Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI Needed for a CPO car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 11:56 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Since you live where the car is have them put it on the rack and do a good walk around (and under) and let the tech run through the inspections highlights. Look for uneven tire wear and scrapes to the undercarriage etc.

Plenty on here from the Atlanta area probably wouldn't mind giving you a hand if you asked for another set of eyes.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:11 PM
pashaj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, as expected. The seats (18 way) were very comfortable, got a ton of thumbs up on I-95, a few pics taken at gas stations. The hardest part is not going fast, I did hit triple digits VERY easily a few times, but I had my eye on the odometer throughout, trying to stay within limit. I did drive the car in Sport and Sport Plus mode a few times and it would guzzle a little gas, but I'm still getting used to reading the gas gauge. I wasn't sure how empty it was so I think I pulled into gas stations a little too often.
Correct me if I'm wrong but does the top line where you can get the gas range notated, does that get overlapped by the feature that scans the posted speed limit? Meaning I can't feature both the posted speed limit and the gas range on the top line on the PCM?
Anyway kage, I highly recommend really driving the car.

Originally Posted by kage65
Wow, and how is the 911 on a 900 mile road trip?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:37 PM
pashaj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But, again, a PPI is recommended.
While I was at the dealership I was speaking to a SA and about another dealership in South Florida. The SA said that he had a customer earlier in the day who thought he purchased a Turbo S but was actually sold a Turbo with upgrades. He said that wasn't the first time that dealership did something shady, the SA said they sold a CPO car that had a salvaged title. Kinda scary. Others can chime in on if this is common.

Quick Reply: PPI Needed for a CPO car?