Sponsored by:

First Traffic Ticket with my Porsche.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:41 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
....... it pisses me off to see how people drive in South Florida and nothing gets done to change or enforce the laws of the highway ........
If this is what it's mostly about for you, then, IMO, going to court isn't going to change it. If you seriously want to get after this problem, then you need to expend more energy on the people who oversee local law enforcement. Here, that would be the city council, for city roads, County supervisors for county roads and so forth.
A daunting task for you; but, you've described a pretty big problem. Which, in the end, makes it political.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:00 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 197 Posts

Go to court. The state must prove their case. You will cross examine the agent on the device used to identify the recorded speed. Request a copy of the true and correct original copy of the calibration records.Research the frequency and requirements for calibration. There are certain intervals and agencies authorized to provide the calibration.
Doesn't matter if you're found guilty. File an appeal with either the Court of Common Pleas or State Court. The Assistant District Attorney will have many cases on his or her docket to try on a given day and will be anxious to blow a summary offense off. Stay away from appealing in Municipal Court. State and Common Pleas Courts try felonies and more serious cases. You may have your case discharged or plead to a no points charge. Ex: failure to inspect, not carrying your registration, not carrying your insurance or failure to have a valid inspection.
Keep me informed. Don't be intimidated by.Law enforcement.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:52 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default ticket clinic.com

rocks...just call them and tell them it has to go away for your job not be pled down. They already pay off the proper people to get this done. I wish every state was like this.

Originally Posted by trucheli
Yesterday I've got pulled over by Florida Highway Patrol going West on 836 and 87 Av. At first I thought the officer was going on a call since he turn on the sirens and lights so I proceed to moved over to the right to let him pass but the sirens and lights were for me. He told me that I was moving in and out of traffic and following to close.This was at 4:30PM with lots of traffic on the highway where everyone is almost bumper to bumper. I didn't argued and he wrote a ticket for "Following too close". To me this is total BS, what's considered following to close? How does the officer behind me can measure the distance and make a determination? Since when I am not allowed to change lanes to move thru traffic?

It seems that officers in Miami don't like to be passed even if you are within the speed limit or maybe they need to meet their ticket quotas at the end of the month. The way the law gets enforce here in South Florida has nothing to do with someone braking the law but a lot with generating revenue for their departments. I have been driving for more than 40 years with a clean record and I consider myself an above average driver with track experience and high speed driving in Germany for the last ten years.

Talking about Germany, there are no BS stops, police have better things to do than waste their time in stupid traffic stops. Speed cameras do a much better job than state troopers hiding behind trees and overpasses in order to generate revenue.

I do support law enforcement but not stupid enforcement!

Sorry about my rant, but it pisses me off to see how people drive in South Florida and nothing gets done to change or enforce the laws of the highway like drivers hugging the left lane, trucks on the left lane, no turn signals use whatsoever, talking on the phone and being oblivious to traffic around them, no full stops at red light turning right etc,etc.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:38 PM
Tampa991
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This was from 2016 guys...
Old 02-28-2019, 03:02 PM
Gibsomd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry... OLD THREAD!

Last edited by Gibsomd; 02-28-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I'm too stupid to have noticed the date of the OP
Old 03-01-2019, 08:36 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Yeah if you pass a cop, he's going to pull you over, even if you're doing the speed limit or less. Don't pass cops. I've never gotten a speeding ticket, but every time I get pulled over it's because I either passed a cop or went by a stopped one without slowing down to the speed limit, which they consider a sign of respect.

respect my a**. How about respect us, since we pay their salaries.

Thank god I can use Waze and they can feel helpless for once.

If if that happened to me I would use a car cam 24/7 and come into court with that. And make it clear money to them money is no object to dry some bacon.

The worst part is my wife wants us to retire to Florida. Ugh.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
If if that happened to me I would use a car cam 24/7 and come into court with that. And make it clear money to them money is no object to dry some bacon.
Hehe I'm not sure you can challenge a verbal warning in court.

It's not a perfect world but it's the one we've got, I try not to lose too much sleep over it.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I am planning to move my car to Florida in November, Gulf Coast. I've had my share of tickets some silly ones for 5 miles over the limit. I hope it's not worse than PA.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Seriously???

A little too much emotion here in this thread overall in my opinion.

Ya think????? Dude and his "its a miracle" you didn't get shot is so ridiculous its irritating.

Quick Reply: First Traffic Ticket with my Porsche.