Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Black car...glass sunroof...

Old 01-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I would never own a Porsche with a sunroof. So I'm in your buyer pool!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:19 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt you'll get the 2k back on resale (or half that frankly). To some folks though it's a must have. Personally, I have a black/black 991 and love the extra light.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:29 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Black and no sunroof. I ordered the car for me and my taste. Never used sunroof on any cars.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Get one with, and one without...
Attached Images   
Old 01-15-2017, 02:35 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine without sunroof after debating about it for weeks. I really don't like sunroofs anymore. I'm hoping I can use this as an excuse to get another Porsche in convertible form in about 5 years, took 50 years to get first one so I'm not holding my breath, but I'll try.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:43 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

I guess that's really the question isn't it. No doubt resale is better with the sunroof, but is it >$2000 better?

It's the one option that I really don't know whether or not I want. Probably why I am debating the resale angle. In the South, the summers can be brutal and I wonder if that overhead light is going to be a problem.

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
Black and no sunroof. I ordered the car for me and my taste. Never used sunroof on any cars.
Hot. I'm guessing those are tinted taillights? I ordered tinted rear tails and haven't seen a pic of it on black -- if those are the lights, I'm happy I went with them.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Originally Posted by rk-d
I guess that's really the question isn't it. No doubt resale is better with the sunroof, but is it >$2000 better?

It's the one option that I really don't know whether or not I want. Probably why I am debating the resale angle. In the South, the summers can be brutal and I wonder if that overhead light is going to be a problem.

Hot. I'm guessing those are tinted taillights? I ordered tinted rear tails and haven't seen a pic of it on black -- if those are the lights, I'm happy I went with them.
These are not the factory tinted tail lights. I had a shop tint them as I wanted darker than factory and paid a little less. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

I didn't used to be a sunroof guy - I NEVER use the sunroofs in my other cars but for some reason I will crank mine open on my 991S in nice weather and engine the engine sounds and the environment.

The sunscreen is nice but with a bright sun overhead, it does let a lot of light in at times. Not enough to bother me but I thought I would point out that the sunscreen isn't 100 percent opaque.

I don't think you would get $2k back on resale but in the end, if you are going to have the car for any amount of time, I would get exactly what I wanted and just enjoy it - don't buy the car for the next owner, buy it for you!
Old 01-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
These are not the factory tinted tail lights. I had a shop tint them as I wanted darker than factory and paid a little less. Thanks for the compliments.
Your car looks REALLY sharp! (Of course, I am a bit biased towards black...).
Old 01-15-2017, 03:05 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM
I have two friends looking for used GTSs. Like mine they want PDK, SRD and 4ways.
Must be a SoCal thing, and there is at least a small market of us.. I'm originally from OC and my GTS is PDK, sunroof delete and Sports Plus 4 Way Seats for light weight. Also left out electronic gadgets like memory, back up cameras adaptive cruise. I didn't consider resale because my goal is to keep my "first" 911 and pass it on.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:09 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Your car looks REALLY sharp! (Of course, I am a bit biased towards black...).
Thanks for the compliments. Picked car up Dec 12th. Drove 3 miles to shop and had a few things done to it. Will pick up on Tuesday and start putting the miles on. Very Happy with the way it has all turned out. They have done a few cars for me in the past. I will post up a few better photos when out on the road.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
On a black car it blends in nicely. I'm glad I have one.
Also looks great on bright, light colours like Lava. I love the look, especially w/ the continuity to the black grill - and I have black lettering too.

On the note re weight/price vs having the roof. I always have a 'roof in my cars 1) as I do use it all the time and 2) in summer it is great for venting out heat on very hot days. This item is very much horses for courses as some (^) never use it and if I were like them I would not buy it for looks alone.
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2017, 04:08 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by 917k
Also looks great on bright, light colours like Lava. I love the look, especially w/ the continuity to the black grill - and I have black lettering too.

On the note re weight/price vs having the roof. I always have a 'roof in my cars 1) as I do use it all the time and 2) in summer it is great for venting out heat on very hot days. This item is very much horses for courses as some (^) never use it and if I were like them I would not buy it for looks alone.
I think the darker the body colour, the better it looks.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:18 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
It's a black car...except for the opening lines, it will blend right in.
Purchased the 50th used and the sunroof was nice...just not for me. Sunroofs are heavy up top, fairly expensive, over time..creakier, the maintenance factor, and not enough head room with a helmet on for us taller body types (6"3"). Also like the darker cockpit and smoother lines no matter what the color. Went through the expense $$ of deleting the sunroof on a previously owned 94 928 GTS while in for paint. Now own a cab which is great and two sunroof delete 928's. Started the: https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...-for-sale.html sticky and notice the sunroof delete cars..when you can find them always fetch a premium. OP go for it T
Attached Images       

Last edited by 77tony; 01-15-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Sunroof and resale