Sponsored by:

991.2 Drive and Interior Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:11 PM
daedae
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 Drive and Interior Video

Just posted a video of us having fun in the 991.2 and some details of the interior

Old 07-30-2016, 08:28 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Thanks for posting. It looks and sounds fantastic.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:42 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Really enjoyed both of your videos. For those of us in the "official waiting room" with our own cars in various stages of production and transit it makes the days go by a little more quickly.

Looked like your daughters were really excited picking the car up at the dealership; must have been a blast. As others have said, beautiful configuration. The agate grey, black/bordeaux leather and sport wheels really work well together. In the second video, was that your wife tearing through the neighborhood and going up an onramp to the freeway? She looked a bit freaked out!!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:12 AM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

No disrespect intended, but would you take it kindly if your daughters were out in your front yard and somebody went tearing down your residential street at the speed you were doing in the video? Beautiful car, enjoy it in good health!

Last edited by drgek; 08-01-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Deleted.

Last edited by Mechanic; 08-01-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: deleted
Old 08-01-2016, 08:52 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 683 Likes on 477 Posts

Thanks for posting. Is your car a C2' 4S or base? Can you post a clip of the car under hard acceleration (similar to this post) with the PSE turned on and then turned off? I'm trying to decide on this option. I know PSE is popular but if the car is considerably quieter with it off under acceleration, I might just leave it off the option list. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
. . . would you take it kindly if your daughters were out in your front yard and somebody went tearing down your residential street at the speed you were doing in the video? . . . .
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:08 AM
daedae
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mechanic
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Totally agree, would not like that. and we took that into consideration. The houses we passed were mine, my in laws, and two houses that are empty because the owners were at the cottage. And we avoided the houses that have kids. Lastly only made two passes and edited it to make it look like more.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Great video but here's a reminder that you're not supposed to accelerate hard or drive fast or otherwise drive this sports car like a sports car.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:15 AM
daedae
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kayjh
Thanks for posting. Is your car a C2' 4S or base? Can you post a clip of the car under hard acceleration (similar to this post) with the PSE turned on and then turned off? I'm trying to decide on this option. I know PSE is popular but if the car is considerably quieter with it off under acceleration, I might just leave it off the option list. Thanks.
So, I have been playing with this. Within the cabin, With the pse OFF the car screams (higher pitched) Under hard acceleration.

With it off - much lower tone, more like a rumble. And harder to hear in the cabin.

Outside the car - pse ON - much louder.

I like playing with exhaust, but would not get it again as I prefer the scream sound as it feels like you are Going really fast.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:25 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by daedae
So, I have been playing with this. Within the cabin, With the pse OFF the car screams (higher pitched) Under hard acceleration.

With it off - much lower tone, more like a rumble. And harder to hear in the cabin.

Outside the car - pse ON - much louder.

I like playing with exhaust, but would not get it again as I prefer the scream sound as it feels like you are Going really fast.
Thanks. But overall, with PSE off much quieter under hard accel? I really like the twin centre pipe look but don't like unnecessary noise. Watch everyone will tell me I should get a Buick

I answered my own question (partly) of C2/C4; this is a 2 wheel drive variant, non S, correct?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:30 AM
daedae
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kayjh
Thanks. But overall, with PSE off much quieter under hard accel? I really like the twin centre pipe look but don't like unnecessary noise. Watch everyone will tell me I should get a Buick

I answered my own question (partly) of C2/C4; this is a 2 wheel drive variant, non S, correct?
Sorry, yes c2.

Yep with pse on, I find it harder to hear within the cabin. My friend who was driving it said the same thing and I wasn't telling her which setting I had it on.

On the bright side, I do like have the option of what setting to put it on. And I like the twin Centre pipes as well.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:20 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by daedae
Sorry, yes c2.

Yep with pse on, I find it harder to hear within the cabin. My friend who was driving it said the same thing and I wasn't telling her which setting I had it on.

On the bright side, I do like have the option of what setting to put it on. And I like the twin Centre pipes as well.
Just seems like a lot of money (to me) to get the centre pipe look (not suggesting it was a waste of your money, of course). I think I'm going to leave that option out. I don't have a car to test drive with it (dealer just sold the last car for this year). The howl in the 2015 991.1 I test drove on the highway without PSE was ridiculously loud under wide open throttle. I wonder what yours sounds like under wider open throttle in the off position. Finally, did you consider a C4 or will you park your car for the winter. Oakville can get a fair bit of snow but it usually melts off, correct?

PS, does the car seem quick enough or in retrospect would you have ordered an S ?

Quick Reply: 991.2 Drive and Interior Video