Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First experience with 991.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually the GTS comes with spasm standard and you have to select regular PASM as a no cost option.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:04 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats everyone on your beautiful GTSs!

My Agate Gray Targa 4 GTS is currently at the port in Emden, Germany, waiting for its ride to Rhode Island. I hope it will get transferred to Porsche of Roslyn in time to get PPF and coated before the Memorial Day weekend. Fingers crossed! I added a lot of optional equipment, PDK, PDCC, front axle lift, RWS, GTS Interior package (alcantara) with red deviated stitching and some carbon fiber extras. I loaded it up because I plan to keep it for a long time...

It's exciting to see them starting to arrive in the US and to hear the initial impressions. Can't wait for mine!
Old 04-28-2017, 04:04 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bwiele
Congrats everyone on your beautiful GTSs!

My Agate Gray Targa 4 GTS is currently at the port in Emden, Germany, waiting for its ride to Rhode Island. I hope it will get transferred to Porsche of Roslyn in time to get PPF and coated before the Memorial Day weekend. Fingers crossed! I added a lot of optional equipment, PDK, PDCC, front axle lift, RWS, GTS Interior package (alcantara) with red deviated stitching and some carbon fiber extras. I loaded it up because I plan to keep it for a long time...

It's exciting to see them starting to arrive in the US and to hear the initial impressions. Can't wait for mine!
Exciting! I just ordered a C2GTS with Porsche Roslyn yesterday. I love that dealership. I am set up for a July build, August delivery, and this new car will replace my 991.1 GTS coupe when the lease is up. This time I went with GT Silver over Black/ Bordeaux, 7MT, 18-ways, premium plus, glass roof, Bose, and some other goodies.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Valvefloat991
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I think because it's still "un-selectable" for lack of a better term, they still like to keep the "standard" ride height at the 0, PASM as the -10 mm compared to standard (even if it's included in the build if left alone) and SPASM as the -20mm from standard or highest ride height to avoid confusion. However you're right in that case for sure.
Is PASM un-selectable on a 991.2? Is it possible to order a 991.2 without PAMS?

When I configured my car on the Porsche web site last year, PASM was listed as standard equipment. It did say (10mm lower), but that still begs the question, 10mm lower than what--an imaginary 991.2 without PASM?

It is worth noting that in Porsche's specs, the height of a base 991.2 is listed as 50.9 inches. That's 0.4 inches (10mm) lower than the listed height for a base 991.1. So it seems that these dimensions reflect the now-standard PASM.

Sorry for being pedantic, but I hate marketing hype.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:10 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Valvefloat991
Is PASM un-selectable on a 991.2? Is it possible to order a 991.2 without PAMS?

When I configured my car on the Porsche web site last year, PASM was listed as standard equipment. It did say (10mm lower), but that still begs the question, 10mm lower than what--an imaginary 991.2 without PASM?

It is worth noting that in Porsche's specs, the height of a base 991.2 is listed as 50.9 inches. That's 0.4 inches (10mm) lower than the listed height for a base 991.1. So it seems that these dimensions reflect the now-standard PASM.

Sorry for being pedantic, but I hate marketing hype.

A non-gts 991.2 comes the full 20mm higher than the gts that comes with SPASM (which is the whole 20mm lower than the standard non-gts 991.2) without touching any boxes. However, the GTS CAN be spec'd with the midway -10 suspension that they call PASM, which is NOT available on the configurator for a non GTS model. So they DO still have 3 different height levels between the two.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome 'color' on .2 GTS. You lucky devil. And yes, great 'plate. Looking fwd to track obs.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:22 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump. Any more updates after more miles (and smiles) behind the wheel of the new 991.2 GTS? =)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Bump. Any more updates after more miles (and smiles) behind the wheel of the new 991.2 GTS? =)
Gave mine a much needed wash after a 500 mile round trip this weekend.

All i I can say is wow what a car. Handles like a dream especially with RWS. Effortlessly quick, real speed straight from the off. A real pleasure to drive.

For those lucky enough to have one on order it's worth the wait. Feels completely different to my old 4GTS.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Ed911.2
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is waiting for its wash tomorrow. (no pics and embarrassed smiley)

I can echo Simon’s words in that it’s by far the most complete car I’ve ever driven. Ferociously quick and I haven’t been much above 4,000rpm as there’s only a couple of hundred miles on the clock. Tyres are bedding in making light work of corners - RWS is brilliant, completely justified by the extra manoeuvrability in tight spaces let alone all the other benefits.

I drove the GTS back-to-back with my wife’s Mini Cooper and I think the GTS has a better ride, which is incredible when you take the fat tyres and low-slung stance of the thing into account. It’s fascinating how much of the suspension you can see through the spokes of the CL wheels and looking under the rear the same with the engine and transmission.

I am nowhere near the limits of this beast at the moment but it is exceeding expectations in every department. The PCM is bang up-to-date, rather than the hand-me-down 5-year old parts-bin stuff you get with some performance cars. Even the Bose sounds good, although I haven’t used it on the move yet as I’m enjoying all the sounds made by the car itself too much. This is my first Porsche, so apart from a short test drive in a 991.1 I don’t have much previous form but how anyone could describe the exhaust note as “boring” or “vacuum cleaner-like” I have no idea. Hits the spot for me, with (comparatively) quiet when you want it but that beautiful flat six sound when used in anger and I haven’t even redlined it yet!

You can probably tell I like it (just a bit...)
Old 05-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Speed2000
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed2000
:Awesome! Did it arrive when you expected? Have Targa due May 26
I got a text at 4:40 Thursday my car might be here by the weekend. Ninety minutes later it I get a text its there and I picked it up the next day.

Went back by the dealership today to get a proper delivery. When I picked up the car, I only wanted to know how to pair my phone. Apparently I registered a .9 acceleration on the G meter even though I'm observing the break-in recommendations...mostly. My 997.2 was fast enough but this one is quickly fast. As long as the tach is over 2000, it just gushes forward with a little squeeze on the trigger in normal mode (PDK). Sport mode seems like it adds 150 hp and I chickened out after three seconds on the sports response button.

First road trip planned for the Indycar GP so will be a good to put in some seat time in the Sport-tex threads.
Attached Images     
Old 05-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 194 Posts

Very nice!! Looks like what I orederd. Pm'd ya. Couple questions
Old 05-22-2017, 09:14 AM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by eg991
Exciting! I just ordered a C2GTS with Porsche Roslyn yesterday. I love that dealership. I am set up for a July build, August delivery, and this new car will replace my 991.1 GTS coupe when the lease is up. This time I went with GT Silver over Black/ Bordeaux, 7MT, 18-ways, premium plus, glass roof, Bose, and some other goodies.
Any discounts?

I am thinking of making a mive, sooner than initially scheduled.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:55 PM
caritch
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTS4

Great looking car! I am awaiting mine - currently sitting in Davisville. I am in New York too - see you garage it - do you mind if I ask which garage? How do they treat it?

Last edited by caritch; 05-22-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: First experience with 991.2 GTS