Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE, TAG, Suncoast and Porsche Atlanta Perimeter come through! Switchpath is a beast

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 PM
1atom12
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE, TAG, Suncoast and Porsche Atlanta Perimeter come through! Switchpath is a beast

All,
I wanted to share my experience with all of these companies as well as first impressions of the Switchpath. My car is a 14 C2S without PSE. I ordered the non-PSE kit with black tips from TAG. Unfortunately, they shipped the Switchpath for a PSE equipped car by mistake. TAG responded right away to the error and contacted AWE for the missing parts to make my kit work for a non-PSE car. Excellent customer service by both companies and I couldn't be happier. I know allot of vendors are retailers for AWE, however, after this experience, I am now a TAG man.

Since my car was not equipped with PSE from the factory, I also ordered a new console switch assy from Suncoast. Unfortunately, the console kit from Suncoast was bad out of the box, so, my local dealer, Porsche Atlanta Perimeter, had to warranty the part and get me another one. The second console assy coded perfectly. I also had Porsche Atlanta Perimeter install the Switchpath and tips. They did a fantastic job and did all the work for significantly less than what I was quoted by the other Porsche dealer in town.

Now on to the Switchpath... Wow, just wow. First of all, throw out all the videos you have heard on Youtube. I'm sure this is the case with all exhausts, but you really don't get a sense for what the sound is like until you hear it in person. To my ears, again, my opinion only, with the valves turned off, inside the car, it is actually quieter than stock. I know that seems strange, but my wife also agrees that conversations between us are easier to hear. I don't know if the stock "S" muffler has a mild resonance to it, but to me, it seems less noisy in the cabin with the exhaust off. However, all bets are off once you press the PSE button. The Switchpath is a beast of an exhaust. That makes sense since it's only tubing with no resonators but the sound is glorious! Every snap, crackle and pop is clearly heard inside the car with the windows up and it completely transforms the way the car feels. There is a spine chilling howl under acceleration that must be heard to be believed. I am very pleased I went this route instead of just a straight PSE kit. I have had the factory PSE in two other cars, a base 981 Cayman and and a Cayman GTS and the the differences here between valves open and closed are a giant leap compared to my previous two Caymans.

I realize I sound like a fanboy, however, I was not asked to write a review by any of the above companies. I just wanted to share my experience and excitement with the Switchpath exhaust. Is the Switchpath for everyone? Probably not. With the valves open, it gets loud. But for me, it's the perfect solution to my sound needs based on the mood I am in at the moment. This is definitely a Jekyll & Hyde exhaust setup I would highly recommend. I'm not sure how it would work without the factory PSE button, but I would highly recommend it as part of your package if you car is not already equipped with it...

Thanks again to TAG, AWE, Suncoast and Porsche Atlanta Perimeter for making all of this possible!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:58 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you!
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 06-06-2016, 01:29 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 236 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 1atom12
All,
I wanted to share my experience with all of these companies as well as first impressions of the Switchpath. My car is a 14 C2S without PSE. I ordered the non-PSE kit with black tips from TAG. Unfortunately, they shipped the Switchpath for a PSE equipped car by mistake. TAG responded right away to the error and contacted AWE for the missing parts to make my kit work for a non-PSE car. Excellent customer service by both companies and I couldn't be happier. I know allot of vendors are retailers for AWE, however, after this experience, I am now a TAG man.

Since my car was not equipped with PSE from the factory, I also ordered a new console switch assy from Suncoast. Unfortunately, the console kit from Suncoast was bad out of the box, so, my local dealer, Porsche Atlanta Perimeter, had to warranty the part and get me another one. The second console assy coded perfectly. I also had Porsche Atlanta Perimeter install the Switchpath and tips. They did a fantastic job and did all the work for significantly less than what I was quoted by the other Porsche dealer in town.

Now on to the Switchpath... Wow, just wow. First of all, throw out all the videos you have heard on Youtube. I'm sure this is the case with all exhausts, but you really don't get a sense for what the sound is like until you hear it in person. To my ears, again, my opinion only, with the valves turned off, inside the car, it is actually quieter than stock. I know that seems strange, but my wife also agrees that conversations between us are easier to hear. I don't know if the stock "S" muffler has a mild resonance to it, but to me, it seems less noisy in the cabin with the exhaust off. However, all bets are off once you press the PSE button. The Switchpath is a beast of an exhaust. That makes sense since it's only tubing with no resonators but the sound is glorious! Every snap, crackle and pop is clearly heard inside the car with the windows up and it completely transforms the way the car feels. There is a spine chilling howl under acceleration that must be heard to be believed. I am very pleased I went this route instead of just a straight PSE kit. I have had the factory PSE in two other cars, a base 981 Cayman and and a Cayman GTS and the the differences here between valves open and closed are a giant leap compared to my previous two Caymans.

I realize I sound like a fanboy, however, I was not asked to write a review by any of the above companies. I just wanted to share my experience and excitement with the Switchpath exhaust. Is the Switchpath for everyone? Probably not. With the valves open, it gets loud. But for me, it's the perfect solution to my sound needs based on the mood I am in at the moment. This is definitely a Jekyll & Hyde exhaust setup I would highly recommend. I'm not sure how it would work without the factory PSE button, but I would highly recommend it as part of your package if you car is not already equipped with it...

Thanks again to TAG, AWE, Suncoast and Porsche Atlanta Perimeter for making all of this possible!
Thanks so much for the kind words Adam! We're very happy to hear that everything worked out great!

Now post up some pics and videos to show everyone how amazing it really is!

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Quick Reply: AWE, TAG, Suncoast and Porsche Atlanta Perimeter come through! Switchpath is a beast