Sponsored by:

Savannah to Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Savannah to Charlotte

Will be flying into Savannah for a deposition Friday morning. Will be staying in the area because I have a deposition in Wilkesboro, NC on Monday. Any suggestions for what to do, or where to stay Friday and Saturday night? I enjoy running, people watching etc. I'll be in a rental car.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:12 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always stop at Eez Fushion to get some food when in the area. Take exit 25 off of I77. Its in The Birkdale Shopping area.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:18 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Here is an off the wall one. There is a gun shop/range in Mooresville NC where you can rent a machinegun to blast away with, it's fun but you will spend some money because they eat ammo like crazy.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:24 PM
0-Steve
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will love Savannah! The Kimpton is fantastic as is the restaurant housed there (Pacci). I've stayed at most hotels in town and some have better locations like the Bohemian which has a rooftop bar/restaurant. There is good people watching everywhere.

Favorite restaurants: The Grey, A Lure, Soho South Cafe, Circa 1875 & Sapphire. The basement bar at Little Pink House is a great spot as well. Most located in different main areas of town (blocks from one another). Try something in each!

I travel between homes in Orlando and Charlotte all the time and that is 1/2 point so spend a lot of time there. Great little town!

Charlotte is another story altogether... Pick one!
Old 04-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

steve - Friday night in Savannah. Saturday night in Charlotte.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:46 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Cars and Capaccino in Charlotte on Sunday at Foxcroft.

There is far better sushi but forgive our brother for he knows not that he speaks of Huntersville (that's where the dreaded "lake people" live... so uncivilized that they actually where flip flips in public most of the time.... damn hippies).

Check Beef and Bottle if you want old school charlotte steak. (USDA PRIME)

Nascar Hall of fame - actually better than it sounds.

Watching people.... plenty of great patios uptown for a drink and watching people.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Friday night in Savannah. Westin is right across the river and has a shuttle to town. Do the ghost tour. It's the most haunted city in the US. Saturday night try the Ballantyne hotel. Agree with R-rated. C&C in charolette
Old 04-17-2017, 10:36 AM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

I could also use some help. I am picking up my car at PEC atl and driving back to philly. Does anyone have a good route that has a beach stopover and nice roads with good food and places to stay. It's a lot to ask so thanks a lot. I have been waiting a year for this car and picking it up in July I hope. pTS and LTS held it up plus allocation also. Thank you
Old 04-17-2017, 10:45 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I love Savannah. Take a walking ghost tour (remember Midnight In The Garden Of Good & Evil). Make sure you try the She Crab Soup at every restaurant you go to.

When you come back, provide the answers (no Google) to these two trivia questions as your test:

1) What is the reason for "aint" used in porch ceilings?
2) What plant is the moss hanging in the live oak trees most closely related to?
Old 04-17-2017, 12:00 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Homeles
Friday night in Savannah. Westin is right across the river and has a shuttle to town. Do the ghost tour. It's the most haunted city in the US. Saturday night try the Ballantyne hotel. Agree with R-rated. C&C in charolette
hmmmm were you hanging out with the shrink a couple months ago? I recognize your car. I was the red cab smoking a cigar in a lawn chair as I always do at these things
Old 04-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by R_Rated
hmmmm were you hanging out with the shrink a couple months ago? I recognize your car. I was the red cab smoking a cigar in a lawn chair as I always do at these things
Amelia Island?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:44 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Homeles
Amelia Island?
Cars and capaccino
Old 04-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by evio
I could also use some help. I am picking up my car at PEC atl and driving back to philly. Does anyone have a good route that has a beach stopover and nice roads with good food and places to stay. It's a lot to ask so thanks a lot. I have been waiting a year for this car and picking it up in July I hope. pTS and LTS held it up plus allocation also. Thank you
Head to Savannah if you're looking for beach. If you want roads, head north towards the mountains of SC & NC. Great hotels in Asheville and some of the best driving roads east of the Mississippi.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Cars and Capaccino in Charlotte on Sunday at Foxcroft.

There is far better sushi but forgive our brother for he knows not that he speaks of Huntersville (that's where the dreaded "lake people" live... so uncivilized that they actually where flip flips in public most of the time.... damn hippies).

Check Beef and Bottle if you want old school charlotte steak. (USDA PRIME)

Nascar Hall of fame - actually better than it sounds.

Watching people.... plenty of great patios uptown for a drink and watching people.
I confess to not be a local but will take advise on better Sushi(I live in the sticks so most everything is better than here).
Old 04-17-2017, 09:01 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by dmtsc
I confess to not be a local but will take advise on better Sushi(I live in the sticks so most everything is better than here).
My ribbing against lake people is light hearted. Check Sushi 101 in Charlotte. There are more expensive but none as good. Rusans if lunch... PM me next time you're in town but keep in mind lake people = chain restaurants.

Quick Reply: Savannah to Charlotte