Sponsored by:

PSE Retrofit in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 03:00 AM
bradleyjb
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSE Retrofit in Los Angeles

I have a 2015 C4S that I picked up a month ago. I am interested in getting the PSE installed, but lowest quote I've gotten is $4200 ($3000 in parts + tax, $1200 labor). I've seen posts as recently as Sept 2016 that got it done for ~$3300 - 3500 but the dealers tell me that a) they no longer allow outside parts and that b) While they used to do it for $873, their rates have gone up and the amount of time is now more because of the switch (sounds a little off). I've tried both Rusnaks and Downtown LA. Waiting to hear from a couple of others.

Any suggestions on dealers who will do it for less than $4200? Or a good LA/OC based indie shop that will take Suncoast parts?

thanks,
Brad
Old 04-21-2017, 03:50 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

There should be no reason why the quotes are that high as there is nothing new about the install on an S or 4S. The vacuum lines are already in place and the interior switches come in a kit that is a swap and replace. I'm surprised that Rusnak Thousand Oaks is giving you the squeeze as there have been several of us who've had ours done there and they were willing to match quotes we've shared online here. Maybe give House Automotive a ring and ask them to match prices?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:31 AM
ieatfishburritos
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found Mckenna in norwalk is motorsports oriented and service has been cheaper than other LA area pcar dealers, give them a call. They've even flatbeaded my car from 29 miles away and brought over my winter tires etc at no additional charge.

That being said, you can also go indy and try GMG, tag, etc

good luck.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 PM
bradleyjb
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the input. I checked my call history and turns out I had called Rusnak Pasadena twice but a week apart (an interestingly enough price was $200 different both times). Thousand Oaks was more inline with what I've seen posted at 3750 out the door. Good to know about the other shops too for future stuff.

Quick Reply: PSE Retrofit in Los Angeles