Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to enjoy 911's....

Old 04-23-2016, 01:14 AM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Time to enjoy 911's....

I consider myself to be an optimist...I enjoy intelligent dialogue and conversations---and yes opinions that are not my own are encouraged.

Most people, myself included, have a hard time seeing beyond our own point of view---A disagreement should not lead to the "nuclear" option on either parties end. Everyone has a right to express a point of view and in turn we have the right to comment on that point of view...

I am disappointed that a disagreement is being resolved by "knee jerk" reactions---This hurts the public at large that enjoy the sharing of information.

I admit that I am not aware of all the details surrounding the actions of late.....I am aware that Humility is an admirable quality.

Cheers

Last edited by CDH911C2S; 04-23-2016 at 10:54 AM. Reason: sp
Old 04-23-2016, 01:20 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

This whole thing reminds me of Donald Trump. I agree with you, but if we can't get maturity and humility from one of the top 2 contenders for the White House, what is our chances of getting them on an anonymous Internet forum?
Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm blissfully unaware of whatever fracas or brouhaha you're referencing, but I've been around Internet forums long enough to know the general idea. And I certainly agree with you that it's not worth surrendering one's humor and magnanimity to try and convince "the crowd" of onlookers that you right/he wrong.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:33 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'm blissfully unaware of whatever fracas or brouhaha you're referencing, but I've been around Internet forums long enough to know the general idea. And I certainly agree with you that it's not worth surrendering one's humor and magnanimity to try and convince "the crowd" of onlookers that you right/he wrong.
I know. it really bugs me to 'talk around' something without just saying it. Is this about the STG/ 991.1 and 991.2 debate? Come on guys. We are all 911 fans/owners. Porsche decided they are all 991s. That is what this board is suppose to discuss......right?
Jim
Old 04-23-2016, 06:06 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

This forum, as well as others, are not immune from cyber bullying. Has it really gotten to the point where a suggestion gets shot down, personal attacks ensue, and then termed "terrorism"? You can't make this stuff up.

I think we are all tired of .1 and .2 bickering. I know I am. No need to use a sledgehammer to constantly try to get your point across. This forum has moved from a place to share ideas and opinions to "I am right, you are wrong." Some people on this forum just don't seem to fit the demographics of a Porsche owner.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:32 AM
carsnob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chocolate vs. Vanilla... No right or wrong and that's what makes up interesting differences. Most of us accept that in this forum...
Then again, I have told my wife that "if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"
Old 04-23-2016, 10:07 AM
bandi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a forum where we're all at liberty to brag about and show off our cars--pure hedonism and narcissistic. Sometimes this gets carried to the next level by the "I'm right you're wrongs"--big deal! If we're all able to afford these cool cars, surely we've had to wade thru a little more stress than an overly egotistical D.B. can cause us on these forums. Hopefully we're all more humble and mortality respecting in the rest of our lives!
Old 04-23-2016, 10:09 AM
gbree
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
This forum, as well as others, are not immune from cyber bullying. Has it really gotten to the point where a suggestion gets shot down, personal attacks ensue, and then termed "terrorism"? You can't make this stuff up. I think we are all tired of .1 and .2 bickering. I know I am. No need to use a sledgehammer to constantly try to get your point across. This forum has moved from a place to share ideas and opinions to "I am right, you are wrong." Some people on this forum just don't seem to fit the demographics of a Porsche owner.
Demographics of a Porsche owner? Get over yourself. You are part of the problem.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:33 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

^^ Well, to be fair to PorscheNuts, I don't think he meant "demographics" in the financial sense, although that's often how the term is used. I supposed him to mean it in the sense of a (perhaps romanticized) ideal of the Porsche owner as a well-rounded man or woman of taste, refinement, and gentility, and with that the good breeding and mannerliness that should accompany such privilege. You know, lacking the above we'd all own Ferraris, or, God forbid, Lamborghinis.

In all seriousness, I'm just 50 but when I was a kid in the 70s my impression -- whether wrong, right or a little of each I'm not sure -- was that the man or woman who drove a 911 or even a 914 was cut from a different cloth (pepita?) than the person who drove similarly priced cars from other makes. As such, I too had a bit of a romanticized notion of Porsche drivers and I can forgive PorscheNuts if he still believes that to be the case. I think it's still there in a large number of us, but it's sadly lacking in a lot as well.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:36 AM
gbree
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
^^ Well, to be fair to PorscheNuts, I don't think he meant "demographics" in the financial sense, although that's often how the term is used. I supposed him to mean it in the sense of a (perhaps romanticized) ideal of the Porsche owner as a well-rounded man or woman of taste, refinement, and gentility, and with that the good breeding and mannerliness that should accompany such privilege. You know, lacking the above we'd all own Ferraris, or, God forbid, Lamborghinis. In all seriousness, I'm just 50 but when I was a kid in the 70s my impression -- whether wrong, right or a little of each I'm not sure -- was that the man or woman who drove a 911 or even a 914 was cut from a different cloth (pepita?) than the person who drove similarly priced cars from other makes. As such, I too had a bit of a romanticized notion of Porsche drivers and I can forgive PorscheNuts if he still believes that to be the case. I think it's still there in a large number of us, but it's sadly lacking in a lot as well.
That is fair. Maybe I misinterpreted his post... That often happens on the Internet.

I do think this whole thing is blown out of proportion though. This thread should not have been created at all, or at least posted in the off topic section.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:38 AM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given that I do not know what transpired----I am closing this thread to end further speculation.

Cheers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time to enjoy 911's....