Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering column in leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 12:27 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

Sorry Jennifer, but the boys here seem to have leather fetishes at some level. I did think leather slats on the air vents were over the top, so instead I ordered exterior color (SBM) painted vents. These are surrounded by black leather and stitched beautifully. I even got leather sun visors so my nose could be as close as possible to leather while driving. I did completely forget the leather steering column cover. Damn, that looks really good! I just keep thinking that certainly Walter R. does not need his fancy cabriolet leather jacket either, since he's not flying a WW2 aircraft at 30,000 feet. But, I bet he still loves wearing it. We are all individuals, thank God. If all of us had identical tastes there would be no point in our love of seeing all the other cars. I could just stay home and cultivate my own garden, but then I'd have to deal with being allergic to pulling weeds and picking up rocks. Way too much of that as a kid! And I don't recall getting paid by my Mother either.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:33 PM
JerryAlbee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet pics! I think I will be a nice addition. Can't figure out if the sub visors (leather or alcantara) are also worth it. I stare at it less than the column given it's hidden above eye sight and not used all that much (for me at least).
Old 07-15-2016, 02:35 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryAlbee
Sweet pics! I think I will be a nice addition. Can't figure out if the sub visors (leather or alcantara) are also worth it. I stare at it less than the column given it's hidden above eye sight and not used all that much (for me at least).
Got the visors in Alcantara because it matched the headliner on my GTS Targa.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:45 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
After seeing some of these pictures, these small details really are a nice touch. Everything should be covered in Alcantara and leather!!
I can only agree with you half way... I really like leather, but, IMO, nothing should be covered in Alcantara. I dislike the look of the stuff. Thank goodness I have it only as the roof liner in my car. That is why I will not buy a GT3, or even a GTS, unless it had the Alcantara delete option.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
I can only agree with you half way... I really like leather, but, IMO, nothing should be covered in Alcantara. I dislike the look of the stuff. Thank goodness I have it only as the roof liner in my car. That is why I will not buy a GT3, or even a GTS, unless it had the Alcantara delete option.
Have goosebumps??

Old 07-15-2016, 07:19 PM
RichAA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Have goosebumps??

More like a shudder. Alcantara for the headliner, sure. But touch points? I don't get that at all.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:36 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by RichAA
More like a shudder. Alcantara for the headliner, sure. But touch points? I don't get that at all.
Very big in the exotics. Does help with grip on seats, etc. You're not sliding around in an Alcantara seat. A manmade material. Says flame retardant too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)
Old 07-15-2016, 08:33 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Very big in the exotics. Does help with grip on seats, etc. You're not sliding around in an Alcantara seat. A manmade material. Says flame retardant too. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)
Reportedly half the weight of leather too
Old 07-15-2016, 08:58 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryAlbee
Alcantara visors replaced my leather ones
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Steering column in leather