Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 02:18 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
I assume this upgrade shouldn't avoid any warranty on the car?
If you do the upgrade and your engine blows up, I doubt Porsche is going to void your warranty. How would they even know you have new tweeters?

If you do the upgrade, and your radio blows up, it could be a problem.

Bottom line, it's only a speaker. Low-low risk with a quality installation. I'd say the install process has more to do with it (warranty) than the actual Musicar product. And I have full faith in Nick. This is NOT his first rodeo.

This is a non issue for me.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:44 PM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
If you do the upgrade and your engine blows up, I doubt Porsche is going to void your warranty. How would they even know you have new tweeters?

If you do the upgrade, and your radio blows up, it could be a problem.

Bottom line, it's only a speaker. Low-low risk with a quality installation. I'd say the install process has more to do with it (warranty) than the actual Musicar product. And I have full faith in Nick. This is NOT his first rodeo.

This is a non issue for me.
if your radio blows up, you switch it back to the bose then go to the dealer....
Old 12-15-2016, 02:51 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick

It would work well in the Sound Package Plus system, which is what most of us interpret as "base" stereo. That said, there are a couple of cars floating around with CDR radios and a very basic audio system(6 speakers and no amplifier). I've not validated the solution in that system, but if you do in fact have that option I'd love to work with you on doing that

My car is a 2014 C4S, I assume it comes with the Sound Package Plus system as a standard feature, although I have to tell you I haven't counted the speakers...

I will send you an email later...
Old 12-15-2016, 02:51 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
I assume this upgrade shouldn't avoid any warranty on the car?
No warranty issues whatsoever. The impedance is higher than the factory's, meaning that the OEM amplifier is actually seeing less of a workload.

Not to mention the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act eleminated these types of issues back in the 70's. Essentially it states that a manufacturer cannot void your warranty due to post-production modifications unless they can prove that the aftermarket component cause the failure.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:58 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No warranty issues whatsoever. The impedance is higher than the factory's, meaning that the OEM amplifier is actually seeing less of a workload.

Not to mention the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act eleminated these types of issues back in the 70's. Essentially it states that a manufacturer cannot void your warranty due to post-production modifications unless they can prove that the aftermarket component cause the failure.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Well, I do learn something new every day. Thanks for that new-to-me information on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

I signed up for this because I was quite disappointed when I turned on the stereo for the first time a few weeks ago. The Bose upgrade isn't cheap, and having seen the pathetic tweeters taken apart, it's easy to understand. I see now that efforts adjusting the equalizer was a waste of time. I am not happy with Porsche as this is not premium in any sense of the word and pretty much a useless upgrade for $1500. Next time around, I am going aftermarket in its entirety. Hopefully you will have a package upgrade from the base system.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:05 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

email sent...

I don't like the idea of the Burmester grilles with no Burmester components beneath them... is there any other alternative? Can I keep the base grilles? (it has been discussed for the bose, I don't know if the mounting solution is similar for the base).
Old 12-15-2016, 04:20 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by 911seeker
email sent...

I don't like the idea of the Burmester grilles with no Burmester components beneath them... is there any other alternative? Can I keep the base grilles? (it has been discussed for the bose, I don't know if the mounting solution is similar for the base).
The base and bose grilles are identical, they need to be swapped out for the Burmester version. I posted this photo a few pages pack, but the openness of the grille is what really makes the difference.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:37 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

The base and bose grilles are identical, they need to be swapped out for the Burmester version. I posted this photo a few pages pack, but the openness of the grille is what really makes the difference.

is that an optical illusion? the one on the left looks dramatically larger than the one on the right. they are the same size correct?
Old 12-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by trice9
is that an optical illusion? the one on the left looks dramatically larger than the one on the right. they are the same size correct?
they are the same size
Old 12-15-2016, 05:57 PM
ddodds
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Email sent. Looking forward to this.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:26 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Ok, I will take a set as well. PM sent
Old 12-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Minesh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in

Email sent!!!

I am in!
Old 12-16-2016, 12:40 AM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nick, add me to your list. I also sent you a PM. Thanks. John
Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Count me in too.

I'm upgrading my upgrade!!! Did the Burmester one this past year already. Might as well jump on board too with this one. I'm done with tweeters after this. No more please Nick!

Quick Reply: Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade