

I don't think any of them are worth it to me. I never get them. Others will chime in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2- what comes with a new build