Sponsored by:

Parting ways with Kline Inconel exhaust for 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:57 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Parting ways with Kline Inconel exhaust for 991.1

Well, I never thought I'd be writing this! The Kline has been great for all the reasons I described when I first received and reviewed it, and I have nothing but good things to say about Felix and the company as a whole, but things change and I am pretty much decided on going back to stock.

The things that have changed are as follows

1) I may love the sound of a 911 with a full system, but Mrs Rat does not. Specifically on long journeys the exhaust is somewhat audible purring away in the background. To me that's just the sound of a high-performance car, but it bugs her and she has started wanting us to take her her on long road trips, which I would prefer not to do. She also points out correctly that

2) I've just spent a small fortune putting a high-end stereo into the car and a quieter exhaust would mean we got to hear that better.

Also 3) It's a small reason, this, but I volunteer as a blood courier some nights, which involves starting the car in the small hours. A bit less bark would have my neighbours thanking me.

So there we have it. A sad day, but life is about compromise sometimes and Mrs R is pretty awesome about indulging my vehicle obsession so I'm going to let her win on this one.

What this means is there's an opportunity to buy a lightly used (under 2,000 miles) Kline Inconel catback for a 991.1 S/GTS for a good chunk less than it would cost new. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:14 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Have you considered adding valves? My ipe gets loud but you have to be on it for the volume.

id be interested but shipping to the US would negate any real deal. If you fire sale it let me know... I've already got a Lin exhaust and would be interested in testing it but only at a very low cost.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:47 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to make an offer without knowing how the thing sounds. Here's a decent run down my 'reference' road:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6uf...ature=youtu.be

Not planning to fire sale - it's too good. If no-one's interested at a reasonable price I'll keep it and just suck up a few more journeys in the Mrs Ratmobile.

Cheers!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

You need a dashcam to record the fun runs
Old 04-23-2017, 04:23 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
You need a dashcam to record the fun runs
Yup, my secretary has been untroubled by the Oscar people. Think vid gives a good flavour of the in-car experience though!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Madmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds great, I'd keep it, though understand your situation.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:39 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Madmac
That sounds great, I'd keep it, though understand your situation.
Your support is appreciated! Sure you can't be tempted?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:48 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I have had my Kline going on 3 years. I agree with you that working with Felix was a great experience and the sound of the Kline is the best. Sorry to hear you have to move on but certainly understand the reasons.
Good luck I hope it finds a good home.

Quick Reply: Parting ways with Kline Inconel exhaust for 991.1