Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused: Porsche Connect, Connect Plus, PCM Connect, Online services ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:35 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
Not sure what phone you have, but for my iPhone I just had to call and ask Verizon to activate the hotspot service. Naturally, it's an extra charge.
Yep, just figured that out today. I have 2gb for $30/mo, need to go to 4gb for $50/mo to get hotspot.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Harakiri
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Connect Plus Explanation

Hello everyone, a pleasure to join the forums.

I would like to clarify a lot of things that are not even touch at the dealership about the 3 following components: Porsche Connect, Car Connect, and ATT services. Car Connect will be mentioned at the very end due to it not being relateable to Porsche Connect or ATT. Keep in mind that if you don't have Porsche Connect Plus Package in the vehicle, you don't have access to Porsche Connect and you won't need an ATT sim card, Car Connect may still be activated if available in the option package.

Porsche Connect - Navigation and features that are located in the PCM (Main centre console unit) such as Google Earth, Real time Traffic, Online Search, News, Flight Information, Event Information, Weather, Etc.
ATT - Internet services which provide Wifi and Hotspot data in the vehicle (Only for 16/17 models)
Car Connect - Services are divided in 3 compotents: Remote, Safety, and Security
  • - Remote: Allows customers via the Porsche Car Connect app to do the following; keep track of their vehicle, miles, tyre pressure, fuel comsumption, lock in the doors, fold the side mirrors, etc (Hybrids has access to ventilation features). Keep in mind that some of the features may not be allowed in your vehicle
  • - Safety: Airbag deployment notification. Telematics Breakdown Call
  • - Security: 24/7 Vehicle Tracking System

KEEP IN MIND THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE PORSCHE CONNECT PLUS PACKAGE YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO PORSCHE CONNECT WHICH WON'T REQUIRE YOU TO ACQUIRE AN ATT SIM CARD

Porsche Connect Activation
  • DO NOT SELF REGISTER TO MY PORSCHE (Wait for the Invitation to arrive to your inbox, you can always request one from your sales employee during delivery)
  • 2016/2017 PORSCHES REQUIRE AN ATT SIM CARD FOR HOTSPOT AND WIFI DATA ACCESS
  • 2018 AND FORWARD VEHICLES HAVE AN EMBEDDED SIM CARD BUT IF YOU WANT HOTSPOT, REQUEST A BLANK ATT SIM CARD FROM YOUR DEALERSHIP
  • USE A COMPUTER OR LAPTOP WHEN TAKING ACTION OF THE MYPORSCHE EMAIL INVITATION, MOBILE DEVICES AND TABLETS ARE OF NO GOOD

Porsche Connect services are the navigation and infotainment services which are provided to customers complimentary for 1 whole year, based on your Porsche year model you have a different yearly subscription fee. To activate the Porsche Connect services in the vehicle, customers need to register to the MyPorsche site by creating a Porsche ID. This is done by an email invitation that is sent to the each customer when the vehicle has been moved from the dealerships ownership to the customers ownership (Keep in mind that if you acquire a vehicle on Friday, you may not received the email until Monday or the week off). DO NOT BY ANY MEANS SELF REGISTER TO MYPORSCHE, the only way to acquire the services in by going through the email invitation steps (MAKE SURE THE EMAIL YOU WANT TO USE ARE YOUR PORSCHE ID IS SELECTED AS WELL AS YOUR MOBILE DEVICE. When you received the email you will be asked to request an activation code to your mobile device, which will then pop up another screen so you can start registering to the MyPorsche site. The steps are very simple and only requires customer to add basic information, Your Password must be a sequence of Upper Case Letter, Lower Case Letter, Numbers, and a Special Character)

Once you have created your Porsche ID (Which is your email, make sure you have the right one on file as well as your mobile number), you will then be brought up a pop up screen that invites you to activate your pairing code in your PCM unit and also give you a summary of the Porsche Connect services. Now one of the things that I was informed is happening is that customers are not being directed to the complimentary year Porsche Connect trial view which is why the services won't be active in your vehicle. To do so please do the following:
  • Click on "Services"
  • You will see all the 14 services you have available for use with a Red Shopping Cart under it, select the shopping cart
  • You will be brought up to a order overview, which will then required you to accept the terms and agreements followed by the confirmed (I believe) button
  • Once that is done you will activate your Porsche Connect services in the PCM Unit
The Pairing code is to activate the information you configure on the site and application to the PCM Unit in your vehicle, to do so take the following steps... Each one will be placed for the particular year end model.

