Sponsored by:

Bluehorseshoe's GTS Journal

Old 01-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Full condom.
Period.
I don't need nicks, scratches, etc. Repainting costs money too and diminishes the resale value. Given PPF costs however, I do agree that it only makes sense to do for long term ownership.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:04 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Passed on this beauty last week... Not easy, but the right decision. I could’ve basically drove it for free until the end of the year, but decided it wasn’t worth the headache, especially in light of my experience trying to sell my GTS. Must say that I had an awesome experience with Nick at Paul Miller Porsche. Highly recommended, first-class dealership.

Decided to simply wait for my October Touring. Going all out for this build. Researching old Porsches to come up with the perfect classic build.

Came across this cool link designed to reinforce driving skills while researching 911Rs.

http://special.porsche.com/microsite...duce_speed.m4v
Old 02-03-2018, 08:54 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Default Porsche 991.2 Headlight ****

Searching for the perfect headlights for a classic build, and spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at headlights. Obsessing. No easy answer. Narrowed down to Xenon with PDLS (the best looking 991.2 headlight IMO) and the Black LEDs. Base Xenon, PDLS Xenon and Clear LED headlights all share the exact same light grey outter ring. The black LEDs have a dark grey outter ring.

I have the Black LEDs on my GTS and love them, so it’s going to be hard to go to the Xenons. I barely drive at night, but if I did I would highly recommend the LEDs. Considering the Xenons solely for their more classic look. Love the single can, and the 4 LED driving lights. They look the best when lit too, offering a cool 3D effect. The LEDs are far more modern.

Reason why black LEDs are so popular is because they are the only ones with black trim. Want one of the others... Simple solution really. Pick your favorite headlights... and buy black trim piece to go around the grey ring if you’re after that particular look.

All the headlights look 10x better under showroom lighting. (For the most part, same as exterior colors.). Always make decisions based on how they look in the real world, not in a showroom.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:35 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 109 Posts

Beautiful GTS.. but oh black... my car color nemesis!

Any luck selling? Curious what the dealer offered you for trade?
Old 03-05-2018, 02:22 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

serious headlight ****...
Old 03-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Searching for the perfect headlights for a classic build, and spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at headlights. Obsessing. No easy answer. Narrowed down to Xenon with PDLS (the best looking 991.2 headlight IMO) and the Black LEDs. Base Xenon, PDLS Xenon and Clear LED headlights all share the exact same light grey outter ring. The black LEDs have a dark grey outter ring.

I have the Black LEDs on my GTS and love them, so it’s going to be hard to go to the Xenons. I barely drive at night, but if I did I would highly recommend the LEDs. Considering the Xenons solely for their more classic look. Love the single can, and the 4 LED driving lights. They look the best when lit too, offering a cool 3D effect. The LEDs are far more modern.

Reason why black LEDs are so popular is because they are the only ones with black trim. Want one of the others... Simple solution really. Pick your favorite headlights... and buy black trim piece to go around the grey ring if you’re after that particular look.

All the headlights look 10x better under showroom lighting. (For the most part, same as exterior colors.). Always make decisions based on how they look in the real world, not in a showroom.

Whoa, that is a lot of headlights!
Old 03-05-2018, 09:17 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jmann2380
Beautiful GTS.. but oh black... my car color nemesis!

Any luck selling? Curious what the dealer offered you for trade?
Yes indeed, black is tough but well worth it IMO.

Latest and best ever dealer offer is $108k. I also have an offer a tad below my $115k ask from a fellow enthusiast. I lowered the price last month because I wanted it sold immediately to do a deal on a winged GT3, but since my car didn’t sell I passed on that GT3. Now I’ve been dragging my feet a bit because my GT3 won’t be here until January...
Old 03-30-2018, 09:58 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Default Garage empty

Set out to sell my GTS to an enthusiast who would appreciate this special car. Mission accomplished.

Sold to a fantastic person and fellow Rennlist user MYICEDM5. We have a lot in common. We both owned many BMWs in the past. Our most previous cars were 6-speed manual F10 ZCP M5s. (What are the odds?) We’re both totally OCD, and loved cars for as long as we can remember. And we both started our Porsche journeys with one black 991 manual GTS.

Best of luck with your new GTS Nick! Pleasure to meet and get to know you over these past few months. See you around!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats on the sale! On to the next

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluehorseshoe's GTS Journal