991.2 PCM questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:35 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 991.2 PCM questions / issues

hello folks

brand new 991.2 here. I have a couple of questions / issues with the new PCM.

PLEASE: If you are a 991.2 hater or if you nothing constructive to say, please ignore this thread.

So here is the situation. With the new PCM there is a new feature (or at least i think its new) called "MyScreen". it is a place where you can store your personal / favorite settings such as telephone speed dials (say your wife, mother, girlfriend, mistress, shrink, etc. etc.), saved destinations, favorite radio stations, etc.... Basically you drag and drop your favorite items in little windows and ... voila... they *should* always be there. I have two issues / questions:

1) I have the memory package and, as I understand it, once you are done configuring all your settings you store them all on your key by pressing the "key" button on the door. Well, for me my "MyScreen" settings are lost every time I start the car. Specifically, the contacts I saved are no longer there. Note that all my other settings (like seat adjustment, ventilation) are preserved. Also note that I only ever use one single key... the other stays in the safe. In case it matters I am using an iPhone 6 with iOs 9.3.1. See pic below.

2) I can't get a list of radio stations in. it seems that on the second screen all I can get is a button for the same station over and over (which is the current station you are dialed into) and it changes if you manually change the channel. See pic below.

Anyone else with a 991.2 seen this as well? The manual is not very specific on this topic. Is there a way to do a manual reset? or is it a trip to the dealer?
Thank you in advance.
Attached Images   
Old 05-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Stil_1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe save to key? I think it's memory setting #3, you might need to save? on the 991.1 that's what stores my radio station presets and stuff.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:47 PM
LCW
Pro

I do save to key. Thank you.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:18 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a .2 but am not familiar with it, however PCNA has a technical person that can walk you through this - you have to be sure to ask for the technical guy because the associates that answer the phone will try to read the manual for you and, they honestly don't do a good job at that.

Good luck
Old 05-10-2016, 10:24 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
I have a .2 but am not familiar with it, however PCNA has a technical person that can walk you through this - you have to be sure to ask for the technical guy because the associates that answer the phone will try to read the manual for you and, they honestly don't do a good job at that.

Good luck
Thank you for that. As you get more familiar with the car, I would love to hear if you have the same issue. I will call PCNA as soon as I have a spare hour during business hours... Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:42 AM
KeysToHappiness
Track Day

LCW,

I too have set myscreen, but it has not lost the setup. I had not thought of linking it to the key or 1 or 2 so I don't think that is the issue. I have not lost my settings. What I have noticed is the difference in using PCM vs Apple CarPlay and how the phone works with pcm going from one to another. Basically when I swap to CarPlay the phone interacts differently, music, phone etc.

Therefore in your pics was the phone previously connected using CarPlay first? And then you went back to pcm? That's my first thought
Old 05-11-2016, 07:56 AM
KeysToHappiness
Track Day

LCW,

Have you tried Reset myscreen?

A handy item for the phone.... Porsche - Good To Know?
Old 05-11-2016, 09:10 AM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by KeysToHappiness
LCW,

I too have set myscreen, but it has not lost the setup. I had not thought of linking it to the key or 1 or 2 so I don't think that is the issue. I have not lost my settings. What I have noticed is the difference in using PCM vs Apple CarPlay and how the phone works with pcm going from one to another. Basically when I swap to CarPlay the phone interacts differently, music, phone etc.

Therefore in your pics was the phone previously connected using CarPlay first? And then you went back to pcm? That's my first thought
I have not connected to CarPlay yet (other than at delivery) as there is so much technology that I have been trying to digest it in smaller bites. I will try that soon... that is a very good tip - thank you
Old 05-11-2016, 09:11 AM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by KeysToHappiness
LCW,

Have you tried Reset myscreen?

A handy item for the phone.... Porsche - Good To Know?
NO I have not - how do I reset MyScreen?
Old 05-11-2016, 03:40 PM
KeysToHappiness
Track Day

Go to 'myscreen' press the 'opt' button to the bottom right (lol changed from left) of the centre console (ie not on the screen itself). Select 'SET myscreen' and then 'Reset myscreen'. This will delete 2 and 3 and reset 1 screen.

Agreed...... Loads of settings/tech stuff

Last edited by KeysToHappiness; 05-11-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:20 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not set My Screen yet but with the info here, I will attempt it tonight.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:08 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by petee1997
I have not set My Screen yet but with the info here, I will attempt it tonight.
Or, just press and hold the power button to the radio.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:32 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
hello folks

brand new 991.2 here. I have a couple of questions / issues with the new PCM.

PLEASE: If you are a 991.2 hater or if you nothing constructive to say, please ignore this thread.

So here is the situation. With the new PCM there is a new feature (or at least i think its new) called "MyScreen". it is a place where you can store your personal / favorite settings such as telephone speed dials (say your wife, mother, girlfriend, mistress, shrink, etc. etc.), saved destinations, favorite radio stations, etc.... Basically you drag and drop your favorite items in little windows and ... voila... they *should* always be there. I have two issues / questions:

1) I have the memory package and, as I understand it, once you are done configuring all your settings you store them all on your key by pressing the "key" button on the door. Well, for me my "MyScreen" settings are lost every time I start the car. Specifically, the contacts I saved are no longer there. Note that all my other settings (like seat adjustment, ventilation) are preserved. Also note that I only ever use one single key... the other stays in the safe. In case it matters I am using an iPhone 6 with iOs 9.3.1. See pic below.

2) I can't get a list of radio stations in. it seems that on the second screen all I can get is a button for the same station over and over (which is the current station you are dialed into) and it changes if you manually change the channel. See pic below.

Anyone else with a 991.2 seen this as well? The manual is not very specific on this topic. Is there a way to do a manual reset? or is it a trip to the dealer?
Thank you in advance.
LCW, I am having the same problem you are describing and no one (dealer or 1-800-Porsche) has been able to help. I am still going back and forth with 1-800-Porsche. Will let you know when I get some resolution.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:39 AM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by ATLBond
LCW, I am having the same problem you are describing and no one (dealer or 1-800-Porsche) has been able to help. I am still going back and forth with 1-800-Porsche. Will let you know when I get some resolution.
Could you please PM me the name and extension of the person at PCNA you are working with? It is probably more effective if we raise the issue with the same person. I have a feeling it is a bug requiring a new software release... Thank you
Old 05-16-2016, 12:51 PM
LCW
Pro

Quick update on this. I tried to do the reset as ipse dixit suggested and it did work... for a few days... now it lost the contacts again. So it looks like it will be a trip to the dealer which I have been trying to avoid because it will be a nightmare trying to explain the situation on a car they have no experience with (yet).... will report back once I go..

Quick Reply: 991.2 PCM questions / issues