Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual vs. PDK? Maybe this will help you decide.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 06:41 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone sent me this... I chuckled... Don't get too offended, I'm posting it tongue in cheek
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

New and a hilarious moment IMO

Old 04-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Jrod
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=dawgsontop;14102361]Not sure why the hate for millenials. I'm a "millenial" and most of my cars to date have been sticks as were many of my good friends'.

Seems funny that "millenials" don't have common sense when in fact we were raised by people that fall in the "baby boomer" or "gen x" generations. Further, we didn't give the trophies to ourselves - our parents did. Who's to blame?

Ultimately, I'm not trying to call anyone out, just trying to point out that as homogenous as this forum typically is, there are people of other demographics that may not quite fit into the stereotypes you've formed for them and it would behoove people to think critically before lumping together a mass of ~75 million Americans.

I gotcha man. I sure didn't lump together 75,000,000 folks as I stated "a lot of millennials". That's just in my contact with many at work as engineers fresh out of school that absolutely are all in on the participation trophy's and that gender is what you decide to be on any given day etc. etc. I'd say most here have enough life experience that it doesn't need to be pointed out that people of other demographics all don't fit the stereotypes that have been formed for whatever reasons and do a good deal of critical thinking. This thread was obviously started as a joke and it is humorous to a lot just not everyone.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Jrod
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GregD
Someone sent me this... I chuckled... Don't get too offended, I'm posting it tongue in cheek
I'm mad! Jk that's a little funny
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Bishop200
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick has some funny tee shirts. :-)
Old 04-12-2017, 11:27 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Bishop200
Nick has some funny tee shirts. :-)
His driving reviews are great. While informative, his kitchen talks can be a bit long winded. Scenes with his dog and his snide edits are hysterical.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:16 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Or not long winded enough. His going over the options showing the configurator plus examples is extremely helpful IMO.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:47 AM
dawgsontop
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrod
I gotcha man. I sure didn't lump together 75,000,000 folks as I stated "a lot of millennials". That's just in my contact with many at work as engineers fresh out of school that absolutely are all in on the participation trophy's and that gender is what you decide to be on any given day etc. etc. I'd say most here have enough life experience that it doesn't need to be pointed out that people of other demographics all don't fit the stereotypes that have been formed for whatever reasons and do a good deal of critical thinking. This thread was obviously started as a joke and it is humorous to a lot just not everyone.
Completely understood and I do actually find the theft deterrent aspect of a manual transmission comical. As long as manual transmissions still exist when I teach my (yet to exist) children to drive, they'll be learning in a manual.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:55 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001f4s
Seems to me that it should be considered a "theft deterrent system" by insurance companies, and results in a lower premium.
Banked driveway?

Quick Reply: Manual vs. PDK? Maybe this will help you decide.