Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about sport design mirror, gloss black base

Old 09-21-2016, 10:32 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
If I'm remembering correctly, it used to be that unpainted black was the standard and you had to pay extra for body-color bases. Then they reversed and started painting them body colored and made you pay extra to get them in black (painted).

I didn't check any boxes when I ordered my '15 and the bases came body colored, like STG's. But maybe that's a GTS thing; the Sport Design mirrors were standard on GTS.

Your first comment is correct for the standard mirrors.

Regarding your GTS, they came standard with the "Sport Design" mirrors which have the base body color matched. At some point, the gloss black lower option became available. First seen standard on the GT3RS Sport Design mirrors.

Also .... If you ordered the folding mirror option, you got the standard mirrors as an option on the GTS.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:51 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Your first comment is correct for the standard mirrors.

Regarding your GTS, they came standard with the "Sport Design" mirrors which have the base body color matched. At some point, the gloss black lower option became available. First seen standard on the GT3RS Sport Design mirrors.

Also .... If you ordered the folding mirror option, you got the standard mirrors as an option on the GTS.
Ah, yes, that last bit I remember from the ordering process; I really wanted folding mirrors because I've literally sat in a restaurant and watched a person walk between my Turbo and the car next to it and smack the mirror closed with her wide ***. But the Sport Design just looks so... Sportily Designed that I couldn't pass it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about sport design mirror, gloss black base