Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade

 
Old 03-31-2019, 06:20 PM
  #646  
Cajun Martyni
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 109
Default


These were Nick's suggestions. I've tried them and they sound good to me
Cajun Martyni is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 06:50 PM
  #647  
NJ991
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
NJ991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 378
Default

Thank you!
NJ991 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 06:52 PM
  #648  
Cajun Martyni
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 109
Default

Should note I have not disconnected the sub. Don’t know if I’ll do that
Cajun Martyni is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:59 PM
  #649  
docjohnM
User
 
docjohnM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 273
Default

Does anyone know if Musicar is still in business??


They have not responded to calls or emails in over a week!
docjohnM is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:49 PM
  #650  
TsaiCo
User
 
TsaiCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 190
Default

nothing from my end too....after adding the sound deadening on my door, I look forward to get some better mid on this system now...
TsaiCo is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 02:45 PM
  #651  
teambell
User
 
teambell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 149
Default Anyone want to trade covers?

I have a set of Luxor Beige tweeter covers, never installed, came with the MusicCar upgrade kit. Want standard black ones for trade or purchase!
teambell is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 03:34 PM
  #652  
passion4audio
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
passion4audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Hoping they're on vacation.
passion4audio is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:03 PM
  #653  
12v Nick
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
12v Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 671
Default

Hi everyone!

Just to clear the air – we're still very much in business and taking on more work than ever. My apologies for the poor correspondence with anyone that's been trying to get in touch with us recently, we've just been buried in the shop with local projects and finishing up the development on the 991.2 platforms. The good news is that we finally wrapped all that up and we'll be making an official announcement this week! If you need to contact us right now, the best way is by phone since the email inbox is a bit impacted. Call the shop at 503.208.6246 – happy to help anyone out!

–Nick
__________________
Director of Porsche Product Development - Musicar Northwest

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate" - Elbert Hubbard
12v Nick is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:45 PM
  #654  
koven
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 90
Default

delete found my answer

Last edited by koven; 05-16-2019 at 01:13 AM.
koven is online now  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 AM
  #655  
the_buch
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
the_buch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,023
Default

What about the official accouncement?? Wazzup Nick
the_buch is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 06:36 AM
  #656  
cpbmd
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
cpbmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 686
Default

I installed the Musicar tweeters last year. I would be very interested in knowing how to disconnect the middle speaker. A YouTube video on that would be awesome.
Thanks
cpbmd is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:47 AM
  #657  
Jim M.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jim M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 3,427
Default

I deleted my middle speaker. Took all of 30 minutes. Use a trim tool to pry up the center panel the one with the sport chrono. It's tight but it will come out. Lay it on a towel and the speaker is right there. Remove the screws holding the speaker in, disconnect the wire connector and you're done. I wrapped a little piece of foam around the wire connector so I wouldn't have any rattles. Pop the sport chrono panel back in and enjoy the stereo separation you can now hear.
Jim M. is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:41 AM
  #658  
cpbmd
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
cpbmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 686
Default

Originally Posted by Jim M. View Post
I deleted my middle speaker. Took all of 30 minutes. Use a trim tool to pry up the center panel the one with the sport chrono. It's tight but it will come out. Lay it on a towel and the speaker is right there. Remove the screws holding the speaker in, disconnect the wire connector and you're done. I wrapped a little piece of foam around the wire connector so I wouldn't have any rattles. Pop the sport chrono panel back in and enjoy the stereo separation you can now hear.
Thanks Jim. This will be my weekend job. I really appreciate the help.
cpbmd is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 03:01 PM
  #659  
docjohnM
User
 
docjohnM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 273
Default

Originally Posted by 12v Nick View Post
Hi everyone!

Just to clear the air – we're still very much in business and taking on more work than ever. My apologies for the poor correspondence with anyone that's been trying to get in touch with us recently, we've just been buried in the shop with local projects and finishing up the development on the 991.2 platforms. The good news is that we finally wrapped all that up and we'll be making an official announcement this week! If you need to contact us right now, the best way is by phone since the email inbox is a bit impacted. Call the shop at 503.208.6246 – happy to help anyone out!

–Nick
Yup, Nick got back to me right after I posted here! I am ordering the tweeter kit in a few weeks. Looks like a great place to start fixing the "Bose" sound!
docjohnM is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 03:30 PM
  #660  
tubernator
User
 
tubernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by docjohnM View Post
Yup, Nick got back to me right after I posted here! I am ordering the tweeter kit in a few weeks. Looks like a great place to start fixing the "Bose" sound!
It's a solid upgrade, fairly straightforward install, great move.
tubernator is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: