Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Delivery 2016: Nogaro Blue Edition!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:20 AM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Q about Nogara

I am glad you ordered this color, and had a couple questions about it if you don't mind, as I am considering as well!

I personally prefer to order my next PTS in San Marino blue over any other color, so it was interesting to read that you like the color as well, but as San Marino is not yet approved I'm looking at Golf Blue and Nogara Blue. I love these colors, but haven't seen either in person.

I'd like a PTS blue that is bordering on purple, preferring more royal blue / royal purple than a darker (blackish) blue, but special enough to be different enough from sapphire blue.

Q1) How different is Nogara from Sapphire blue in your opinion?

Q2) Do you know if it has the same pearl effect as the actual Audi paint? As Eduardo stated when he provided his valuable opinion on the 2 colors here ( https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14336140 )

<<
Audi does their 'Pearl' colors with very small 'Mica' flakes instead of normal metallic flakes. And Audi's resulting 'Pearl-Effect' colors almost look like a solid/uni, but with a 'pearlescent' look! In my eyes, the closest standard color at Porsche today that reminds me of Audi's 'Pearl-Effect is what they call 'Graphite Blue Metallic'. You can only detect the metal (or mica) flakes if you get real close to the paint's surface!
If Porsche duplicates the look of 'Nogaro Blue Pearl-Effect' in its PTS version, it might change my mind!
>>

Q3) Have you seen Golf Blue, and do you know how it compares to your car and/or Sapphire Blue?

Thanks very much in advance for any insight or opinions you want to share!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtom
I am glad you ordered this color, and had a couple questions about it if you don't mind, as I am considering as well!

I personally prefer to order my next PTS in San Marino blue over any other color, so it was interesting to read that you like the color as well, but as San Marino is not yet approved I'm looking at Golf Blue and Nogara Blue. I love these colors, but haven't seen either in person.

I'd like a PTS blue that is bordering on purple, preferring more royal blue / royal purple than a darker (blackish) blue, but special enough to be different enough from sapphire blue.

Q2) Do you know if it has the same pearl effect as the actual Audi paint? As Eduardo stated when he provided his valuable opinion on the 2 colors here ( https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14336140 )

<<
Audi does their 'Pearl' colors with very small 'Mica' flakes instead of normal metallic flakes. And Audi's resulting 'Pearl-Effect' colors almost look like a solid/uni, but with a 'pearlescent' look! In my eyes, the closest standard color at Porsche today that reminds me of Audi's 'Pearl-Effect is what they call 'Graphite Blue Metallic'. You can only detect the metal (or mica) flakes if you get real close to the paint's surface!
If Porsche duplicates the look of 'Nogaro Blue Pearl-Effect' in its PTS version, it might change my mind!
>>

Q3) Have you seen Golf Blue, and do you know how it compares to your car and/or Sapphire Blue?

Thanks very much in advance for any insight or opinions you want to share!
What does Golf Blue and San Marino Blue look like?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:53 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Absolutely beautiful - stunning color but I am somewhat partial.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the blues!
Old 11-13-2017, 05:17 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

I kept stopping at the Audi dealer when Nogaro showed up. I had been contemplating painting my new toy (high mile 996 TT cab) Nogaro. These pics sealed the deal.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

My new Mediterranean blue.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:47 PM
steve9
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by b-thumper

Thank you! I've never heard of a Viper green RS2. I'd love to see that.
Just noticed your reply after all these months as I was digging out your car photos to show the local Audi Sport salesman at Belfast Audi - he was most impressed - having sold quite a few Nogaro R8s and RS6 over the last few years, this was the first time he has seen Nogaro on a non-Audi. I've not seen a viper RS2 but an RS3, RS6 and R8. I won't clog up your thread with individual Audi photos but here's a collage of Audis in mostly Porsche colours. The process of ordering an Audi in "PTS" or exclusive colour as they call it is relatively straightforward. I ordered an R8 on 23rd December 2016 in Jaguar French Racing blue and it was approved by mid January - not a long wait at all considering the holiday period. I didn't have to provide samples - just the colour and the paint code (JYG)

From top left clockwise :-

- Nogaro Spyder (LZ5M) at West London Audi - it looks a bit lighter and more purple under the strong fluorescent light.
- Viper green (225) RS6 at Belfast Audi
- Mexico blue (336) R8 at Audi Forum Neckarsulm
- Voodoo blue (Z12) RS6 at Belfast Audi
- Miami Blue (M5C) Spyder at Grimsby Audi
- Lime green / gelbgrun (137) at Bristol Audi
- Riviera blue R8 (L39E) at Belfast Audi
- Viper Green R8 at Sheffield Audi

Hope you are enjoying your C2S
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:21 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully not too late with my slow reply:

They are not at all similar in my opinion. I don't quite have the words to describe how the tones are different, but I can say that Sapphire is metallic and Nogaro is really not (it's a very subtle pearl).

If you have never seen Nogaro in person on an Audi, it is a VERY small flake and really only visible in direct sunlight. Overall, Porsche's version of Nogaro is very similar to Audi's. I have 4 cars in Nogaro, 3 of which are Audis. My 2012 A4 Avant is lighter than what I call "historic" Nogaro. Porsche's mix of Nogaro is a hair darker than the historic tone. It is a VERY bright blue

If I have seen it, it would have been on the wall in zuffenhausen, but I was mostly interested in comparing Nogaro to Voodoo and Maritime. In short, I don't recall, so I probably shouldn't comment.

Originally Posted by steve9
Just noticed your reply after all these months as I was digging out your car photos to show the local Audi Sport salesman at Belfast Audi - he was most impressed - having sold quite a few Nogaro R8s and RS6 over the last few years, this was the first time he has seen Nogaro on a non-Audi. I've not seen a viper RS2 but an RS3, RS6 and R8. I won't clog up your thread with individual Audi photos but here's a collage of Audis in mostly Porsche colours. The process of ordering an Audi in "PTS" or exclusive colour as they call it is relatively straightforward. I ordered an R8 on 23rd December 2016 in Jaguar French Racing blue and it was approved by mid January - not a long wait at all considering the holiday period. I didn't have to provide samples - just the colour and the paint code (JYG)

From top left clockwise :-

- Nogaro Spyder (LZ5M) at West London Audi - it looks a bit lighter and more purple under the strong fluorescent light.
- Viper green (225) RS6 at Belfast Audi
- Mexico blue (336) R8 at Audi Forum Neckarsulm
- Voodoo blue (Z12) RS6 at Belfast Audi
- Miami Blue (M5C) Spyder at Grimsby Audi
- Lime green / gelbgrun (137) at Bristol Audi
- Riviera blue R8 (L39E) at Belfast Audi
- Viper Green R8 at Sheffield Audi

Hope you are enjoying your C2S
Very much enjoying the car. It will be sad to put her to bed for the winter. Thanks for the all the pics. I have ordered cars via Audi Exclusive and BMW Individual. It still amazes me how unfriendly the Porche program is in comparison to the other two.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:45 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Nogaro Blue looks great! Looks pretty familiar to my eyes as it's like a slight resurrection of Aqua Blue, with more candy to it and less metallic.

Very nice, enjoy!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:01 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

Car is really sharp. Love the shade of blue and the silver wheels!

Quick Reply: European Delivery 2016: Nogaro Blue Edition!