Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Question, do the Burmeister covers come in various colors, i.e., Luxor Beige?
Old 04-07-2017, 01:12 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbull65
Question, do the Burmeister covers come in various colors, i.e., Luxor Beige?
Yes.

Black
Agate Grey
Espresso
Yachting Blue
Platinum Grey
Luxor Beige
Carrera Red
Old 04-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
I believe it's been addressed, but just to reiterate — When in "Surround" mode, the Bose system uses an algorithm to send certain notes to the center channel only, but also puts it's own "effects" in the mix which are horribly untrue to the recording. In "Linear" mode. it's simply getting a mixed-mono signal that suppresses the stereo separation and does more harm than good.

We have to remember at the end of the day that music is recoding in 2ch stereo, not 5.1 surround, so anything with a center channel is a fake representation of the recording. There are certain cases where we can get close-to-true imaging with a center channel, but it requires an up-mixer technology that does not exist in 99% of premium factory audio systems – Porsche Bose and Burmester included.
I emailed Nick but no response. Can I get in line for my 991.1?
Old 04-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I also would like to be added to the list
Old 04-07-2017, 02:01 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

So would I, if Nick's still taking requests and filling new orders.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:29 PM
skipwho
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put me in Nick
Old 04-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I am still hoping for the" center speaker disconnect" video from Nick. It must be a busy time of year for them.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:47 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I am still hoping for the" center speaker disconnect" video from Nick. It must be a busy time of year for them.
I would be interested as well, Nick. If I were closer to your shop I would drop in.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:40 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

A few days ago a rattle started up from the area of the drivers side tweeter. I determined it wasn't the cover so this morning I removed the it to find the screws holding the tweeter were slightly loose. I don't know if I didn't tighten them enough in the first place or they loosened. I'm guessing the former.
Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Cajun Martyni
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
X3. Loving my tweeters but I really hope Nick finds time to make the center speaker disconnect video soon.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:11 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
I don't know if I didn't tighten them enough in the first place or they loosened. I'm guessing the former.
Anyone else have this problem?
No issues here. I just got my car out of winter hibernation last weekend, and did a 700 mile road trip. All good. Really enjoying my Musicar Tweeters. Thanks again, Nick.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:28 PM
RickIrons
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frist set in Europe installed today. Installation was a pice of cake thanks to the excellent installation video.
The tweeters do exactly what they are supposed to do. The system sounds very good now. To me everything sounds best with the Bose settings on Linear, everything else off. Treble and bass only need very little adjustment, depending on the noise when driving.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 AM
JR956678
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I was in the same boat as I sort of kept on the sidelines - interested but non-committal - through the first wave of orders. I finally emailed Nick about the time the second wave was filled up (Nick's email is on the first post of this thread and that was the link I used) and got a "standby" position in the second wave. Just this week that turned into a confirmed slot.

I don't think that Nick monitors this thread for interest but I do know that he does check emails directly to him so even if you haven't gotten a reply yet - try emailing him again - it may work out for you too as it did for me.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:59 AM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by JR956678
I was in the same boat as I sort of kept on the sidelines - interested but non-committal - through the first wave of orders. I finally emailed Nick about the time the second wave was filled up (Nick's email is on the first post of this thread and that was the link I used) and got a "standby" position in the second wave. Just this week that turned into a confirmed slot.

I don't think that Nick monitors this thread for interest but I do know that he does check emails directly to him so even if you haven't gotten a reply yet - try emailing him again - it may work out for you too as it did for me.
I try to keep up with every channel, but it's become apparent as of late that I'm juggling a few too many things to be a stellar correspondent. Rest assured, if you take the time out of your day to send me an email, I will surely offer the same courtesy in return.

That said, I'm excited to say that we just closed up the group buy for the second batch of tweeter upgrades that will start production in the next few weeks! Thanks to everyone for the continued support – it's a blessing to be able to share our craft and art with so many people.

–Nick
Old 05-11-2017, 11:33 PM
ieatfishburritos
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very excited for the next round to commence and updates!!

Quick Reply: Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade