Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-announcements-238/)
-   -   Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade (https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-announcements/966586-musicar-northwest-group-buy-991-high-end-tweeter-upgrade.html)

LexVan 12-15-2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by MinMay
I assume this upgrade shouldn't avoid any warranty on the car?

If you do the upgrade and your engine blows up, I doubt Porsche is going to void your warranty. How would they even know you have new tweeters?

If you do the upgrade, and your radio blows up, it could be a problem.

Bottom line, it's only a speaker. Low-low risk with a quality installation. I'd say the install process has more to do with it (warranty) than the actual Musicar product. And I have full faith in Nick. This is NOT his first rodeo.

This is a non issue for me.

ltdodge 12-15-2016 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by LexVan (Post 13814882)
If you do the upgrade and your engine blows up, I doubt Porsche is going to void your warranty. How would they even know you have new tweeters?

If you do the upgrade, and your radio blows up, it could be a problem.

Bottom line, it's only a speaker. Low-low risk with a quality installation. I'd say the install process has more to do with it (warranty) than the actual Musicar product. And I have full faith in Nick. This is NOT his first rodeo.

This is a non issue for me.

if your radio blows up, you switch it back to the bose then go to the dealer....

911seeker 12-15-2016 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by 12v Nick (Post 13812949)

It would work well in the Sound Package Plus system, which is what most of us interpret as "base" stereo. That said, there are a couple of cars floating around with CDR radios and a very basic audio system(6 speakers and no amplifier). I've not validated the solution in that system, but if you do in fact have that option I'd love to work with you on doing that

My car is a 2014 C4S, I assume it comes with the Sound Package Plus system as a standard feature, although I have to tell you I haven't counted the speakers... :D

I will send you an email later...

12v Nick 12-15-2016 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MinMay (Post 13814862)
I assume this upgrade shouldn't avoid any warranty on the car?

No warranty issues whatsoever. The impedance is higher than the factory's, meaning that the OEM amplifier is actually seeing less of a workload.

Not to mention the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act eleminated these types of issues back in the 70's. Essentially it states that a manufacturer cannot void your warranty due to post-production modifications unless they can prove that the aftermarket component cause the failure.

MinMay 12-15-2016 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 12v Nick (Post 13814959)
No warranty issues whatsoever. The impedance is higher than the factory's, meaning that the OEM amplifier is actually seeing less of a workload.

Not to mention the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act eleminated these types of issues back in the 70's. Essentially it states that a manufacturer cannot void your warranty due to post-production modifications unless they can prove that the aftermarket component cause the failure.

Thanks for the info.

Dan Nagy 12-15-2016 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 12v Nick (Post 13814959)

Well, I do learn something new every day. Thanks for that new-to-me information on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

I signed up for this because I was quite disappointed when I turned on the stereo for the first time a few weeks ago. The Bose upgrade isn't cheap, and having seen the pathetic tweeters taken apart, it's easy to understand. I see now that efforts adjusting the equalizer was a waste of time. I am not happy with Porsche as this is not premium in any sense of the word and pretty much a useless upgrade for $1500. Next time around, I am going aftermarket in its entirety. Hopefully you will have a package upgrade from the base system.

911seeker 12-15-2016 04:05 PM

email sent...

I don't like the idea of the Burmester grilles with no Burmester components beneath them... is there any other alternative? Can I keep the base grilles? (it has been discussed for the bose, I don't know if the mounting solution is similar for the base).

12v Nick 12-15-2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 911seeker (Post 13815123)
email sent...

I don't like the idea of the Burmester grilles with no Burmester components beneath them... is there any other alternative? Can I keep the base grilles? (it has been discussed for the bose, I don't know if the mounting solution is similar for the base).

The base and bose grilles are identical, they need to be swapped out for the Burmester version. I posted this photo a few pages pack, but the openness of the grille is what really makes the difference.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...496ef2f52b.jpg

trice9 12-15-2016 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 12v Nick (Post 13815153)
The base and bose grilles are identical, they need to be swapped out for the Burmester version. I posted this photo a few pages pack, but the openness of the grille is what really makes the difference.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...496ef2f52b.jpg

is that an optical illusion? the one on the left looks dramatically larger than the one on the right. they are the same size correct?

Porsche_nuts 12-15-2016 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by trice9 (Post 13815311)
is that an optical illusion? the one on the left looks dramatically larger than the one on the right. they are the same size correct?

they are the same size

ddodds 12-15-2016 05:57 PM

Email sent. Looking forward to this.

OCNYPORSCHE 12-15-2016 07:26 PM

Ok, I will take a set as well. PM sent

Minesh 12-16-2016 12:03 AM

Im in

Email sent!!!

I am in!

C4SJOHN 12-16-2016 12:40 AM

Nick, add me to your list. I also sent you a PM. Thanks. John

STG 12-16-2016 12:52 AM

Count me in too.

I'm upgrading my upgrade!!! Did the Burmester one this past year already. Might as well jump on board too with this one. I'm done with tweeters after this. No more please Nick!