Sponsored by:

Techart vs H&R springs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OKB
I talked with h&r several years ago and they said they make springs for all the tuners, like techart, cargraphic, Porsche, they said they make them all, just paint different colors. They could be different rates, but if they research and develop a spring for a certain car and get it like they want it, who is going to tell them to make ours stiffer, softer?
I disagree with you on this. H&R offers one set of springs for all 991 models.

Techart offers springs unique to each model (.1 vs .2) and Carrera vs Targa. The Targa is heavier than the coupe overall with more weight in the rear. I like that Techart offers a specific spring for my .2 Targa vs a .1 Targa or .1 Carrera etc and ultimately that is what sold me on them vs a one size fits all like H&R offers.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:24 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

im only going by what their tech told me when we were discussing spring that werent in production yet. I see 3 different 991 springs as I looked quickly on H&R.
But thats not to say they arent making a spec springs for techart if thats the way they wanted them. Thats also assuming h&r researched a car, 991 and made the decision to equal out a specific spring because it improved all models equally
Old 03-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

H&R has only two different part #'s. What is the third (unless you are counting the Turbo which I was not including in this discussion)
28880-1 fits all RWD 991s (both .1 and .2)
28880-2 fits all AWD 991s (both .1 and .2)

No difference for Coupe vs Cab vs Targa and no difference for 991.1 and 991.2
Old 03-02-2017, 01:07 PM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have pictures of the H&R's on an S-PASM car? I've seen a good many of the tech art.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:02 AM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 59 Posts
Default H&R on SPASM

Here's one.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

^That drop is spot on! I went with H&R springs because I am chasing more of a near-flush drop.... either/or is fine really. The Techarts have a mild drop while the H&R are more moderate but not too extreme. Even with the H&R's sport springs, it'll still mimic my OEM 981 GT4's stance which I like... anyway all these 991's will substantially look better on a drop ranging from 15mm up to 30mm (my personal limit).
Old 03-03-2017, 01:43 PM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
Here's one.
Nice!
Old 03-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
^That drop is spot on! I went with H&R springs because I am chasing more of a near-flush drop.... either/or is fine really. The Techarts have a mild drop while the H&R are more moderate but not too extreme. Even with the H&R's sport springs, it'll still mimic my OEM 981 GT4's stance which I like... anyway all these 991's will substantially look better on a drop ranging from 15mm up to 30mm (my personal limit).
I bought H&R's as well, just waiting for them to arrive!
Old 03-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

I've followed this for a while and am ready to lower my C4S. Currently on PASM (non sport) with Porsche factory spacers.

I've decided on techart. My selected shop (Trophy in Las Vegas) recommended H&R but my car is a daily driver and I prefer to keep ride as close to stock as possible and don't want to scrape.

My question to the group is where should I buy a set of techart springs? They seem to be priced differently at different places. Trophy keeps only H&R on hand it seems.

If any vendors are reading this I'd like to buy them very shortly. Feel free to message me.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OKB
I talked with h&r several years ago and they said they make springs for all the tuners, like techart, cargraphic, Porsche, they said they make them all, just paint different colors.
Can you explain why the H&R guy you talked to said they made Techart springs, when they are made by Eibach?
Old 07-25-2017, 11:30 PM
whiteflashe90
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
I've followed this for a while and am ready to lower my C4S. Currently on PASM (non sport) with Porsche factory spacers.

I've decided on techart. My selected shop (Trophy in Las Vegas) recommended H&R but my car is a daily driver and I prefer to keep ride as close to stock as possible and don't want to scrape.

My question to the group is where should I buy a set of techart springs? They seem to be priced differently at different places. Trophy keeps only H&R on hand it seems.

If any vendors are reading this I'd like to buy them very shortly. Feel free to message me.
I got the Techart springs fromTAG. I have an install appointment Friday.

Based on everyone's thoughts, I'm going with Techart. (I also bought the H&Rs because I could not decide, so will be selling them)

I'll have pictures and share my experience soon!

Thanks for everyone's quick replies!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:10 PM
911passion
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am probably going to go with techart too for my base 3.4 with no PASM.
Anyone has experience with coilovers? Alex at Sharkwerks recommends pss10s. Any other ideas?
Old 07-26-2017, 01:40 PM
leopard print
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911passion
I am probably going to go with techart too for my base 3.4 with no PASM.
Anyone has experience with coilovers? Alex at Sharkwerks recommends pss10s. Any other ideas?
Depends on what you're using the suspension for. If it's just for aesthetics and you want an OEM quality ride, then TechArt is the way to go. If you want adjustability, then go coilovers. I've had coilovers on previous cars and never once adjusted the height or dampening. Kind of a waste for what I used them for in my opinion.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:09 PM
911passion
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leopard print
Depends on what you're using the suspension for. If it's just for aesthetics and you want an OEM quality ride, then TechArt is the way to go. If you want adjustability, then go coilovers. I've had coilovers on previous cars and never once adjusted the height or dampening. Kind of a waste for what I used them for in my opinion.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. For me it may about being able to lower the center of gravity without compromising on ride quality too much. Lower but not harsher I guess... which also has to do with tires and tire pressure of course.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:23 PM
leopard print
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911passion
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. For me it may about being able to lower the center of gravity without compromising on ride quality too much. Lower but not harsher I guess... which also has to do with tires and tire pressure of course.
That's exactly what I was going for...lower but not harsher. I love the ride and height of the TechArts. The only downside of them for me are driveways.

Quick Reply: Techart vs H&R springs...