Sponsored by:

More thoughts 911 vs Sportbike

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:43 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts
Default More thoughts 911 vs Sportbike

Back from 2000 mile road trip in new 991.2 C2s. Most memorable driving part was Hwy 139 between Susanville, Ca and Adin. Nice twisty road in parts with few cars and no speed traps. Road was pretty rough in places, but I was still able to run the car at a really fun but safe pace. Boy did the car really shine. Most impressive was the suspension that just soaked up the bumps and kept the car very composed. This is the first time in my life that I have gotten into that really fun quick zone in a car. I do it all the time on my road motorcycle, but have never owned a car like the 911. In fact I am sure that my pace through that section was quite a bit faster than I would have gone on my bike. I have good suspension on the bike but the rough parts of the road would have been pretty risky to push on a bike when leaned over, and higher speeds are just more of a physical challenge on a bike with no fairing. I mostly kept the speed below triple digits, but at higher speeds the car really comes into it's element. Just very stable and composed. I have all the handling goodies on my car so that may have helped. When I thought about getting a 911 my concern was whether the car could deliver the same excitement as a bike. Pretty clear now the answer is a resounding YES! Also was feeling that the high price of the car is because it could perform so well. We pay a lot but we get what we pay for.

Quick Reply: More thoughts 911 vs Sportbike