Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experiment [success] for aftermarket, valves exhausts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 02:04 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Experiment [success] for aftermarket, valves exhausts!

I've been put in the penalty box for a bit financially by my smarter and more responsible wife... so no adding a PSE button anytime soon to articulate the vales on my IPE exhaust.

Yesterday I was experimenting and successfully programed the garage door opener buttons with the key fob remote that came with the exhaust! I'd still prefer to have the oem button on the console like with PSE but at least now I don't have to have anything extra on my keyring or worry about getting the key fob out.

Another easy and inexpensive option for those that are buying valved kits or aftermarket PSE specific kits is this:
Amazon.com: QTP Wireless Remote Cutout Controller: Automotive Amazon.com: QTP Wireless Remote Cutout Controller: Automotive

Plenty of others out there but this is a proven brand that can be had for under 100 bucks. Should take any competent shop an hour (2 at the very most if they've never done this) to install. You can also easily program your garage door openers to this remote.

The corvette guys have been doing this for exhaust cutouts for years.

Moderator - please change "valves" to "valved" in title... typo.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:55 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

My secret plan from the beginning has been to install exhaust cut outs just ahead of the turbos on my 991.2 next year.

Ill have all the added performance of the .2 but the cool sound of the .1.

See whos laughing then.

:-0

Quick Reply: Experiment [success] for aftermarket, valves exhausts!