991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Traffic Ticket with my Porsche.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:50 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

To the OP point about following too closely, I live in Miami too and have seen this as real problem along with other reckless behavior that doesn't necessarily involve speeding. If you're tailgating, cutting in and out of traffic so other people have to slam on the brakes when you cut in front of them then you should get a ticket. It doesn't sound like that's what you were doing here, but I'm sure you realize that it's a problem.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Shawn C
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Got pulled overcast night by FHP, Pulled way over on grass for his safety, Turned off car, both hands on wheel, Handed him my license.. Informed him I had a gun in my front pocket. He asked for my CCW which I handed to him. He thanks me for letting him know up front said "Ill be right back" Came back and gave me a warning. Very nice guy. Being polite can sometimes go a long way. Pretty sure I was doing 65-70 in a 55.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn C
Got pulled overcast night by FHP, Pulled way over on grass for his safety, Turned off car, both hands on wheel, Handed him my license.. Informed him I had a gun in my front pocket. He asked for my CCW which I handed to him. He thanks me for letting him know up front said "Ill be right back" Came back and gave me a warning. Very nice guy. Being polite can sometimes go a long way. Pretty sure I was doing 65-70 in a 55.
did 93 in a 60. Dude let me off. I wish I could thank him personally.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Shawn C
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice, Believe it or not I got pulled over for 117 once and they let me go in a 996 lol. It was 3 am lol
Old 09-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

I am always nice and friendly, I always get a ticket
Old 09-14-2016, 05:02 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn C
Nice, Believe it or not I got pulled over for 117 once and they let me go in a 996 lol. It was 3 am lol
I got pulled over for going 105 in a 65 (empty 4 lane highway where I was completely in control). By hiring an attorney I got it down to 95 and had to pay a fine, but avoided having to go before a judge.

Definitely not a good experience, although it was the most enjoyable driving and I was perfectly under control and wasn't a hazard to myself or anyone else.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 402 Posts

I live in Miami too. I routinely cruise at high speeds as long as there is no heavy traffic but usually in the express lane on 95. I've passed local police without issues but I would never pass a state trooper.

From the past 2 years of living here, I've noticed as long as you are driving fast in your own lane the police don't care. I'll be cruising 20+ over and the police will just pass me on the highway. This is mostly in Miami-Dade county. There are most definitely police speed traps to watch out for when you start going into Broward or PBC or across alligator alley.

They WILL pull you over though if you are tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and cutting people off. Essentially once it goes from just casual speeding to reckless driving, I've seen them turn their lights on and go after cars.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:09 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I got a ticket once for doing 25 in a 55. But I blamed that one on Shania Twain. She paid.
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2016, 06:26 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Wait for it... 37mph in a 35mph zone.
North Miami Beach.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:02 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't believe this is still alive. I've never had the intention to turn it into a political discussion. Just venting because everyday I see the worst drivers in the whole country do the most dangerous maneuvers in Miami. I love my car and I consider myself an above average driver. I know that I wasn't driving recklessly and I was single out for a particular reason not even worth stopping me. I can't believe the waste of time and money invested in the corrupt traffic system. As soon as my ticket hit the system I received 15 offers from tickets clinics. This is beyond ridiculous.

In Europe they have a well implemented camera system so police can use their time with more important issues than doing traffic stops. They don't bother if you are going 10 or 20 miles over the limit in the highway. They don't care if you are tailgating, go drive in Italy and really find out what's tailgating (if someone is tailgating is because you need to get out of the left lane and let them pass). In Germany the passenger can have an open container and drink alcohol in the car. They are much better drivers than in the US because they have respect for traffic laws, much better driving education and a well respected driving protocol.

I know BS when I see it!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:55 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
I know BS when I see it!
It's all business and it goes hand in hand : one hand washes the other. And everyone makes money : your lawyer makes money,the town/court makes money,the police department and the insurance company because you are now " a high risk driver ". They don't give 2 s**ts about safety and about the points on your license,all they care about is CASH! And it's all coming out of our pockets.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Pride and principle will be thrown out the door in the court room, just pay the 10 over penalty and move on ... pick your battles unfortunately, this legal system is a moeny pit and blue collar scam
Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
I can't believe this is still alive. I've never had the intention to turn it into a political discussion. Just venting because everyday I see the worst drivers in the whole country do the most dangerous maneuvers in Miami. I love my car and I consider myself an above average driver. I know that I wasn't driving recklessly and I was single out for a particular reason not even worth stopping me. I can't believe the waste of time and money invested in the corrupt traffic system. As soon as my ticket hit the system I received 15 offers from tickets clinics. This is beyond ridiculous.

In Europe they have a well implemented camera system so police can use their time with more important issues than doing traffic stops. They don't bother if you are going 10 or 20 miles over the limit in the highway. They don't care if you are tailgating, go drive in Italy and really find out what's tailgating (if someone is tailgating is because you need to get out of the left lane and let them pass). In Germany the passenger can have an open container and drink alcohol in the car. They are much better drivers than in the US because they have respect for traffic laws, much better driving education and a well respected driving protocol.

I know BS when I see it!
Speed cameras are the HEIGHT of BS.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:24 AM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimcu
Pride and principle will be thrown out the door in the court room, just pay the 10 over penalty and move on ... pick your battles unfortunately, this legal system is a moeny pit and blue collar scam
I'm sure the OP has taken care of the ticket he got from the summer of 2016. Interesting thread to read though. Thanks for reviving.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:53 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
Wait for it... 37mph in a 35mph zone.
North Miami Beach.
wait for it.....................11 in a 5mph zone! Daytona beach in Father-inlaw's Van!. Guy was so serious. Lights siren everything. People were passing me jogging. Gave me a warning...................

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Traffic Ticket with my Porsche.