Sponsored by:

How to remove overhead console?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 276 Posts
Default How to remove overhead console?

Anyone have pictures or can offer directions how to remove the overhead console? I've developed a slight vibration resonance over cobblestone roads that I've isolated to this part and I want to apply some foam tape to try to eliminate it.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:16 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

There are two clips that you need to push in with a credit card in order to release it - one on the passenger side and the other on driver side.
Attached Images    
Old 04-20-2017, 05:49 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Thank you!
Old 04-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
There are two clips that you need to push in with a credit card in order to release it - one on the passenger side and the other on driver side.
I have a rear facing camera in conjunction with my front facing and I was curious if i can fish the cable through from the front to the back after removing that overhead console
Old 04-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Daohaus
I have a rear facing camera in conjunction with my front facing and I was curious if i can fish the cable through from the front to the back after removing that overhead console
Don't know, never tried it. May be possible, but doubt it would be easy. Probably need to put a snake through rear headliner and hope there are no obstructions on its was to the overhead.

What I did to install my rear camera was to run the wire along the front headliner, under the A pillar, and along the door weatherstripping. Followed the weatherstripping down to the door sill and then snaked it along the rear seat panel crevices to the back. You can then run the wire up along the rear window liner and connect to rear camera, wherever you decide to mount it.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Don't know, never tried it. May be possible, but doubt it would be easy. Probably need to put a snake through rear headliner and hope there are no obstructions on its was to the overhead.

What I did to install my rear camera was to run the wire along the front headliner, under the A pillar, and along the door weatherstripping. Followed the weatherstripping down to the door sill and then snaked it along the rear seat panel crevices to the back. You can then run the wire up along the rear window liner and connect to rear camera, wherever you decide to mount it.

Hope this helps.
that's what i basically did, i followed the along the weatherstripping up top and back, just sucks because the noise if you will from the cable is interfering w/ my FM radio single as it's RIGHT there. It's more an annoyance than anything because I don't listen to FM anyway.

thanks
Old 05-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Update to this: the slight creak may not have been coming from this at all, but instead where the passenger side sun visor clips into the headliner stay. Put small felt circle in the stay, and the creak is gone.

Quick Reply: How to remove overhead console?