Sponsored by:

Fuel Collection Rail Recall...Checkered Flag Porsche ..Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Fuel Collection Rail Recall...Checkered Flag Porsche ..Thumbs Up

Haven't posted anything worthless on the Net in a while so here it is.

My 17 C2S now has 4200 miles on it and developed a rattle in the rear of the car. I also received my recall notice for the fuel collection rail fastener replacement.

I decided I would use a different shop closer to my home for service...Checkered Flag Porsche in Va Beach.

I called them and the lady in Porsche service was very polite taking all my information and informing me they would call me when they came in. Two days later I get the call from the service manager Phillp. Very polite, professional and accommodating. Set up the appointment and when I arrived they were expecting me and had a nice base 16 Cayman in Guards Red for me to have as a loaner.

I had them do the following....turn off oil change light, recall repair and find a rattle. Mechanic went for a ride with me and thank goodness it rattled so he heard it. He even seemed to know exactly what it was but didn't say it outright.

I enjoyed driving the Cayman loaner. While it was down on power 275hp 215 torq. it did handle nicely and I loved the Red color. Guards Red is much nicer in person and looks less like a tomato than it does in pictures. A number of people seemed to really take notice of the car while I was driving it.

The stereo sucked however so I got to enjoy the sweet sounds of naturally aspirated Porsche music which I have to admit that I miss a little bit...until I put mine in sport plus which I did on the way home through the tunnels with the windows down.. Heavenly turbo mechanical music reverberating off the tunnel walls for all to hear.

As usual the daily driver is not appreciated until you have to drive a different car and then when you get yours back...it is like man this car is so quick.

Two days later I get the call that my car is ready and Philip even asked me if I wanted it washed as some customers do not. My car is fully PPF'd so I said sure.

When I arrived, my car was ready and clean. No more rattle.. Priceless.

Got stuck behind a truck on way home and took a 2 inch jagged rock to the roof. Thanks to the Xpel PPF it resulted in only a 1/2 in scratch to the PPF itself . When it hit the car it sounded like a boulder and I thought bad thoughts all the way home.

Overall I was very pleased with my service experience and will likely go back for the 10k service.

Only thing that annoyed me a little was the suggestion that I should pay $50 for them to turn the oil change light off. If the matter had been pressed further i would have said No thanks to that but the incredulous look on my face must have signaled my displeasure so the topic was dropped and the light was turned off for no charge.

BTW, I love Red..If I get another P car...RED...Don't tell the wife the thought even crossed my mind...GT3..or GT4RS...RED
Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

You should not be too surprised that they wanted to charge you to turn off the service light. My dealer won't do it even if I pay them to. They say, if we did not do the work, we will not turn off the light. I think a lot of Porsche dealers are in the same boat, but some will turn it off if you pay them.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Hahahaha...yeah I was prepared for the charge before I walked in. Still Porsche makes a great car and the oil is easy to change but then they won't allow you to reset the oil light. This essentially forces you to a dealer or shop of some sort who then proceeds to gouge you for 5 min work. That is the part that annoys me.

Quick Reply: Fuel Collection Rail Recall...Checkered Flag Porsche ..Thumbs Up