Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty expires 10 days...any hot tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 09:03 PM
cdelrosario
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Warranty expires 10 days...any hot tips?

Hi all,

My 2013 C2S Cabriolet warranty expires in 10 days...I'm bringing her to the dealer for software update.

Anything else I should have them check under warranty?

The car has been solid for 4 years, 34k miles.

Any last second suggestions greatly appreciated!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:43 PM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

My dealer did a quasi ppi before my warranty expired! See if they will do the same.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:13 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

One thing I've seen mentioned a few times on earlier 991s is delamination of the UV coating at the edges of the headlights. Unlikely, but look to see if there is any signs of small cracks in the outer surface around the edges of the headlights.

One of the threads with a good photo is here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8210...headlight.html
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd do what HK G36C suggested, BUT I would do it at a different dealerhip and order it as a true (keep backstory to yourself) PPI. Then bring the list back to your servicing dealership (or give it to the inspecting dealership).

I always get another dealership to immediately PPI my newly purchased preowned after the sale, and routinely the independant "PPI-ing" dealership finds things the selling dealership didn't fix as part of the Certification.

In PPI they are working on behalf your best interest, otherwise they work for their own.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:57 PM
rebelceb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
One thing I've seen mentioned a few times on earlier 991s is delamination of the UV coating at the edges of the headlights. Unlikely, but look to see if there is any signs of small cracks in the outer surface around the edges of the headlights.

One of the threads with a good photo is here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8210...headlight.html
I have this issue on my 2014 and the local dealer is acting like someone put some chemical on it and caused it vs it being an issue. He said last week he would check with the rep and call me the next day...no word since
Old 04-17-2017, 11:29 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by smichael
I'd do what HK G36C suggested, BUT I would do it at a different dealerhip and order it as a true (keep backstory to yourself) PPI. Then bring the list back to your servicing dealership (or give it to the inspecting dealership).

I always get another dealership to immediately PPI my newly purchased preowned after the sale, and routinely the independant "PPI-ing" dealership finds things the selling dealership didn't fix as part of the Certification.

In PPI they are working on behalf your best interest, otherwise they work for their own.
Please help me understand this recommendation better. It is one thing to get an independent PPI when you are buying a car from a dealer, but that isn't the case here.

In my experience, the servicing dealer has nothing but incentive to find things that could be fixed under warranty since they make much of their money that way. I don't understand why a dealer would have any reason to not find a problem. In my mind all this becomes is an unnecessary expense for the car owner.

Quick Reply: Warranty expires 10 days...any hot tips?