Sponsored by:

Techart vs H&R springs...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:03 AM
flatsick
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan

great looking car. What front splitter is that?
Thank you, it's a kohlenstoff front lip

Last edited by flatsick; 08-04-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Cman21
Instructor

Techart Springs
Old 08-04-2018, 10:07 PM
Got_Corners?
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

That's odd. All indications in this thread have been the h&r's have the lower drop than techart.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:21 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Just to repeat: all of your lowered cars look fantastic. Super. Terrific. Parked. Sitting still. That said: full speed, at the track...??!! I've scraped various underbody plastic parts at the track...stock height. And when I load the car up with several cases of Trader Joe organic wine plus luggage to drive 800+ miles one way for a high school reunion (as I did last year and will again later this year)...well, the car settles down nicely and looks - lowered. I'm leaving the car at stock height...for what, at least for me, is for a good reason. For those of you with a 1" +/- drop, please let us know how you did after a track weekend or a cross country trip with the car fully loaded. I'll stand by to hear your report.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:51 AM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Guy
Just to repeat: all of your lowered cars look fantastic. Super. Terrific. Parked. Sitting still. That said: full speed, at the track...??!! I've scraped various underbody plastic parts at the track...stock height. And when I load the car up with several cases of Trader Joe organic wine plus luggage to drive 800+ miles one way for a high school reunion (as I did last year and will again later this year)...well, the car settles down nicely and looks - lowered. I'm leaving the car at stock height...for what, at least for me, is for a good reason. For those of you with a 1" +/- drop, please let us know how you did after a track weekend or a cross country trip with the car fully loaded. I'll stand by to hear your report.
I drove up 600 miles each way to Salem, OR a couple months ago in my Techart lowered C2, with a fully stuffed frunk (including some dense items like liquids, ~2 gallons), and I never scraped either the body of the car to the ground or the tires to the fenderwells during that journey. The lowered height does make the ride a little more firm, but it is still completely usable. The attached picture from mid-trip shows the front dropped about 1/2" from its normal height due to the extra junk in the frunk. Oh, I averaged 80-85 mph on generally mediocre quality I-5.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 927 Likes on 549 Posts

deleted double post
Old 08-05-2018, 06:42 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

I do about 4 track days a year, so not a ton. I drive between San Francisco and Los Angeles about once a quarter as well where I hit up the Angeles Crest Highway.
I also live in San Francisco (not the friendliest streets in the US), take my car up to the mountains to go mtn and road biking. This is my only vehicle so it does everything for me

I have about 58,000 miles and I have gone through 1.5 plastic front plastic lips, which cost about 175 dollars give or take. I am pretty good at watching the road and angling driveways. To me it's worth it, as cars like 911's are more a passion vehicle versus something like a Truck or Prius and for me, and many people here, having that perfect lowered look is part of the equation, for you it's clearly not.

Everyone has their thing.
I am Lowered on on TechArt.

Dropped on Tech Art

Old 08-05-2018, 09:57 AM
flatsick
Instructor

I've done multiple track days on the h&r springs and never bottomed out or scraped.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Got_Corners?
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsick
I went with H&R, To me the drop is not enough. A met a guy at the local 70th anniversary party who had the Techart Springs on his Carrera 4. His seemed to be about 1/4" - 1/2" lower than mine. Instant remorse. Either way, its better than the supreme stock height and the ride is close to what it was before.

Here are a couple pics with the 20's and H&R

Originally Posted by Joec500
I do about 4 track days a year, so not a ton. I drive between San Francisco and Los Angeles about once a quarter as well where I hit up the Angeles Crest Highway.
I also live in San Francisco (not the friendliest streets in the US), take my car up to the mountains to go mtn and road biking. This is my only vehicle so it does everything for me

I have about 58,000 miles and I have gone through 1.5 plastic front plastic lips, which cost about 175 dollars give or take. I am pretty good at watching the road and angling driveways. To me it's worth it, as cars like 911's are more a passion vehicle versus something like a Truck or Prius and for me, and many people here, having that perfect lowered look is part of the equation, for you it's clearly not.

Dropped on Tech Art
+1 well said. Good looking car!
Old 08-05-2018, 11:06 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500

Dropped on Tech Art
Agree that the ^ is well said—and great car!
Old 08-05-2018, 12:00 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993
Do you have a pic taken from the front and back showing the offset of the stock centerlock wheels? I am wondering if the offset of the OEM centerlock is not aggressive enough the wheels may look tucked in too much after lowering. Thanks.
in my perfect world the best offset/look is that found on the GT3 while the lowered GTS’s wheels sit just a tad inside the wheel wells.

will try try and post other pics later.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

GT3 running very similar height to my 991.1 GTS with techart springs. I am about 4mm lower at the back and the same at the front as my old GTS

Old 08-06-2018, 02:29 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Joec500, your car looks terrific. Appreciate your input. Especially like the bikes on the roof...excellent that your 911 is your all-around, go to car. For us: only use our Macan S for roof carrying stuff. Thought about it with the 911 but didn't want to lose the sun roof, even temporarily. As for living in San Francisco, no comment other than to wish you the best of good wishes. Otherwise, yeah...really nice looking vehicle. Good for you!!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:48 AM
whiteflashe90
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My Techart springs are for sale. They were installed on a 991.1 C2, which I recently sold for a 981 GTS
PM me!
Old 08-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Joec500, your car looks terrific. Appreciate your input. Especially like the bikes on the roof...excellent that your 911 is your all-around, go to car. For us: only use our Macan S for roof carrying stuff. Thought about it with the 911 but didn't want to lose the sun roof, even temporarily. As for living in San Francisco, no comment other than to wish you the best of good wishes. Otherwise, yeah...really nice looking vehicle. Good for you!!
Actually the sunroof still opens partial way, when the sunroof senses the rack with a small bump it stops. Super good design, but it is restricted quite a bit. In terms of the Macan, if I had one, I would use a trailer hitch rack for bikes etc. If I had a two car option I would def do a Macan or Cayenne.

Quick Reply: Techart vs H&R springs...