Bay Area Clear Bra references

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:46 AM
spicygal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Clear Bra references

Hi All,
I am awaiting the delivery of our new 2017 Cayenne (transfer from another dealer). I have taken the past few days to research clear bra's (PPF) and it seems like XPEL ULTIMATE is the way to go. There are a couple of certified installers that I have found in the Bay Area - Elite Auto Films (now in San Jose) and OCDetailing (now in Fremont).
Does anyone have experience with either of these for PPF installation? If so, may I get your thoughts? Based on personal experience, are there other installers I should consider?
Initially I was considering partial front end, but now am looking at full front. Our Cayenne is standard black. Anyone do just the partial front?
Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:12 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Forcefield in San Jose did mine, very fine quality.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:36 AM
IrocMan
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Supreme Detailworks, also in San Jose does a decent work. Bunch of friends with exotic cars use them for wrap, paint refresh and custom work.
I'll get my C4S there soon.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:39 AM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I had mine done by Jeremy at Invisiguard in San Carlos using a pattern. He was great to work with, and workmanship and price were excellent.

Rob at Auto Pro Films in Belmont does great custom film work and seems to have been doing tint and film since the beginning of time.

I also visited Wilson at Premier Protective Films (International) in Fremont. He is more expensive but I was really impressed with the wraps that he was doing and judging by the cars that were in there and the existing customer that I spoke to, others have been impressed to.

All have reviews on Yelp

I did full front, mirrors, side skirts, front of rear wheel arches and rear bumper. IMHO I would not consider doing partial hood as way too many stones get further up the hood on the 911; no experience with a Cayenne however.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:54 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I recommend looking here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9459...rs-thread.html

please add to it when you get it done!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:42 PM
spicygal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone!!!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

AutoProFilms, Belmont. Ask for Rob. For cars with big hoods like a Cayenne, he uses Suntek so it can be done in one piece. Great product. It's on our Macan and 911. Look at his Yelp reviews.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by spicygal
Initially I was considering partial front end, but now am looking at full front. Our Cayenne is standard black. Anyone do just the partial front?
Thanks a bunch!
Black cars really show chips and imperfections, so I would suggest full front. If you get partial, the cut lines also tend to show up on black, so that's another reason to get full vs partial. Finally, look for a dealer that can do the big hood of a Cayenne in one piece, so the cut lines don't show. Many will tell you it can't be done, but my installer (AutoProFilms) uses SunTek, and can often get that done where others cannot.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:19 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Rob and Jeremy above did my tint and clear bra respectively. Both did an excellent job.

Quick Reply: Bay Area Clear Bra references