Sponsored by:

991.2 order - stereo feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:52 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Loft23
MRM or Maximum Residualized MSRP on an '18 C2S is $129,800. So if you option a car, wether it's the stereo or any other options, above the MRM, it will not be counted against your residual. In other words, doesn't add value to your car at the end of the lease. So it's pointless to spec a C2S to $150k, whether you lease or own, because the resale is based on market and comp for that generation of vehicles. Options may make it more attractive and easier to move, but don't expect it to add much value later.
cool, I wondered what that meant.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:14 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

I personally find the base stereo to be sufficient.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:46 PM
johnstoy
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Something else to keep in mind since you are ordering a new car is that supposedly the Bose has been improved for the 991.2. Nick Murray talks about it in his review video at around the 10:50 mark:
Much less expensive than the Burmeister.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:53 PM
cug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed quite a difference between 991.1 and 991.2 Bose systems as well. I didn't dive too much into it, but it took me about 5 minutes to get the older system to "livable in a sports car" (for someone who likes good sound) by just taking out all the stupid settings that are typically done by people who have no clue how to set up an audio system and don't know that a neutral sound should be what you start out with to set a system to your liking. So finding "most neutral" is always step #1.

On the newer system neutral sounded fuller and richer, probably some better speakers or, more likely, better speaker placement and enclosures. Also, the road noise on the 991.2 was significantly lower, so it was easier to set up the system. In the end, the difference was noticeable, but not dramatic. I tried a car with Burmester as well, and while that was better than the Bose, it's certainly not worth the price difference for me. And I use a 40k USD (pure stereo, not home theater) audio system at home ... I might have paid a premium for a Bowers & Wilkins system like in the Volvos or BMWs, but not for the Burmester.

Quick Reply: 991.2 order - stereo feedback