Sponsored by:

Seeking NJ/NY Porsche Dealer Service Advice

Old 07-08-2016, 07:48 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seeking NJ/NY Porsche Dealer Service Advice

Dear All,

I would like to get some opinions on the Porsche Dealer Service Departments in Central to North New Jersey as well as in the NYC area.

Which Service Departments are you using for routine maintenance, oil changes, warranty issues, and also Winter/Summer Tire Storage?

Have you found any significant discrepancy in the Prices and Quality for these services?

Do you look specifically for Dealers with Master or Gold Techs?

The main reason I ask now is because I have been using a dealer in North NJ that picks up my car from NY and the service is very good, but I recently realized the price is significantly higher compared to another dealer in central NJ which quoted me lower prices for similar services particularly the swapping and storage of winter/summer tires.

Thank you in advance for all your input. Much appreciated.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Try Greenwich Porsche in CT.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:40 PM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Town where you are currently going?
Old 07-08-2016, 08:52 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

How was the swapping and storage of tires pricing? How about picking up/dropping off the car, and which dealership in NJ?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:20 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
Is Town where you are currently going?
PM Sent

Originally Posted by erko1905
How was the swapping and storage of tires pricing? How about picking up/dropping off the car, and which dealership in NJ?
Couldn't send you PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Itsrottweiler
Cruisin'

I bought my car from Ray Catena Porsche Edison, however their service policy was horrible + their service managers were arrogant. They will not provide you a loaner if you have Geico Insurance, and that is how they lost my business.

Another Dealer in Princeton lost my business even before I could buy a car. I went there to book my Macan Turbo and the Sales manager was too arrogant, he came in looked at my build for 84k and commented that the car was no big deal and mentioned that he did not think the car was special, like they sell 918s on a daily basis. That is how they lost my business.
I thought I would give them a second chance since they were closer, and called them when the PCM in my 911 would not boot when I started. It would have been a 5 min job for them to take a look at (possibly even more) but the immediate response was that their next available appointment was one month later. When I called them for winter wheel swap for my Macan, they said the same. I took my Macan to the Mini show room near by and they swapped it readily. That is how they lost my business permanently.

For the PCM issue I had with my 911 I called Porsche of Monmounth the same day immediately after I called Princeton Porsche, that was my first time interacting with them had not approached them for a new car or service. They immediately requested me to bring the car over. The technician immediately had a look and it literally took him 5 mins, and mentioned he had to reboot the PCM and did not charge me anything.

I called again for my 10k Miles service and they were kind enough to ask if I needed a loaner and asked my availability to bring the car over. I was pleasantly surprised. They also gave an estimate for $470, not sure if it the price is high or low.

I have also heard good things about the technicians at Jack Daniels Porsche NJ. I was looking at them when I wanted to service my Macan and they were closer to my work. However did not get a chance to experience their service, ended up servicing at Edison. Thus experiencing their customer service.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:02 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Town was about twice the price of Ray Catena.
Town Has pickup and drop so yes I used that.
Ray Catena quoted lower prices, so I was considering it.

I have no problems with Town, but others have quoted lower.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Itsrottweiler
Cruisin'

Not sure if any of you here have tried Momentum Tire & Wheel. They are an authorized Tire rack installer.
I tried them for the first time last month for the summer wheel swap on my 911.

They come to your place or a common point (in my case they came to my place)and swap the wheels and charged me $107 for the swap. I thought that was reasonable for a swap, since another tire rack authorized installer charged around the same amount when I had to take my car over to them for a winter wheel swap.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:07 PM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Town was about twice the price of Ray Catena.
Town Has pickup and drop so yes I used that.
Ray Catena quoted lower prices, so I was considering it.

I have no problems with Town, but others have quoted lower.

I deal with Porsche Roslyn.
Ask for Joe B, or Aleks.

Tell them Geno GTS sent you, and you will be treated like gold.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,114 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsrottweiler
I bought my car from Ray Catena Porsche Edison, however their service policy was horrible + their service managers were arrogant. They will not provide you a loaner if you have Geico Insurance, and that is how they lost my business.

