Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change already submitted build?

Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
carbonbmw
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change already submitted build?

Hey fellow Porsche enthusiasts. I am in a bit of a dilemma and wanted to reach out and see if anyone has any in put. I have placed an order for 991.2 GTS which is set to build in a few weeks. I have gone over my build and I want to make a few changes but my SA at the dealer says if I make a change even before the build start date, the system pulls my allocation out and then re submits it and my build date could shift. My car is set to be delivered on June 23 which imo is late in the year because I am in Chicago area, there is only so many nice days to drive. I dont want to wait any longer then this date really, But if we are talking about a couple days, I could wait.

Question is, has anyone else changed there order before there build date? and did it change your delivery date? If yes by how much?

I ordered the car with Standard Porsche Active Suspension Management which deselected the sports version which is 20mm lower then standard suspension. My car will be 10mm lower, I would prefer the 20 mm lower. Also I would add the CF side mirrors.

Any one else gone thru this?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2017, 09:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

GTS comes with PASM

The Sport PASM option lowers another 10mm.

Your 20mm number is incorrect for the SPASM selection. The other 10mm is the standard PASM option. Now also comes standard on base model Carreras.

Your dealer sounds right. I'd expect a big delay. Much longer than a few days for sure.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 681 Likes on 475 Posts

I was told by my dealer that changes made within a few days of the lock date can result in a delay, but no one can really say what the delay would be for each option change. For example a "paint to sample" (PTS) would obviously create a much longer delay than say adding a different style of wheel.

If your build gets bumped from an April/early May build to June, you'll be getting a 2018.

One option might be to see if another dealer with an allocation a build date that is a couple of weeks out from yours might be willing to change his allocation (unsold) for your build?

Always difficult decisions. I understand the short driving season. I'm north west of you in Canada and we shut down the driving season (for the most part) in mid October.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:01 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
GTS comes with PASM

The Sport PASM option lowers another 10mm.

Your 20mm number is incorrect for the SPASM selection. The other 10mm is the standard PASM option. Now also comes standard on base model Carreras.

Your dealer sounds right. I'd expect a big delay. Much longer than a few days for sure.
.2 GTS comes standard with SPASM, if you want the regular PASM you have to tick the box at no cost.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by paxton
.2 GTS comes standard with SPASM, if you want the regular PASM you have to tick the box at no cost.

Gotcha. Didn't realize that. New for the .2's. Thanks
Old 03-27-2017, 10:27 PM
carbonbmw
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish their system would let me know what the delay would be if I choose to make the switch.With both of these selections im speaking of being standard items, it would have been nice to have been able to switch with no time loss within reasonable time before build. I guess im going to stick to staying with the current build in fear of getting bumped to late.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Get exactly what you want. Paying big $$$. A little time is nothing for something you have to live with the life of the car.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:54 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,198 Likes on 2,713 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it.

On my last two Porsches I made dozens of changes - even extending into the "freeze" period of the build. Didn't meaningfully change the ETA. My GT4 actually arrived early. We'll see what happens with my Turbo.

Get what you want and don't worry about delays. You will absolutely regret not making the order perfect.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Northern 911
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonbmw
I wish their system would let me know what the delay would be if I choose to make the switch.With both of these selections im speaking of being standard items, it would have been nice to have been able to switch with no time loss within reasonable time before build. I guess im going to stick to staying with the current build in fear of getting bumped to late.
When I built my .2 GTS recently I had selected PASM by mistake thinking I had selected SPASM which is what I wanted (I hadn't realized that ticking the box removed SPASM). Luckily I noticed the mistake before it locked and could make the change. I agree with rk-d and STG that you should get what you really want. The suspension change is not a minor detail. The delay will likely be minimal and I imagine you will have the car for a long time. I would make sure you are happy with the build when spending this much $$. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:39 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

CarbonBMW, the luxury of living in the Chicago area, is that we have at our access no less than 7 Porsche dealerships. That number bumps up to 10 if you're willing to go to the Milwaukee or Madison area. Not unreasonable to do so.

So, of you really want to make a build change, you could always "shop your build" to another dealership, and seek out a better allocation build date & delivery date, and possibly even a better price.

Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Change already submitted build?