2016 and up Cayman, Boxster, Macan, Cayenne (Up to 2018) models:
  1. Focusing on the main center console, click the "Home" button
  2. Tap on the 'APPS' icon
  3. Click the 'OPT' button which should be on the top left side of the right ****
  4. Tap the 'Login Porsche Connect' option
  5. Tap on 'Create New User'
  6. Input your 8 digit numerical pairing code, located on the right side next to the image of your vehicle in the home screen of your MyPorsche profile
  7. It will state logging in, once so select Yes when asked if you've like to authenticate user for future use or such
  8. Select the 'Store pairing code' followed by tapping on the Store box right under the selection
​​​​​​​
2016/17 Panamera Pairing Code Steps:
  1. In the home screen on the left, select the 'APPS' Icon
  2. A drop down menu should appear on the top (3 Bars with a little left arrow pointing down) if located please tap on it
  3. Select 'Login'
  4. Select 'Manage Porsche ID' followed by 'Link Porsche ID'
  5. Enter your 8 digit numerical pairing code
  6. When prompted to select authentication settings, please select 'YES', Store Pairing Code, then Confirm Settings

2018​​​​​​​ Panamera/2019 Cayenne and up pairing code steps:
  1. On the left side of the main center when hitting the home button, scroll down and tap the 'SET' button
  2. Scroll down to the the option that says 'Porsche Connect'
  3. Select the 'Porsche ID Settings'
  4. Select the 'Link New User+' which is at the bottom of the screen
  5. Input your 8 digit pairing code
  6. Athenticate user by storing the pairing code

IF YOUR SERVICES DO NOT LOAD UP WITHIN THE NEXT SECONDS TO MINUTES, DON'T FREAK OUT, BELOW WILL BE SOME REASONS AS TO WHY YOUR SERVICES AREN'T ACCESSIBLE:
  1. You may not have Data in your vehicle, make sure you have an active ATT sim card contract or your connected via mobile hotspot
  2. You may be attempting the pairing code steps in a in close environment, make sure you're in an open space location to allow the connection to have best strenght capacity
  3. You may have not accepted your terms and agreements in your MyPorsche porta, log in to your MyPorsche account on a computer or laptop and select 'Services'
  4. You may not be placing the right pairing code
​​​​​​​IF ALL OPTIONS FAIL VISIT YOUR LOCAL DEALERSHIP

If you have any questions then please PM me if possible, also I would highly appreciate if everyone can take the time to copy and past this for it will be very helpful.
I am taking the time to prompt all of this information on all to most Porsche forums due to the amount of misinformation provided by the dealership.
I don't find it fait that not only do we have to go throught all of these steps to activate these services in the vehicles but also the amount of **** that has to be put up at the dealership to even get a simple answer from them.
My brothers GTI came with all the services and the only thing he was required to do was drive the thing out the dealership, my sisters Q3 has probably the most simplest and up to date technology with the vehicle and all she had to do was create a log in for future subscription and use. I don't see where the logic comes in when Porsche can't keep up in the simple of things like the sister brands can do.

Car Connect Activation:

Car Connect are seperated in 3 different services: Remote, Safety, and Security. Customers are given a complimentary year trial of Remote services which allow customers to (Via the Porsche Car Connect App)
  • Remote: track the vehicle, keep track of the miles, tire pressure, lock the doors, fold in the side mirrors, ventilation (For Hybrids), etc
  • Safety: Airbag Deployment notification, and telematics breakdown call
  • Security: 24/7 Vehicle Tracking System
PORSCHE CONNECT IS NOT CAR CONNECT, PLEASE DO NOT GET THESE CONFUSED SO YOU WILL BE ENTERING A HOLE YOU WILL PROBABLY DIG OUT IN FRUSTATION. THESE SERVICES ARE ACTIVATED DIFFERENT WAYS IN DIFFERENT WEBSITES AND DIFFERENT STEPS ARE TAKEN. CAR CONNECT SHOULD BE ACTIVATED DURING OR BEFORE DELIVERY

Compare to Porsche Connect which requires a trip to Narnia and back, the way to register to Car Connect is much simpler and only requires 1 particular task. To register customers have to create a profile on the following site:

https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/c...Method=display

PLEASE VALIDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR IF YOU DONT YOU WON'T HAVE ACCESS TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD IN CASE YOU FORGET IT IN THE FUTURE

Once you register your profile on the site, you will be provide with a Vehicle Installation Code , this code is be taken to the dealership with your vehicle to have the device in the vehicle activated
Please schedule an appointment for this step can take between 30-60 minutes at the dealership

Once the vehicle installation code has been activated you will then receive an activation code for the Porsche Connect Application (PCC)
YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE APPLICATION IF YOU DON'T GO THROUGH THE VEHICLE INSTALLATION CODE

Ways to request an activation code for the PCC app (Just In Case Situation):
  • Click on Phones at the top middle of the screen
  • Select your phone details and click where it says Generate an Activation Code
​​​​​​​

I will be taking the delivery of prompting this to a lot of forums dedicated to Porsche Connect Plus, I ask of you all to do the same for a more fluent simple activation without further customers getting upset or irritated

Quick Reply: Confused: Porsche Connect, Connect Plus, PCM Connect, Online services ....