Another Dealer in Princeton lost my business even before I could buy a car. I went there to book my Macan Turbo and the Sales manager was too arrogant, he came in looked at my build for 84k and commented that the car was no big deal and mentioned that he did not think the car was special, like they sell 918s on a daily basis. That is how they lost my business.
I thought I would give them a second chance since they were closer, and called them when the PCM in my 911 would not boot when I started. It would have been a 5 min job for them to take a look at (possibly even more) but the immediate response was that their next available appointment was one month later. When I called them for winter wheel swap for my Macan, they said the same. I took my Macan to the Mini show room near by and they swapped it readily. That is how they lost my business permanently.

For the PCM issue I had with my 911 I called Porsche of Monmounth the same day immediately after I called Princeton Porsche, that was my first time interacting with them had not approached them for a new car or service. They immediately requested me to bring the car over. The technician immediately had a look and it literally took him 5 mins, and mentioned he had to reboot the PCM and did not charge me anything.

I called again for my 10k Miles service and they were kind enough to ask if I needed a loaner and asked my availability to bring the car over. I was pleasantly surprised. They also gave an estimate for $470, not sure if it the price is high or low.

I have also heard good things about the technicians at Jack Daniels Porsche NJ. I was looking at them when I wanted to service my Macan and they were closer to my work. However did not get a chance to experience their service, ended up servicing at Edison. Thus experiencing their customer service.
Catena lost my business too. Arrogant is too kind a word for them. The sales guy thought he was doing me a favor by charging me more than I could get the car for at another dealership. They sales guy was a real joke, really full of himself, but I put him in his place in a hurry.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Jaws12
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 18 Posts

By far the best techs are at Porsche of Monmouth.

Catena lost my business years ago because of the arrogance and pricing of the service department.

Princeton Porsche is a disaster right now and they are waiting to move to their new showroom. The place has been mismanaged for years.

Monmouth has 3 GREAT techs. I like Bobby, who I think is one of the best techs in the country. He's been with Porsche forever.

They are still going through a few transitional pains caused by their acquisition by Penske, but they are so willing to work with you on every aspect of your buying and ownership experience.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:30 AM
99112S
6th Gear

Had a few bad experiences at Town and don't think I'll be back there. First they gave me a hard time with a loaner saying nothing was available even though they confirmed availability during the time of booking. When I demanded I speak to a manager after 10 mins of arguing, a loaner car suddenly became available. Second time, they quoted me at least $300 over Jack Daniels on a service and when I asked to be price matched, lady got so annoyed and offerred me a $100 discount coupon and acted if she was doing me a favor. Worst part is, she had no idea on cars.

Took it to Jack Daniels and a lot better experience. Technician also recorded a video to go over the car and the services he performed so you know exactly what was done, and you get a link to that video via email. Not to mention it was cheaper than Town with no issues on loaners either.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Underblu
Banned

Received 574 Likes on 217 Posts

A buddy of mine has had a very positive experience with Paul Miller Porsche. I myself have had great experience with Porsche of Larchmont. Their service department is fantastic afaic.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:21 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Originally Posted by bmedude
Try Greenwich Porsche in CT.
Originally Posted by GTS_Ninja
I deal with Porsche Roslyn.
Ask for Joe B, or Aleks.

Tell them Geno GTS sent you, and you will be treated like gold.
Thanks for the info. Useful on the forum for all members. I did not contact them due to distance.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:46 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Originally Posted by Itsrottweiler

Thank You very much for the information. It's very useful. I'll post what I learned:

I called Monmouth yesterday and got the same price quote you got for 10K mile Service.
Monmouth $470
Ray Catena $275.
Princeton $300.

Tire Swap
Ray Catena $150
Monmouth $200
Town $344

Alignment
Ray Catena $200
Monmouth $250
Town $344

Labor rates:
Monmouth $135
Town $172

Town seems High? They Pick and Drop which might itself be worth the money and I have had no problems. But the price is very high.

Based on my email and phone interactions Monmouth seems reasonable. Ray Catena is very suspiciously low.

PaulMiller, Jack Daniels, and SouthShore have not gotten back to me.

Hope this helps.
Due to Tire Storage selecting one place becomes essential.

Thank you all for contributing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seeking NJ/NY Porsche Dealer Service Advice